If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    KOTOR. Still waiting for DDS. *sigh*
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Resident Evil 4 - Playing a replay game on Professional difficulty.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    I was playing Super Mario World, to no success I might add... >_>
  • BenightedBenighted New Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    GOD! i have like 2 years using this site and finally I entered the forums jaja hello everyone biggrin.gif i was just playing skies of arcadia for gamecube dindt have the time to play it on dreamcast so....im going to finish Baten KAitos now but im going to make a little stop to tey the Dragon Quest demo i recieved today biggrin.gif
  • supershavinsupershavin New Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    With school going i've only been able to eat away at Megaman Zero 4 on my SP. But when i get a break i usually grab grandia II or Disgaea.
    edited October 2005
    Zero 4 is out? How is it?
    edited October 2005
    It has a bit less variety than Zero 3 did, but the zero knuckle is a great addition. I would rate it on par with the rest of the series.
    edited October 2005
    Crap. That's another one for the list then. I need a job...
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    I do need to get to the Zero series.

Anyhow, I've been playing SD3 a bit.

And the Manage Team game. Complete with "Regular Meetings", "Hunting Down Supervisors", and "Dear god, I want a bloody ibc rootbeer and no store in this uncivilized barbaric city sells it."

Dracos
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    I seem to be stuck inbetween a few things...some real, some game, some all in my head. *shifty-eyes*

In no particular order:
    Exile
    Xenosaga I - Dock Colony first time
    Mega Man Playthrough-of-rightousness - MM4 in progress, and recently finished MMZero 2 on normal. Trying for an A-rank game now before I move on to MMZero 3.
    Work, school, and RPGamer. ^^

Currently playing: FEAR demo and sucking horribly at it.
    Just finished: Shadow of the Colossus. Wow. Simply, a great game.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Working my way through a second run of DDS2 mainly... also playing Wanda and the Colossus from time to time.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited October 2005
    Been on a Resident Evil kick lately. Beat Classic earlier, think I'll go through Rebirth next.
    edited October 2005
    I feel like we're having a secret meeting!
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    I'm playing my first time through Tales of Destiny 2 for the PSX. Great game, fun battle system!

Too bad the storyline is lacking abit...
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Yazuka @ Oct. 30 2005,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Too bad the storyline is lacking abit...[/QUOTE]
    Blame the VA's. They were very capable of ruining everything about that game.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Dear god, I hate those VAs. They were truly wretched.

But Yazuka, ye got the right idea. The real core of the Tales games are the battle systems. Enjoy fight one and you're likely to enjoy it all the way through.

Dracos
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Genji: Dawn Of Samurai

I bought this game on Thursday and I have been playing it ever since. Awesome game although playing it makes me feel like a novice ( which destroys my enjoyment since I don't feel as if I am worthy ), if you don't know what you're doing the bosses in this game can really punish you ( like they have been doing to me ).

I plan on picking up Y's again once I have beaten ( or if I am forced to give up ) on Genji.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Been playing a lot of WoW, Pokemon Colosseum, Counter Strike Source, Castlevania DoS, GTA:LCS, Burnout Legends.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    going through a second FAQ-assisted run of Digital Devil Saga 2 (missed some rings and some optional bosses)
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Ultimate spider man, Radiata Stories.
    They aren't spectacular by any means but they are still captivating and should hold my interest until I can get Shadow of the colossus.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Gunstar Super Heroes, which I really don't like. Kind of odd, since I enjoyed the universally-hated Advance Guardian Heroes.

I also got Shattered Union because someone name-dropped Panzer General in a review of it. Awesome purchase. Not only does it renew my love of beer-and-pretzel turn-based strategy games, but it's an entry in the genre that has actual flavor, something that's been sorely lacking since Advance Wars became the king of the hill with its "universe" that makes Rainbow War look like a narrative masterpiece.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited October 2005
    Just grabbed soul calibur III.

The character creator thing is genious.
    And the Legend of the Blade is almost a tactical RPG.

Much better than II (despite not having any exclusive characters)
    edited October 2005
    Beat REmake with Chris, though I really sucked in doing so.

RE4 has made my classic RE skills decline. tounge.gif

• SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    Don't worry Slayer, if you ever buy the DS version, I'll help you get better through COOP mode. I mean, how could you not want an arrow to help you?

• schizogonyschizogony Member Full Members
    edited October 2005
    RE4 should be in my mailbox when I get home from work today (GameFly.com), so I'll be playing that for a few weeks.

As for RPGs, I'm currently making my way through several:

Suikoden II (for the first time ever)
    Romacing SaGa - 20 hours into Gray
    SaGa Frontier - just leveling up Lute and recruiting for the final battle
    FFT (another first time ever)
    Front Mission 4 - This one seems harder than #3
    Tactics Ogre on GBA - Fun fun fun!

...to name a few ?wink.gif

• kevin_psxkevin_psx Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    Tales of Destiny 2 - ps1

Thanks to the auto-battle feature I have my characters leveled to 70! I plan to take them up to 90 before taking on the final boss.

Does TOD2 max out at level 99?
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    I believe it maxes out at 255.
  • carbonbasedlifeform2000carbonbasedlifeform2000 Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    currently playing Katamari Damacy (how could a game be any more fun?)
    and when i get home tonite due to many people talking about how great the story was in Xenogears i'm gonna finally give it a try again, last time i quit playing halfway through due to my friends telling me that the story was about to start sucking and making no sense and the fact that it was already a fairly old game and i had other games on my "to-do list"
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    I'm about to finish Xenogears tonight after a long hiatus from playing the game (mainly because I was levelling up and getting gold before Deus).
    Currently playing Star Ocean:2nd Story, We Love Katamari, Fifa 06, and am about 80% in completing the campaign mode in Advance Wars 2.
    edited November 2005
    Decided to restart Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance again, after I did a Dumb Thing &#153; a while back and erased every known copy of my 70-80% dogtag collection file. (and acompanying VR mission file) Finished the game quickly and even understood things better than I did before in previous playthroughs. Time to hunt me some dogtags! smile22.png

Also started a new game of LttP. Yay good old gamage.