If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Picked up my stealth camo run of MGS3.

I forgot just how much fun you could have with little stuff in this game. Blowing up the enemy food storage and then throwing out poisoned food for the soldiers to eat is endlessly entertaining.

"Wow, Food! Munchies! ACK!"

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I sat down at midnight to play an hour of Growlanser before bed. It's 3:30 now and I just stopped playing.

I haven't had a game make me lose track of time like that for a bit.

• NaphtaliNaphtali New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Playing Bumpy Trot (or by it's more culturally correct name Steambot Chronicles) and it was a good purchase. This is like one of the only japanese "sandbox" type titles out there. Kinda like Grand Theft Auto, just not so much raping. A cross between Megaman Legends (<3) and Shenmue if you will.

Anyways, it's refreshing to finally dip my feet in a semi-non linear experience and at the same time scratch my japanese mecha itch. Unlike many game cities that seem sterial and lifeless, the towns in Steambot are alive with lights, pedestrians, and a real traffic system with traffic lights and everything. Besides, with Working Designs now gone I gotta support Atlus' bringing quirky, charming titles like this to America.
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Kinda like Grand Theft Auto, just not so much raping.</div>

laugh.gif That made me laugh.

Anyway, I think I'm going to replay Suikoden III, since I have nothing else to do until the end of August.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Currently I'm re-playing Growlanser 2 and Steel Battalion.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I just, just beat Prey a few days ago. Six hours. One sitting. Too damned easy.

Currently, I'm engrossed in all things Chromehounds. Playing the game is pretty fun, but it's saddled by imbalance (Sal Kar can melee anything to death in short order) and inconsistant server performance.

I'm also replaying Armored Core 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I am currently playing nothing.

I am bored.

I have no new games to play.

Please direct me to September 2006 kthxbai.
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Currently playing Ouendan and Mega Man X: Command Mission (with a dash of Robotech: Battlecry on the side).
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I'm playing Shining Force II one the Gba and Suikden III. Tried to play some Call of Duty 2 as well...
  • friscodudefriscodude New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Trying to finish up Digital Devil Saga 2. On the last dungeon, working on getting lotsa mantras for my party. It's quite easy once you're able to exploit any enemy's weakness in a given area. smile.gif
  • megamitenseimegamitensei New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    hi guys!!!! after completed valkyrie profile 2 it's time for me to playing persona 3 and xenosaga 3....wounderfull games!!!!

waiting for tales of destiny remake... sad.gif
  • DuranteDurante Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I've been playing Tales of Eternia on my PSP all day, and will continue to do so shortly. Just wanted to drop in and say that this is by far the best PSP RPG - remake or not - I've played so far. Loading times are nonexistent, the graphics improvements are tangible and the english voice acting is actually bearable. (If you know my opinion on dubbing, that's saying a lot)

From the Deeko review: <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">There isn't a modicum of doubt in my mind that this is the best RPG on the PSP, and looking at the release schedule for the next 6 months, it will remain the best for a long, long time.</div>
  • Albedo_2k5Albedo_2k5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I started playing Golden Sun on my DS-Lite.

I'm heading over to Tolbi by ship. And I must admit the random battle engine is great, unlike the random encounters in Skies of Aracadia (an amazing game, though). ^_^
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Am I the only one who thought Golden Sun was mind-numbingly boring? I always read praise for that game, and it leaves me scratching my head. rock.gif
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Am I the only one who thought Golden Sun was mind-numbingly boring? I always read praise for that game, and it leaves me scratching my head.</div>

Nah, I'm in the same boat. I got all excited for it and played for about 8(?) hours before I just got fed up with it.

Anywho, currently playing Onimusha: DoD and it is super awesome. Far better then any of the other ones. I have always enjoyed the Onimusha series but this one rocks the rest. Highly reccomended for anyone who likes DMC like action games.

edited July 2006
    Too bad the ending is... well I'll decline to say. biggrin.gif
  • thinkfreemindthinkfreemind Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I have started Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. I am 25 hours into the game so far, and I love it. I can't believe I let it sit on my shelf for so long. This is just the jump start I needed to find my groove again, and help break me out of the funk I was stuck in for a while. Veola is awesome!

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    It's a nice game, yeah. Just wait until you start playing its sequel though. It's an improved version of EM in every way (except storywise, IMO).

Still not playing much on any of my consoles, aside from a little Mario Kart DS or Children of Mana.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Too bad the ending is... well I'll decline to say</div>

Ahhh, evil Meo!!! Stop your malicious slander! >.<

I keed, do you mean gameplay or story wise? Story wise I can completely understand.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    More Romancing SaGa. Heading into Twinmoon Temple for the Moonstone to heal that Emperor guy so I can get my hands on that killer fencing sword thing. Also I'm running around leveling up my proficiencies so I can get to more of those hidden treasure chest deals since I'm amassing as much cash as I can so I can do that whole Ice Sword quest. I think I'm going to kill Galahad when I do that part so my Saruin affinity goes up enough so I can head into the Netherworld at the end.

This game is just awesome. I'm heavily considering it for my favorite RPG of the 128-bit era. It does lack a cohesive and linear narrative, but I like games with fractal experiences like that. Legend of Mana still remains my favorite RPG of all time, in many ways simply because of how the story was told. Yeah. Lots of fun with this title so far.
  • MorridorMorridor Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I'm playing Shadow Hearts 1 right now. That and Mario Kart DS on Wifi every once in a while when I have the time.

Danny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Actually playing a bit of Dawn of Sorrow today, Julius mode. I'm beginning to like him even more than Soma.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (Daemon Sadi @ Jul. 22 2006,16:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"> <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Too bad the ending is... well I'll decline to say</div>

Ahhh, evil Meo!!! Stop your malicious slander! >.<

I keed, do you mean gameplay or story wise? Story wise I can completely understand.</div>
    Story wise. It's just.... well I don't get what made "Blue" do what he did. You know who "Blue" is I assume. And the final boss is kinda....

To say anything more is spoilery. tounge.gif
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I got the Atari Classics game for the DS. 10 old Atari games on one cartridge. While some of them are a little lame (read: Breakout, Lunar Lander), it's totally worth it to play Asteroids, Missile Command, and Centipede.

The multiplayer functions need multiple game cards, though, which is complete asshattery.
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Story wise. It's just.... well I don't get what made "Blue" do what he did. You know who "Blue" is I assume. And the final boss is kinda....

To say anything more is spoilery. </div>

Yea now that I beat it I understand what you were talking about. I was hoping that something would happen where he errrr... didn't we used to have spoiler tags? Blah I guess I can't finish what I was typing. Anywho, I also kinda wish they explained the hinted relationship between Ohatsu and Roberto...

Oh, and currently playing- Stepmania!!!!!

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Star Ocean 3. Floor 150 in the sealed Sphere floors. Completed the Urssa(sp?) Cave Temple.

Oi on that last one.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • FinchFinch Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. Akward at times and feels dated, but still fun enough that I'll finish it.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Even more Romancing Saga. My team is pretty badass now. I've started synthesizing some pretty cool spells like Galactic Rift and Crimson Flare and Rain of Life so it's fun watching those things get tossed around. Trying to do a lot of "The Pillar" vortexes to get up the Saruin affinity still. Killed Galahad for the Ice Sword.

Man I freaking love this game.
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Homeworld. Mission 14 - Bridge of Sighs.

100 Ion Cannon Frigates to kill/steal. whee~
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Just beaten Indalecio Limiter OFF in Star Ocean 2. cool.gif

Now attempting a playtrough of Phantasy Star 2 without Rudo. Now in the Biosystems Lab.