If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TGS - Blog - Day 2

lost_keeperlost_keeper MemberFull Members
edited September 2007 in Latest Updates
Paul walks us through his second and final trip to the Tokyo Game Show as the press-only days come to a close.

Comments

• tokugawatokugawa Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    How about boosting the ISO to get less blurry pictures (yes, at the cost of noise, but that shouldn't make much difference at these picture sizes)... or generally learn how to use a camera. Or get a better one in Japan.
  • Amish_ChiefAmish_Chief Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (tokugawa @ Sep. 23 2007,10:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">How about boosting the ISO to get less blurry pictures (yes, at the cost of noise, but that shouldn't make much difference at these picture sizes)... or generally learn how to use a camera. Or get a better one in Japan.</div>
    Given the massive restrictions they had on taking photos during the show in the various booths and on the show floor, there wasn't much I could do. The criticisms are fine, but until you go there yourself, the previous comments are a little out of line.

• tokugawatokugawa Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Amish_Chief @ Sep. 23 2007,09:13)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (tokugawa @ Sep. 23 2007,10:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">How about boosting the ISO to get less blurry pictures (yes, at the cost of noise, but that shouldn't make much difference at these picture sizes)... or generally learn how to use a camera. Or get a better one in Japan.</div>
    Given the massive restrictions they had on taking photos during the show in the various booths and on the show floor, there wasn't much I could do. The criticisms are fine, but until you go there yourself, the previous comments are a little out of line.</div>
    It would be new to me that they restrict the ISO you can use. As I said, just up your ISO, and there should be less blur.
  • Duke OtterlandDuke Otterland Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2007
    <3 the white mage chocobo ^^
  • ShykidShykid Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    They restrict where you can take pictures during the show, but most people ignore the staff and take pictures anyway :p

And sometimes it wasn't exactly clear where exactly you couldn't take a pic. A lot of times I just wanted pics of booths themselves, instead of the TVs displaying game footage. I think the TVs displaying footage were what was mostly off-limits.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">How about boosting the ISO to get less blurry pictures (yes, at the cost of noise, but that shouldn't make much difference at these picture sizes)... or generally learn how to use a camera. Or get a better one in Japan.</div>

You don't have to be so rude, you know. Do you know how hard it is to take a good picture at that place with all the crowds pushing you around as you try to focus your shot? Not to mention that a lot of times one had to turn off their flash so as to avoid being caught taking pictures or just to improve the image, which makes it a lot easier for a pic to end up blurry.

Geez, some people are never satisfied ~_~
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Shykid @ Sep. 24 2007,00:49)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">They restrict where you can take pictures during the show, but most people ignore the staff and take pictures anyway tounge2.gif

And sometimes it wasn't exactly clear where exactly you couldn't take a pic. A lot of times I just wanted pics of booths themselves, instead of the TVs displaying game footage. I think the TVs displaying footage were what was mostly off-limits.</div>
    Indeed. While I did have a press pass which enabled to me to take pictures in places generally not allowed for others, there were still restrictions. One of the pictures in that blog was actually taken due to my misunderstanding of the "no screenplay shots." restriction that many had. I was under the impression that taking pictures of screens were OK if you weren't directly in front of the game, but I found out the hard way. No hard feelings in the end, and it's one of the cases I'm lucky were Japanese people are for the most part unwilling to confront people in a hostile matter. If they were, I would have been in a little trouble.

And yes, it could have been a better camera or I could have used better settings, but not using a flash and rushing for quick pictures does hurt the quality. I guess the suggestions behind the criticism I like, but the tone came across as harsh. No hard feelings. Still, it is a reality of being on the show floor, and from a business sense I can't blame some of the companies of being protective of that information.

If you want to see really strict, you should have seen Square Enix's closed theater. But more on that later.
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Duke Otterland @ Sep. 23 2007,15:57)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><3 the white mage chocobo ^^</div>
    I nearly knocked him/her/it over after taking that picture wow.gif
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited September 2007
    >.>

*looks around and sneaks up on the white mage chocobo*

*snuggles him silly*

So cute! biggrin.gif