If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• First FrogFirst Frog Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Oblivion
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Saitou @ Jun. 23 2006,11:18)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Just finished Suikoden V, and, due to the lack of any decent RPGs released this century, about to play through Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Suikoden I or Suikoden II. Still haven't decided... ?rock.gif</div>
    Suikoden. Then Suikoden II.

Knight has spoken, and God approves.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I have Dark Cloud 2 sitting on my shelf, unopened. I think i will play that next after I finish Jax and Dexter.
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Just finished Suikoden V, and, due to the lack of any decent RPGs released this century, about to play through Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Suikoden I or Suikoden II. Still haven't decided...</div>

Personally, I'd tackle Suikoden II and follow it up with a little Final Fantasy VIII.

That sounds like fun, actually. It's gotta be more fun than Legend of Heroes 2. To be fair, though, LoH2 is considerably better than the first one.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    No, play the first Suikoden first. It's a great game on it's own (and even if you don't like it, it's 15 hours long a very easy), and it makes what is already one of the best RPGs ever even better by you already being familiar with a lot of the characters, as well as their backgrounds and relations to other characters and events in the first game. Also, if you load S1's data when you start S2, you unlock the single best sidequest/bonus character of all time.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Fallout. And lots of it.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Slayer! Brother! Good choice!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • FalorFalor Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Just beat Knights of the Old Republic for the first time, and am now obligated to play KOTOR 2 again...
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Finished Jak and Dexter: The Precursor Legacy (after a small gaming hiatus). Easier than I thought, but I enjoyed it a lot. I wish that more games were as funny and thought-out as this game was.

Now Playing Dark Cloud 2!
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Jun. 24 2006,16:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Fallout. And lots of it.</div>
    The cult spreads... >.>

In RPGing, wrapping up a trip through Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion + metric ***load of mods. It is my experience that Haste is the premier game-breaking spell. Pondering a replay of Fallout Tactics, as I recently finished 1 and 2 myself. I submit that any game with a driveable tank can't be all bad <3

Elsewhere, finished up Far Cry, forgot just how unfair some of its fights are. Currently on the Zero Hour expansion for C&C Generals - or, as I call it, Warcraft 3 minus the suck. There is something deeply satisfying about launching a volley of scud missiles, a nuclear strike, and a blast from an orbital ion cannon (with which I carved a flaming Z into what was left of the base) all at the same time.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Karlinn @ Jun. 25 2006,10:14)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Slayer of God @ Jun. 24 2006,16:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Fallout. And lots of it.</div>
    The cult spreads... >.>

In RPGing, wrapping up a trip through Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion + metric ***load of mods. It is my experience that Haste is the premier game-breaking spell. Pondering a replay of Fallout Tactics, as I recently finished 1 and 2 myself. I submit that any game with a driveable tank can't be all bad <3

Elsewhere, finished up Far Cry, forgot just how unfair some of its fights are. Currently on the Zero Hour expansion for C&C Generals - or, as I call it, Warcraft 3 minus the suck. There is something deeply satisfying about launching a volley of scud missiles, a nuclear strike, and a blast from an orbital ion cannon (with which I carved a flaming Z into what was left of the base) all at the same time.</div>
    You, sir, are a genius.

I used to play Generals with 7 friends all the time. We got so good that it took almost 3 hours matches to kill of just 2 guys.

Excessive Rising Force Online. AFK mining while studying for exams is addicting in and in itself.
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Falor @ Jun. 24 2006,12:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Just beat Knights of the Old Republic for the first time, and am now obligated to play KOTOR 2 again...</div>
    I'll grab the alcohol to help you forget it when you're done.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Time LordTime Lord Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    tiger woods 06 and makai kingdom...
    The Greatest Lesson To Be Learned Has Yet To Be Taught
    edited June 2006
    I spoke too soon about the lack of typos in Legend of Heroes 2. The first LOH was riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes. For awhile, I thought LOH2 had eliminated this little issue. Unfortunately, the typos came back with a vengeance around mid-Menarth. Now I can only bring myself to play the game in little spurts.

• FalorFalor Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Davis @ Jun. 25 2006,10:49)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Falor @ Jun. 24 2006,12:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Just beat Knights of the Old Republic for the first time, and am now obligated to play KOTOR 2 again...</div>
    I'll grab the alcohol to help you forget it when you're done.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis</div>
    Thats allright, I find the game to be much more tolerable if I'm drunk while playing it...why wait til after.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Karlinn @ Jun. 25 2006,02:14)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    The cult spreads... >.>

In RPGing, wrapping up a trip through Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion + metric ***load of mods. ?It is my experience that Haste is the premier game-breaking spell. ?</div>
    Haste is a neat little spell. Right up there with Cloudkill and Delayed Blast Fireball. In fact, if it were socially acceptable and physically possible I would marry Cloudkill and have little Cloudkill babies. I love it just that much.

Speaking of, I just started new Icewind Dale and BG II games. I actually managed to play something other than a fighter class in BG. Color me shocked.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • friscodudefriscodude New Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    On God of War: Atlas' Challenge thing.
    On SMT: DDS 2: At the airport
    On Suikoden 3: Geddoe's Chp. 3
    On PDZ: 3rd level XD

I have saves on some other games, but Im not actually playing those right now =P
  • GeekyDadGeekyDad Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I'm currently playing a game that was panned by most critics (including the reviewer for RPGamer), Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal (did my avatar give it away? ?tounge.gif ?). I had a hunch that, despite the response the game was receiving from most reviewers, it was a game that might be something I would enjoy. I am pleased to report that I was right. It is a highly addictive dungeon crawler with a few minor flaws. The story, though perhaps scant and generic, does the job; and overall the game is kind of the perfect RPG on the go.

(Don't hurt me!)
    edited July 2006
    Well... I hope Tao's Adventure is at least better than Legend of Heroes 2, which I have recently decided to kick to the curb. Fire Emblem for GBA is the perfect "game on the go" for me. The current handheld systems haven't really delivered.

Anyway, I'm playing Atelier Iris 2 next.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Fallout 2. And lots of it.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • GeekyDadGeekyDad Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (SorenLovesIke @ Jun. 30 2006,22:38)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">...The current handheld systems haven't really delivered...</div>
    Yeah, I think the DS is just now coming into its own with respect to RPGs. We've got quite a few promising titles all coming out within about 6 months of each other.

It's my hope that we'll see Tales of the Tempest for the DS in the States...

But I needed something to tide me over `til some of these other titles come out, so I took a chance with Tao's. So glad I did.
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Having finally beaten the original Mega Man games in the A. Collection, I've decided to actually play X Command Mission, which I got distracted from last time I played it.

*waits for people to call him crazy*
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I thought being crazy was a good thing?

Still haven't touched an RPG in about a month, but that's mostly because 1) gf is keeping me busy, and 2) nothing interesting has really come out, and I don't own anything I haven't played to death.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"> gf is keeping me busy</div>
    *winkwinknudgenudge*

Anywho, I'm almost through Suikoden V which I have enjoyed quite a bit. Not sure what I'm gonna play next, but Disgaea 2 is nearing ever closer and I can't wait!

• PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I popped in Suikoden II yesterday for a while. I'm at the bit where Muse falls and the big "betrayal" goes down. Haven't played this game in a few years and it's very easy to just pick up and go with it. Much fun.
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Jun. 30 2006,17:14)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Fallout 2. And lots of it.</div>
    I'd give you +5 awesome but you can't add anything to infinity. ghostface.gif

Also, Solon you sly dog.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (Plug @ Jul. 02 2006,11:16)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I popped in Suikoden II yesterday for a while. I'm at the bit where Muse falls and the big "betrayal" goes down. Haven't played this game in a few years and it's very easy to just pick up and go with it. Much fun.</div>
    Remember kids, childhood friends can be turned against you and everything you were previously fighting for after an afternoon in captivity, even if said enemies were going to butcher you from the start. Don't trust your friends!

Just did another runthrough of Bloodlines, as the fan patch is now up to 2.5. Ventrue are maestros of badassery <3

Currently waiting on a new rig before starting anything graphics-intensive, I know people who knows people who say they can get a nice machine for cheap, trouble is they're out of the country at the moment. Go figure ;_; In the meantime, Ship Cabin Mod-enhanced Arcanum shall suffice nicely. There are some games I just don't get tired of playing ^^

• Sword_of_SwordsSword_of_Swords Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    After getting the Dragovian armor set and beating the game for the other ending, I decided to start a new file. But, this file, I'll use fisticuffs for the hero, bows for Angelo, and scythes for Yangus. Maybe I'll keep staves for Jessica, maybe not. Oh the choices.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Just got my castle in Suikoden II. You know it's kind of amazing this game survives as well as it does with its utterly horrible localization. I think there's at least one?if not more?grammatical errors in every single dialogue box. Plus the obscene overuse of exclamation points is kind of amusing. I guess that's just testament to how good it really is: even a botched translation job can't obscure the quality of the writing. In a lot of ways SII epitomizes everything that is good about RPGs. Just... really, shame about the translation.
  • CerickCerick Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I've never had much luck with Suikoden II, my game tends to freeze at a particular inn which I cannot remember the name of at this time. Might be my copy of the game, but I take exceptional care of my games.

At this moment though, I've been trying to start through Breath of Fire IV for the first time since the whole 2 weeks I spent on it when it originally came out. If I remember right, I stopped at some desert area that I had to do some weird stuff or I was lost in the Desert, similar to BoF III, but more annoying..