If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• FalorFalor Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Playing through Fable: The Lost Chapters for like the 5th time.... It is more of a weak substitute to any other ideas.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Still waiting for my ebay-bought copy of Ogrebattle. Bloody US customs... ghostface.gif
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Still waiting for my ebay-bought copy of Ogrebattle. Bloody US customs...</div>

Sorry about that. ...heh...

I understand what you mean, though. I do some game trading, and I've traded with a few Canadians. It always takes them longer to get my goods than it does for me to get my end. blush.gif
    edited June 2006
    What is really funny is that I bought something from Japan the same day, and it arrived within 5 days. This thing is 10 days and counting. ?rock.gif I wish customs would stop opening my game purchases and playing with them. tounge.gif

edited June 2006
    The last time I traded with someone from Canada, they told me to mark it as a "gift" with a value of about $20, and it seemed to get to them faster. If you deal with one of us yanks again, you might want to inform them of that! ?laugh.gif

Anyway, though it pains me to admit it, I didn't finish Chaos Legion. I hate leaving games unfinished, but that game just.. wasn't fun. I decided to play Radiata Stories again and side with the non-humans, which is something I've never done.

(What happened to spoiler tags? I would've liked to have hidden the non-human bit...)
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited June 2006
    The demo for NFL Head Coach, which is pretty sweet, even if it's like thirty seconds long.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Gouden Draak @ Jun. 13 2006,09:39)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Still waiting for my ebay-bought copy of Ogrebattle. Bloody US customs... ghostface.gif</div>
    You think that's bad? I had arranged a trade for "Terranigma" with this one Dutch fellow.

It was the week of 9/11.

You can guess I've still not seen my Terranigma. Good thing he agreed to ship first. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    No one else is allowed to complain about shipping times. If I don't pay $10 for shipping I'm lucky if anything gets here within a month. Not to mention I don't have the option of just going to a store and buying a game. sad.gif
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Oi! Happy I don't have to deal with games shipping too much... only ones I've ever gotten online were all from the states(which is where I am), DDS series, Tales of Destiny 2... and uhhhh... something else! But they never took long, lucky me!

But I just(about 30mins ago before I got distracted with Bleach) played through Rez for the first time and I must say, that final world is an experience that I am happy to have finally gone through. Almost time to break out Suikoden 5 and then the big wait for Disgaea 2 begins, wooooo!!!!
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Suikoden V
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I've been playing Tomb Raider: Legend, and I'm really impressed. I've always had a soft spot for this series ever since I played the first game on PC years ago, since I love these adventure-type games with interesting puzzles and ruins to explore and run around. This installment really seems to capture that so far. The music is just awesome, the graphics are beautiful, the controls are tight, etc. I might buy this one.
    edited June 2006
    yay, my shipped game is finally here!

Man... addictive as ever.... biggrin.gif
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Third runthrough of Alter Code: F. Partly because I love the gameplay(and the music), and mostly because I screwed up rebuilding Adlehyde.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited June 2006
    Second run through Suikoden V. I think I skipped about 1/3 of the content the first time around. That's a lot of sidequests...
    edited June 2006
    I just finished Radiata Stories (for the 2nd time) and I'm going to attempt to play Sigma Star Saga for GBA. I don't really have... high hopes. I'm not a big fan of shooters, and the gameplay looks like something from the Atari days.

But you never know. I didn't have high hopes for Wild Arms 4, but I enjoyed that a lot.
    edited June 2006
    Low expectations rarely lead to disappointment, SLI.

Five tons of Flax,
    Sagacious Zu Davis

edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Davis @ Jun. 19 2006,14:05)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Low expectations rarely lead to disappointment</div>
    *glances over at FM4*
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Still rare. ;)

Just the regular pracc as always for me still.. haven't touched a console in june. Weird.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (knightofhyrule @ Jun. 18 2006,15:34)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">*glances over at FM4*</div>
    Hence the rarely. smile.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • TriaTria Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    RPGs:

-Okage
    -Crystalis (NES Version..again)
    -Radiata Stories (again)
    -Star Ocean: The Second Story (again)
    -Valkyrie Profile (...again)
    -DragonView (yes...again)

Non-RPGs:

-New Super Mario Bros.
    -NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup
    -Timesplitters 1
    -Juiced
    -Pilotwings 64
    -Diddy Kong Racing

As people can tell, I pretty much like any game.=D Except puzzle games (I HATE Tetris).
    Recently Finished RPGs:

Resonance of Fate - 4.5/5
    Tales of Graces (Import) - 2/5
    Ys VII (Import) - 2.5/5
    Final Fantasy XIII - 3/5
    Nier - 1.5/5
  • Duke OtterlandDuke Otterland Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2006
    On the Final Episode of Disgaea, which is actually a lot better than I remember it; I might pick up its sequel after all.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Hmm i'll spare you the backlog that (To me at least) counts as "Still Playing". Drakengard 2, Xenosaga 2, Dragon Quest 8, Harvest Moon (For the PS). But i'm planing on finishing Grandia 2 'cause it has to go back to my friends soon!
    (Backlog equals 50+ games for SNES, GC, PS1, PS2, XBOX and PC)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Bought the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and am disappointed with it. Having never played Alpha 1 or 2, I'm not really missing much, from what Alpha 3 already offers.

My other gripe is that I want to play this online, but the ps2 has not had any of their fighting games (except for one of the Mortal Kombat games) online. I don't get it. Sony better get it right with the PS3.
    edited June 2006
    I got Legend of Heroes 2 today, and I quit Sigma Star Saga in favor of playing that instead. I don't know why, but I've never been able to play 2 games at once. Is anyone else like that?? For me, it's like trying to read two books at the same time. (I don't do that, either.)

As for LOH2, it looks like the typos are gone, but the translation's still lacking. People who played the Japanese version claim it's much better.
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Vampire Hunter V @ Jun. 20 2006,23:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Bought the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and am disappointed with it. Having never played Alpha 1 or 2, I'm not really missing much, from what Alpha 3 already offers.</div>
    At least you can play it! My copy and the copy of NFL Head Coach I picked up today are unplayable as my PS2 and PC are in thirty boxes (along with the rest of my life).

I was so desperate for something I could play that I got College Hoops 2K6 for 360. UCLA has a seventy-seven overall on defense. rock.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Davis @ Jun. 21 2006,18:57)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Vampire Hunter V @ Jun. 20 2006,23:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Bought the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and am disappointed with it. Having never played Alpha 1 or 2, I'm not really missing much, from what Alpha 3 already offers.</div>
    At least you can play it! My copy and the copy of NFL Head Coach I picked up today are unplayable as my PS2 and PC are in thirty boxes (along with the rest of my life).

I was so desperate for something I could play that I got College Hoops 2K6 for 360. UCLA has a seventy-seven overall on defense. rock.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis</div>
    How is College Hoops 2k6 for the 360? I played NBA 2k6 and I can tell that game was definitely rushed for the 360 launch.
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, it feels pretty rushed, especially with the inconsistent visuals. Visual Concepts really needs to get their QA back on track, NHL 2K5 had so many horrible bugs that would ruin my franchise file.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • shadow024shadow024 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Today, Im playing (RPG wise) The Legend of Heroes for PSP, the first one. I decided to play it again, since the new one came out yesterday.

Im playing Animal Crossing Wild World. If anyone has it we should WiFi! Im playing Harvest Moon AWL for GCN also.
  • JetEnduroJetEnduro Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Games I'm playing:

Dragon Quest VIII
    Wild Arms 4

Games I stopped playing so I could play those: ?tounge.gif

Beyond Good and Evil(I am sooo stuck on it!)
    Skies of Arcadia Legends
  • SaitouSaitou New Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Just finished Suikoden V, and, due to the lack of any decent RPGs released this century, about to play through Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Suikoden I or Suikoden II. Still haven't decided... rock.gif