If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(knightofhyrule @ Oct. 15 2005,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Oct. 16 2005,05:06)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Just finished off Julius Mode in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows.[/QUOTE]
    There's a Julius mode in that one, too? Sweet.[/QUOTE]
    Yup...and it is quite possibly one of the greatest additions to a Castlevania ever. Play as Julius, Yoko and...well, that would be telling, wouldn't it? ^^ The last battle in that mode is truly an amazing experience.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Dawn of Sorrow: People at the Party told me that the touch screen mechanics wouldn't be bothersome. They lied. If I can finish this one I'll be legitimately surprised.

Phoenix Wright: Capcom's got a Writ of Awesomenitude here. My grandpa had me watching Matlock at an early age and this game is like my wettest dream come true.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Oct. 15 2005,23:23)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Dawn of Sorrow: People at the Party told me that the touch screen mechanics wouldn't be bothersome. They lied. If I can finish this one I'll be legitimately surprised.[/QUOTE]
    Guh?

For serious? Why so?
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Oct. 16 2005,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Yup...and it is quite possibly one of the greatest additions to a Castlevania ever. ?Play as Julius, Yoko and...well, that would be telling, wouldn't it? ?^^ ?The last battle in that mode is truly an amazing experience.[/QUOTE]
    I think I can guess. cool.gif

That game can't get here soon enough. Thankfully, amazon has moved the shipping date for the game (along with Pheonix Wright and Trauma Center) up from December 23 to December 16-20...
  • T_H_LockeT_H_Locke Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Right now, I am working on Radiata Stories.

I must say that after finishing the game, there was a lot more to do. smile.gif Definintely an enjoyable experience.

Also, not to mention some interesting bosses from other games.

*No spoilers on who or what though. biggrin.gif
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Finished Pokemon XD. Hm. Now what? Castlevania;DoS, Digital Devil Saga 2, maybe Pheonix Wright. And last night's Fullmetal Alchemist wants me to play FMA2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir. Choices!
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    I'm taking a break from Y's the Ark Of Naphistim right now ( have not beat it yet ).

I'm still playing Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow. I also bought a used copy of Sword Of Mana last week and I am playing this when I am not playing Castlevania or watching anime.
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Oct. 15 2005,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Oct. 15 2005,23:23)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Dawn of Sorrow: People at the Party told me that the touch screen mechanics wouldn't be bothersome. They lied. If I can finish this one I'll be legitimately surprised.[/QUOTE]
    Guh?

For serious? ?Why so?[/QUOTE]
    He's probably having problems drawing the Seals. I had alot of trouble with Seal 5 untill I got some advice from someone on how to do it superfast without sacrificing accuracy.

If there is 1 element to this game I don't like it is drawing the Seals. I love my DS but I don't like the way certain games try to make use of the DS's touch screen ( or it's microphone for that matter ) when they don't need to. In C:DOS's case the Sealing souls things felt horribly gimmicky. It was there because Konami felt obligated to use the touch screen, not because they wanted to use it.
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    I think one of Nintendo's policies for getting a dev kit or some such for the DS (perhaps getting their approval to publish?) is that you must use the touch screen in some way.

I'm not sure, though. Someone want to back me up or tell me I'm wrong, please? (Be honest.)

Anyway, on to topic: Finished Myst, on to Riven. Looking forward to Shadow of the Colossus.
    edited October 2005
    I don't believe Nintendo has that policy, Xero.

The culprit(s) are developers that are pretentious with hardware. The DS is the new PSX, horray!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    I simply use my finger (nail) to draw the seals. Extremely easy. I learned that the most important thing in drawing seals is to do it fast. I draw them really fast with quite bad accuracy and it works 100% of the time.
    edited October 2005
    It was all just a game of "Simon" with lines when it came to the seals. I honestly don't think I ever messed up on the seals, so it never really bothered me.

It's too bad that there is only one real puzzle involving the "breakable" blocks, too. The one that they did put in the game was actually pretty well applied.
    edited October 2005
    I played some Trace Memory today. Quite the enjoyable game.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Star Ocean Till the End of Time - Kirlsa Training Facility
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Wandering around the bonus dungeon in Atelier Iris, dunno if I'll bother with it though.

Might play some Stella Deus today..
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DarionDarion Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Still playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. So friggin' badass. I'm getting real near the end, and it's actually gotten rather tough. Like, for the first time... I have no idea what's going on. And I like it.

Picked up Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance today and played through the first 5 or so missions. As I expected, it's quite Fire Emblem-y. Which, for me, is a good thing.

Romancing Saga is on hold at the moment. Pirates and super-cool Minstrels just don't hold a candle to Ace Attorneys and... ummm... Fire Emblems.
    edited October 2005
    I'm such a terrible SaGa fan. I still haven't picked up Minstrel.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited October 2005
    Just finished Trace Memory. Short but oh so sweet. Loved it and started a New Game+ for the good ending. Most puzzles are easy, but some of them are really well done. It's basically a sort of Shadowgate/Deja Vu/Uninvited with an intriguing story made by Nintendo. 100% stylus too.

Time to go back to DoS now...still have to finish Julius Mode (which is awesome) and get 100% Souls on my Soma game.

I also started Pokemon Colosseum...it's alright I guess...totally average.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Finally got around to playing Jade Empire. I hated everything about the combat. Rest of the game was cool, though. Plus, it had a much better make-out scene than KOTOR.

Bastila: "Just shut up and kiss me!" *nod, nod, turn* *fade out* *fade in* "That was a mistake!"
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Playing Advance Wars 2:Black Hole Rising on my GBA now... school's been pretty hectic recently.
    Don't really have time to play my consoles
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Playing some Megaman Legends 2 alongside Anachronox.

Just played duck hunt with the duck army last night. Homing missiles for attacking ducks are a must. =P

Dracos
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Playing Some Indigo Prophecy. The coontrols of the PS2 PAL version suck.

I'd like, no, desire to play Shadow of the Colossus though....
    edited October 2005
    Been pondering Indigo, but ignoring it. Hype much, it is.

Dracos
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeoTwister5 @ Oct. 21 2005,08:01)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Playing Some Indigo Prophecy. ?The coontrols of the PS2 PAL version suck.

I'd like, no, desire to play Shadow of the Colossus though....[/QUOTE]
    Oh man, this is quite the masterpiece in the making, it must be said.

edited October 2005
    The Warriors = The Fun (especially if you're a fan of the movie)

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Beat Fatal Frame II on hard, and man, although I was expecting the alternate ending to be dark, Christ.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"school's been pretty hectic recently.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

I'm playing Catching Up with History Reading. It's not fun.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Beat Fatal Frame II on hard, and man, although I was expecting the alternate ending to be dark, Christ. [/QUOTE]

You have my sympathies. Fatal Frame games aren't a cakewalk.

Scored a free copy of Earthbound. I forgot how much the game rocks.
    edited October 2005
    Bump n Jmp =D

Dracos
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Shadow of the Colossus and Shining Force Neo.

I've only beaten 2 of the colossi, but they are holy fricken jeebus cripes barg-a-ding-dong HUGE.