If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Tactics Screen Options

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
No matter how you look at it, the game will accomodate you. Any thoughts?

Comments

• ZeroNumberZeroNumber Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    It's nice to see Squaresoft start off their new relationship with Nintendo so enthusiasticly. It's good that they stayed away from the 64, but willingly making three different view forms really shows a lot of the honor Squaresoft has. Unfortunatly, even with the included GC form, the graphics won't look any better, and big screens will feel some mighty pain.
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    I can't recall any company taking development on a GB or GBA title so seriously. It does seem like it could easily be the best game on the GBA hands down.

I'm looking forward to this title more than virtually every game coming out for the XBox, PS2, and GameCube this year.

--BPF
  • JoshieJoshie Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    It's too bad it won't be on a console. I mean, just looking at everything it's gonna have, it's almost epic. And only in a low-res handheld? Even transfered to a TV with the adapter, it won't look as proportionally attractive as the original FFT due to the way sprites have to be designed to accomodate the visibility of handhelds. Even in an emulator, I imagine I'd be off in a corner lamenting the lack of good console alternatives.

Oh, and of course, the biggest blow of all the the game: the soundtrack. One of the biggest areas of praise for FFT was that it had one of the best soundtracks out there for PSX. Great sampling plus great music made something that I'm afraid GBA just can't stack up against.

Oh, right, back to my corner to lament.

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joshie @ Jan. 22 2003,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It's too bad it won't be on a console. I mean, just looking at everything it's gonna have, it's almost epic. And only in a low-res handheld? Even transfered to a TV with the adapter, it won't look as proportionally attractive as the original FFT due to the way sprites have to be designed to accomodate the visibility of handhelds. Even in an emulator, I imagine I'd be off in a corner lamenting the lack of good console alternatives.

Oh, and of course, the biggest blow of all the the game: the soundtrack. One of the biggest areas of praise for FFT was that it had one of the best soundtracks out there for PSX. Great sampling plus great music made something that I'm afraid GBA just can't stack up against.

Oh, right, back to my corner to lament.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The GBA isn't a console? ?If it isn't, then what have I been playing with over the last year? ?It plays games in a single format that is universal for all games made for it. ?The GBA is a 32-Bit handheld console. ?Just because it isn't attached to a TV, doesn't make it any less of a conole than any of the other systems. ?As for the quality of music on the system, listen to the music in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. ?It had great music and I think that if FF Tactics Advance has an equally skilled composer, the music in the game will be equally impressive. ?Don't underestimate the power of the GBA just because of the fact that it's a handheld.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bpfinsa @ Jan. 22 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It does seem like it could easily be the best game on the GBA hands down.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    IT's WAAAAYYYY to early to even speculate about that. Nintendo could drop a bombshell by re-releasing Super Mario Bros. 3 and throw in a few new levels/worlds ala Yoshi's Island. I must say I've been a sucker for Nintendo's ports to the GBA, but I will definitely be getting FFTA for sure.
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Man, if they can do this with a GBA, imagine what they can do with a PS2 once Matsuno gets some free time. Then again, Matsuno has no hand in this project, so one he himself does may not be as varied as this.

A suspicion: considering the plot seems to revolve around some kids getting sucked into a book, I'm wondering how the story will work considering there are so many more missions than those in FFT, and that was a fair sized war in itself. Maybe you are allowed to control your characters now when they take up propositions; that would certainly eat up some missions!
  • wayne_statixwayne_statix New Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    super mario bros 3 was good on its console they rerelease it I doubt anyone will care half as much as u believe they will second of all isnt the third perspective able to be viewed on tv ? and GBA isnt a console its what u said b4 a handheld system consoles are played on tv and consoles specifiy a system
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wayne_statix @ Jan. 22 2003,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"super mario bros 3 was good on its console they rerelease it I doubt anyone will care half as much as u believe they will second of all isnt the third perspective able to be viewed on tv ? and GBA isnt a console its what u said b4 a handheld system consoles are played on tv and consoles specifiy a system[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hmm, allow me to translate and thus make the previous post readable.

"Super Mario Bros 3 was great on the NES, but if they rerelease it I doubt anyone will care half as much as you believe they will.

Second of all, isn't the third display mode for FFTA supposed to be viewed on the television?

Finally, the GBA isn't a console, it's what you said before: a handheld system. Consoles are played on a television."
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wayne_statix @ Jan. 22 2003,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"super mario bros 3 was good on its console they rerelease it I doubt anyone will care half as much as u believe they will second of all isnt the third perspective able to be viewed on tv ? and GBA isnt a console its what u said b4 a handheld system consoles are played on tv and consoles specifiy a system[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"super mario bros 3 was good on its console they rerelease it I doubt anyone will care half as much as u believe they will [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What's your reasoning for this? I think there are many people out there that would like a graphically enhanced version of the game. If Nintendo threw in some extra levels, that'd be THE hook to make people buy it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"second of all isnt the third perspective able to be viewed on tv ?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"and GBA isnt a console its what u said b4 a handheld system consoles are played on tv and consoles specifiy a system[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What's the purpose of arguing between consoles and handhelds? They both play games yes? So what bicker over something as pointless as a name?
    edited January 2003
    MonCap, try to understand. I like good music. Not good-for-what-it-has-to-work-with. FFT had music you could listen to on a stereo and enjoy it--it was simply that good. GBA's sound capability simply isn't as advanced, and while I'm sure FFTA will excel for a GBA soundtrack, it won't begin to compare to its PSX counterpart. Like I said.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    confused.gif
    I'm wondering if there is a way to play this game on the Gamecube..... Remember back in the days.... The Super Gameboy for SNES..... I wish they had a feature like that for the Gamecube via the GBA..... I think I would have more of a reason to get both a Gamecube and a Game Boy Advanced.....

I'd love to replay the old school RPG's like Dragon Warrior 5 and 6..... Breath of Fire 1 and 2..... Lufia.......

But until it can be prefected, I guess I'll stick to my PS2.... And Xbox..... And PC.....

edited January 2003
    As a matter of fact, there is going to be a new Super Gameboy type of accessory, specifically for playing GBA games on your GameCube. It's been rather talked about lately.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (djgoku76 @ Jan. 22 2003,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"confused.gif
    I'm wondering if there is a way to play this game on the Gamecube..... Remember back in the days.... The Super Gameboy for SNES..... I wish they had a feature like that for the Gamecube via the GBA..... I think I would have more of a reason to get both a Gamecube and a Game Boy Advanced.....

I'd love to replay the old school RPG's like Dragon Warrior 5 and 6..... Breath of Fire 1 and 2..... Lufia.......

But until it can be prefected, I guess I'll stick to my PS2.... And Xbox..... And PC.....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Have some of you people even READ the story yet? eh.gif
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 2003
    djgoku76: What, (excuse the insult) have you been under a rock or something? Nintendo's coming out with a accessory that you can attach to the bottom of a Gamecube that will allow you to play GBA games on ?a Gamecube. It WILL be coming here.

Give me a minute to find the article about it...

Ok, found a couple about it on Gameforms.

EDIT (Kamikaze): Gameforms? Please...we have our own coverage on it here: http://www.rpgamer.com/news/japan/aw111802.html

It's gonna be called the Game Boy Player. Take a good look at that guy. That's why there's a display option for it.

[edit]: Added second article, fixed a stupid mistake.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.