If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Tribes Vengeance. Pretty mediocre stuff.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    AHHH! So I beat FEAR and am a bit scarred... it's OK though, but now I need help!

Suikoden V
    Front Mission 4
    Phantom Brave
    Resident Evil 4
    Onimusha 4
    Disgaea
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

Which one comes next? I really wanted to save Suikoden V for the start of summer but it looks so good... I was thinking of just going RE4 this weekend.. gah! HELP!
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    It's a really tough call between RE4 and MGS3. I'd go with RE4, but MGS3 has one of the best storylines in a video game to date, so your call.
  • Ihsans ShadeIhsans Shade Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I just started Digital Devil Saga. I' m loving it so far. I bought both titles from ebay for $70. A fair deal I must say.
    edited May 2006
    Mmmm yes DDS is quite sexy.

and Thank you Knight! I think I am gonna go with RE4 first because not only is that was I was leaning for but you just gave that a vote too, and then after that probably MGS.
    edited May 2006
    I live to serve.

I started Front Mission 4. Decent. Kinda makes me wish I still had Front Mission 3.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Finally got Prier's first title in La Pucelle last night. Exhausting really.

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    After plowing through the SH series, I've started another play through of Legend of Mana. I think this is about my thirtieth or something. Amazing I never get even close to sick of playing this game.
    edited May 2006
    I well over thirteen by now. Though it has been a really long time since I last played it...
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Currently playing Shadow Hearts 3. Thumbs up on Shania's transform sequences.
    edited May 2006
    Why do I love Skies of Arcadia so much? Random battles are too frequent and take too long, the plot and dialogue are generally pretty cheesy, everything you can ever control move infuriatingly slowly...and yet I'm on my fourth run through the game and I still play it in 5-10 hour sittings.

So, Skies the fourth time proved more interesting than FM4 the first time. And next week I'll have Suikoden V, so it looks like FM4 is going away for a while.
    edited May 2006
    RE4 = dead

Now I'm playing MGS3 which I'm decently far into. The next question would be what comes after MGS3? Onimusha: DoD maybe? Or do I start up good ol' Suikoden 5? hmmm...
    edited May 2006
    I'd stay away from Onimusha if I were you...
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Having finally beaten Oblivion (a little over 140 hours), I'm starting up SuikoV. In the non-RPG front, I got Tomb Raider Legend and have been blazing through it at a decent pace. I'm also playing the original MSX Metal Gear, which was included in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited May 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I'd stay away from Onimusha if I were you... [/QUOTE]

Really? I heard it was pretty good. Have you played it? What's wrong with it? I must know!

Note: MGS3 is soooo awesome.... so very very awesome.... *drools*
    edited May 2006
    I haven't played it, so I can't say for sure. But I know I hated 2 and 3 was pretty average, and the reviews I read for DoD make me not want to go anywhere near it. Probably not a steaming pile, but with all the masterpieces out there, why settle for mediocrity?
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I re-subscribed to EVE Online. Not liking it as much as I did before. Not sure my account will last more than the included month.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Still playing Digital Devil Saga 2...I'm at the end but I haven't pushed myself to beat it yet since I've been busy.
    edited June 2006
    Started Suikoden V today. I'm in...actually, I forgot the name of the town. Really boring so far. Not like I've got anything better to do, though.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Evening all. I am currently playing Dragon Quest VIII, a game I simply adore, and only that. Why? Because I have a tendency to play five RPGs all at once, and I lag behind... something I wish to now change. They say that the mind is willing but the flesh is weak... or something like that. Perfect phrase for my gaming habits. ::sighs::

-Greg in Philly
  • Reid HershelReid Hershel Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    At the moment Breath of Fire 3, and also Chrono Cross for PS1. After all these years, I'm still trying to get all the endings.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(knightofhyrule @ Jun. 01 2006,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Started Suikoden V today. I'm in...actually, I forgot the name of the town. Really boring so far. Not like I've got anything better to do, though.[/QUOTE]
    The game's actually tedious the first 5 hours or so. The game after that point will make you wonder why they bothered to make Suikoden IV in the first place. smile3.png
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited June 2006
    Just Riviera today as I finished Earthbound some time. After seeing Fia's and Serene's endings, I'm trying for Lina's next.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Kit cloudKit cloud Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    How so, Suikoden IV is kinda blah, but it isn't that bad.
    ...My two cents...
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Monster Hunter on the PS2. Horrible, horrible camera.
    edited June 2006
    Wrong, Suikoden IV is crap. I'm pretty dissapointed with V, too, after the hyping up some people have been giving it, but it is a good game. But five hours, Meo? No, just because the storyline started to move doesn't mean the game really became fun for more than an hour or so at that point. It didn't really pick up, I don't think, until about 20 hours in. The pacing is absolute bullcrap overall.

Issues aside, it is in a different league from the last two games. I'm about 30 hours in now and quite enjoying myself. Still, it's just stupid that so much basic, should be easy to fix gameplay stuff is so broken compared to the second game in the series. They set the bar years ago and still haven't lived up to it. I'm not going to give Konami a pat on the back for finally making a decent entry to the series when really, this should be the bare minimum and they should've been able to top Suikoden II by now. This series has tons of potential- now would be a good time to utilize it, Konami.
    edited June 2006
    Ack Knight!!! Shattering my hopes for my beginning of summer RPG! T.T

Oh well.... considering that my current goal is to beat Disgaea... and everytime I touch that game I just start leveling characters and getting nowhere, it will be a miracle if I play Suikoden 5 within the next 16 years...
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Ah, well... I liked Suikoden V a lot. It's not quite on par with II, but it's close.

And I'm one of the weirdos who enjoyed Suikoden III immensely. I still don't understand why it's so hated.
    edited June 2006
    Mostly the vastly crapified battle system and the worst pacing of any video game ever. The story falls apart at the end, too, when all the main characters become completely interchangeable. Guess I'll stop there.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    The story of Suiko3 could have been good by the end, if it wasn't almosy so blatantly obvious who the Fire Champion should be, yet you're still given the choice to screw with it by making your own choice.

Plus they managed to go nowhere with (as I've said before) the biggest plot twist in any Suikoden game. Just sad.