If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

TadrithTadrith MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
With Final Fantasy Tactics being considered one of the finer games of the series, this game will undoubtedly get a great deal of attention. It looks like Square will also be making some tweaks along the way, in typical Square fashion.

What's the opionions so far? Good? Bad? No thanks I'd rather play Beyond the Beyond?

Comments

• MystalicMystalic Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    There is NO WAY, NOTHING that could get me to play that evil game!

EVIL! *stabs game repeatedly*
  • NinaNina Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I wouldnt mind owning it...i never got the chance to play that game on PSX, and i stress yet...Id like a game on GBA that will keep me busy
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    Does anyone know if/when this game is going to be translated to English?
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    First...I actually enjoyed Beyond the Beyond a little bit..

But I have a few random questions. While it will almost certainly be released in English, who will publish it, Square of Nintendo? Second, is this officially a Square title, or will it be known as a Game Design Studios, or whatever the heck the Nintendo branch is called.

As far as localization, on the US end, do the translators need to learn about GCN and GBA technology? Or is it a more simple translation process.?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (yazarc420 @ Jan. 19 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"As far as localization, on the US end, do the translators need to learn about GCN and GBA technology? ?Or is it a more simple translation process.?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Depends on the company and their method of operation. Some companies use all-in-one people, others hire separate staff for the translation, editing, and integration. Sometimes the people that are integrating the changes are back in Japan, even.
  • appleyukariappleyukari Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Sure I'm gonna play it and ofcoz own it together with Seiken Densestu V on GBA! ^^
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Did anyone else hear that it's gonna have 3 different viewing modes depending on whether or not you're playing on a GBA, SP, or GBA Player?
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2003
    cant wait for this game(along with the new secret of mana).the screens look great.i will own this instantly,kupo,kupo!
  • AnjelikaAnjelika Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"We're all eagerly awaiting the arrival of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes, yes, yes, yes smile.gif
    i hope the gba player is available as well by then since tiny screens are not my best

• NinaNina Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (appleyukari @ Jan. 19 2003,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Sure I'm gonna play it and ofcoz own it together with Seiken Densestu V on GBA! ^^[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Is the new Seiken Densetsu game out in the USA yet? id like to get my paws on that myself, since im playing Seiken Densetsu 4 at the moment...
    edited January 2003
    Just as a point of information, Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu, coming out for the Game Boy Advance this summer is not a new game, but rather a rather thorough remake of the original Seiken Densetsu (which was released in North America as Final Fantasy Adventure).

Also, there is no game entitled Seiken Densetsu 4. ?The title of the game is Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana.

• Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Jan. 21 2003,00:01)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Just as a point of information, Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu, coming out for the Game Boy Advance this summer is not a new game, but rather a rather thorough remake of the original Seiken Densetsu (which was released in North America as Final Fantasy Adventure).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And I *highly* recommend the game! I just hope they don't radically change the storyline for the remake. FFA had one of the most poignant bittersweet sweet storylines for a FF game.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    confused.gif
    Hey guys!!! Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA.... That's cool..... But when are we going to see a FF Tactics 2 for PS2 or Gamecube..... There were just alot of holes from the first FF Tactics for

As far as the FF Tactics for GBA..... Hhhmmm.... Now I'm not the brightest person in the world, but doesn't the graphics of this game looks like something similar to I don't know..... Tactics Ogre?confused.gif mad.gif

And while we are on the subject.... Since Squaresoft and Enix may or maynot be a joint venture..... What games do we wanna see for future references....

Here's a few ideas:

A new Ogre Battle game for PS2 or Gamecube.....
    As previosuly stated.... FF Tactics 2 for PS2 or Gamecube.....
    How about a tactical style game of Dragon Warrior series.....
    Where's Dragon Warrior 8confused.gif??....
    Here's a dream game..... Similar to Kingdom Hearts....but Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior or even Ogre Battle characters....
    How about a compliation with FF 3 Japanese plus Bahamut Lagoon.....
    Where's Dragon Warrior 5 and 6confused.gif?
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"As far as the FF Tactics for GBA..... Hhhmmm.... Now I'm not the brightest person in the world, but doesn't the graphics of this game looks like something similar to I don't know..... Tactics Ogre?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You know what people said when they saw the screens for the GBA incarnation of Tactics Ogre? That it looked like FFT. There's a reason.

But consider yourself lucky. They could have made it look like Tomb Raider.

(On that note...) And even though Square seems to be on a sequel trip as of late (with...uh...FFX-2, and the as yet unconfirmed FF7-2, and that's it), there's really no reason to be expecting a FFT-2 anytime soon. And to voice my own opinion, I wouldn't even want to see one. Your best bet at this point is to hope that there are some references in FFTA that relate back to FFT. It's not entirely out of the question, since both games do, y'know, take place in the same world and all.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    confused.gif ?Ok, That I can understand.... And thank goodness for that...... FFTA looks like to be a good challenge.....

As far as future titles..... I am beginning to notice a very serious trend.... Alot of the SNES era RPG's are going directly to GBA..... Not that I have a big problem with it.... But what about people that don't have one..... But do own every other major system.... PS2.... Gamecube..... Xbox......

I noticed they are bring back FF and FF2 for Playstation.... And FF Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube.... There are alot of overlooked RPG's for the older systems that haven't be forcasted to come over..... One that has my interest is Bahamut Lagoon.....

It looks like all Bahamut Lagoon needs is a good clean up and some extras..... Alot of RPG'ers that lean toward strategy games (... like myself...) would love to see it out on a major format..... Even a series develop.....

I guess I will be waiting for FF Origins for now.... With hopes for others in the future.....

And can anyone tell me where are all the good Xbox RPG's?confused.gif

biggrin.gif

• Nerdboy HimselfNerdboy Himself New Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I'm shocked that no one has mentioned the GBASP/FFTA bundle deal. I have a commercial of Nintendo speaking up the system and have read numerous articles on the combo (which comes with a special Pearl White GBASP and FFT, an FFTA carrying case, and an FFTA wrist strap), but nothing from RPGamer. Odd.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nerdboy Himself @ Jan. 21 2003,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm shocked that no one has mentioned the GBASP/FFTA bundle deal. I have a commercial of Nintendo speaking up the system and have read numerous articles on the combo (which comes with a special Pearl White GBASP and FFT, an FFTA carrying case, and an FFTA wrist strap), but nothing from RPGamer. Odd.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/japan/aw011403.html:

"With news of the Game Boy Advance SP already a whole week old, Square announced today that it will be teaming up with Nintendo to release a deluxe edition of Nintendo's new console and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The pack will contain a pearl white GBA SP, the game, as well as a FFTA-themed strap and pouch. The set will be released on February 14th, and it will set you back a hefty 18,300 ? ($155). This is going to be a limited offer, so if you want one, you better place your preorder as soon as possible."
  • Nerdboy HimselfNerdboy Himself New Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    So they slipped it into a Japandemona! The tricksters!

Mmm. Spd-J.