If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Aug. 28 2007,14:40)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I managed to get ahold of Rune Factory when I moved back to school. It's actually really fun, but the days are so long. I feel like I should be further along than I actually am.</div>
    I feel like I'm doing something wrong playing it. I played for a bit last night, and I found myself getting up, getting all my farming tasks accomplished, then going to bed at like 10:00 am. What's the deal? Am I just not getting it?
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited August 2007
    You know the old saying, early to bed, early to bed again the next day.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Are you going in the caves? I always spend tons of time in them, killing random things, mining for metal, and plowing land to get to the next cave, all until I'm low on HP. Then I go in the town and just talk to everyone, give people gifts and crap. Stuff like that. Fishing passes by time pretty quick, and it's not bad money, at least in the beginning or probably when you get a better fishing rod.

Have you gotten a pass to the first cave yet? You need to plow at least 100 squares on the farm to get it.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited August 2007
    More Pearl and PSO Ep. III. Though I'm annoyed that you can't explore in PSO Ep. III, the battle system is interesting, and the plot intriguing. The characters aren't bad either.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited August 2007
    Played some Monster Hunter Freedom 2. It was pretty cool, because it imported part of my data from MHF1, thus giving me extra funds and gear. I finished the first four quests, and I need to prepare myself to face the <span class="spoiler">large White Velociprey/Giaprey.</span>

Also got <span class="spoiler">the third magical armlet wielder</span> in Jeanne D'Arc.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2007
    I finally get to play Rune Factory today! *runs around giddy*
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Playing Bioshock in Spanish on hard mode now, having beaten it on normal during the launch week. <span class="spoiler">Not sure if I agree with "?Quieres?" being used as Spanish for "Would you kindly?" though...</span>

Outside of the RPG front, I've got Metroid Prime 3. Nothing says "intuitive" like fighting the control scheme for two hours at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    devil summoner soul hackers for the saturn, 2nd time through this game. Dragonlore on the old 3DO console, going a bit old school @ the moment.

Non rpg, turok 2 and sanfranciso rush on n64
  • MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Wild Arms 5 and re-playing the first Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
    thanks for reading
  • TLRTLR New Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Brave Story.

Unexpected from the way this game started out... it seems this game's actually trying to put up a challenge (Ch7 and up). I do hope there's some better boss battle themes on the horizon... this standard boss battle theme sounds too generic and FFX-y.

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited August 2007
    More P3 and KoL tonight. P3 is really starting to draw me in now. 1st full moon is in 6 days too!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited August 2007
    TLR's sig feels like a challenge. I didn't even know there were 45 PSP RPGs. I'd like to see a list...
    edited August 2007
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">TLR's sig feels like a challenge. ?</div>
    That's because it is a challenge.

*Wildly rips off his shirt, flexing and yelling "GET SOME!" at the top of his lungs*

My being goofy aside, the real reason behind that is just to find conversation with other PSP RPG fans.
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I didn't even know there were 45 PSP RPGs. ?</div>
    No surprise there, especially with how little Sony's putting out for advertising.
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'd like to see a list...</div>
    Full list+Upcoming PSP RPGs

• Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited September 2007
    I didn't get a chance to play PSO episode III. I did start playing Shining Force on the Virtual Console though. I guess the scant characterization is to be expected, but so far, it's interesting.

Also played some Pearl.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I bought Jeanne D'arc yesterday for PSP, and the first few hours I have spent with the game, I have enjoyed alot. so yeah, there is going to be alot of tactical RPG goodness on PSP this fall, so im just gettin warmed up (although Disgaea and Lions War are ports)
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (AnimeGamer183 @ Sep. 01 2007,09:50)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I bought Jeanne D'arc yesterday for PSP, and the first few hours I have spent with the game, I have enjoyed alot. so yeah, there is going to be alot of tactical RPG goodness on PSP this fall, so im just gettin warmed up (although Disgaea and Lions War are ports)</div>
    I'm especially interested in the changes made to Disgaea, since they've improved heavily upon the original game, and also added in a whole new story mode featuring Etna.

About Jeanne D'Arc though... how's the soundtrack? I couldn't really grasp much ot it from the demo.
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Edit for double post

• WindWind Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Blue Dragon. I got up this morning and played Blue Dragon for 2 hours. I spent most of that time leveling up skills and trying to increase my funds. I plan on playing again later today.

Final Fantasy VI on the GBA. Once again just leveling up some of the charcters I don't use all that much. I'm almost ready for the final assault on Kefka's tower and I would like to have a well balanced party instead of sticking to my usual strategy of using 4 super strong characters and having everyone else dangerously under-leveled.
  • BrittonBritton Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    A bunch of Overlord, a bit of Blue Dragon.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Fire Emblem 7. ...I FINALLY got past Chapter 20. Yay for me.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Blue Dragon, bout 14 hours into it and I'm really liking it.

Before the game was released there were a few bad reviews from Gamespot and 1UP, so I was wary when I purchased it. I'd feared it was going to be underwhelmingly generic but I'm finding it to be extremely polished and enjoyable so far. Quite a surprise for me, especially considering I hated the demo.

I can see the same crowd who really dug DQVIII to be enamored with Blue Dragon or anybody longing for some of the older-FF appeal. Also, while I did not love the character/art style of the whole game at first glance, it really does look great in motion and I'm even starting to favor the art style.

• Arcadian PhoenixArcadian Phoenix Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I finally forked over the money for a PSP the other day, and I've been indulging myself in mass quantities of Spectral Souls. So far, it's proven to be a really fun SRPG. I'm not too far into it, so I can't pass judgment on the story quite yet, but it seems to be progressing fairly well. The gameplay is what has me hooked, though. If it weren't for all the loading issues (we're talking 15 seconds just to walk into a shop!), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Alas, I can safely say those with the patience of a brick are probably the only ones who will enjoy it.
    edited September 2007
    Dood...you bought a PSP a week before they're going to become obsolete.

I've been playing Disgaea 2, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Jeanne D'Arc, and Etrian Odyssey.

The mission I'm stuck on in Jeanne D'Arc has me protecting the Dauphin on his way into a cathedral. It's super hard, because you don't control the Dauphin. He just wanders down the battlefield at his own pace, and if you don't clear the path ahead of him, he'll walk right into his death. Today he marched right up to an enemy soldier and stopped in the square directly in front of him.

"Hello, I'm the Dauphin of France, and you are an enormous armored Englishman. I have 70 HP, and one of your hits will deal at least 120 damage. I have decided to stand here because I'm a complete moron and should by no means control France; my enemy, Henry King of England, is a million times more intelligent than me, even though he's a six-year-old boy and is possessed by evil spirits. In short, I'm so idiotic that I have no right laying claim to the throne anyway, so here I am, ready to be stabbed in the face by you while my powerfully-leveled army rushes to catch up to me."
    edited September 2007
    That'll teach that wuss to depend on a young girl to secure his throne.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Just finished Wild ARMs 4, gonna get started on Wild ARMs 5
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Odin Sphere and Persona 3. Yay!
    edited September 2007
    Almost finished re-playing Tales of the Abyss, and I'm up to Phase 2 on my new Ar tonelico run. I pick up Brave Story whenever I'm not home.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Dynasty Warriors DS (not very good at all, actually) and Rune Factory. Also 1 of the 3 Aterlier Iris games, though I'm not sure which one. In the next Month I will be playing Paper Mario, My Sims and Warriors Orochi!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Gazette-xDGazette-xD New Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Just started my Tales Of Eternia since I just got a Psp here slim line here 4 days ago xD But I also own the orginal Tales Of Destiny 2 so it's just because I love the game so much that I have to go through it once again ^^

Oh yeah and also Valkyrie Profile 2, the graphics is...Stunning <3
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited September 2007
    About to finish up Dragon Quest VIII finally. It's been in my back log forever. Almost to the Black Citadel now. Really, I'm not quite sure what the big deal is about this game. Maybe I'm spoiled but the story seems a little lackluster. Frankly I really liked <span class="spoiler">Dhoulmagus as Rhapthorne, and I thought he almost approached Kefka in terms of badass bad guy. I was a little disappointed when I killed him so easily.</span> The gameplay is great though, I find it refreshingly challenging and strangely addicting. That's probably what has kept me playing. After I'm done here I'll probably go buy Wild Arms V.