If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• LateralusLateralus Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I'm currently playing Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. I'm really enjoying the battle system, but the voice acting is killing me.
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I am playing WAAAaaay too much at once.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Animal Crossing: Wild World, PoPoLoCrois, Digital Devil Saga 2, Magna Carta (sorta...), and there's a nagging little voice in the back of my head that wants me to start my first game of FFVII in two or three years...
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Don't listen to it!
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Played Magical Pop'n today.

Woah.

=P

Dracos
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Wild ARMs IV. It's giving me the same pleasant feeling WA3 gave me. I like it a lot, I even accepted Jude almost instantly, despite being a little kid.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited January 2006
    MegaMan X Collection

< /tears of joy>

edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Jan. 15 2006,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"MegaMan X Collection

< /tears of joy>[/QUOTE]
    I wish I had money...
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Fatal Frame III - Hour V
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited January 2006
    I played through RE4 in one sitting yesterday. Chicago typewriter makes it happen.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Dragon Quest VIII. Yay, I finally started. I can tell it's going to take me a long time to beat it, though. I got so engrossed in the experience that when I went to shut it off, I blinked and said, "Hey, I just got to the second town of the game and I've already clocked five hours. Holy Tolito."

The game almost feels laid back so far, and I really dig that.
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(knightofhyrule @ Jan. 15 2006,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I played through RE4 in one sitting yesterday. Chicago typewriter makes it happen.[/QUOTE]
    I can't even count the amount of times I've finished the various Biohazard titles in one sitting. I finished 4 in two sittings with my friend's special challenge he put together for me:

Proffessional diff, Not allowed to upgrade any weapons at any time, Not allowed to finish off Las Plagas with Flash Grenades, No Tactical Vest, No Bonus weapons, Not allowed to increase health through yellow herbs at any time, Not allowed to use FA Sprays.

More WA4 today.
    edited January 2006
    Dragon View.

Yeah, that game =P

Dracos
    Some called it Drakkhan 2.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    well this isn't exactly about what I am playing at the present. Although I have done EQ, NWN, Morrowwind, etc...This is more about finding a RPG with the features I want:
    First person
    Multi/Single player
    Doesn't require the net, playable over LAN
    and without being to picky I would love it to have some real creature building qualities, such as the skill building in EQ or NWN
    Basically my girlfriend and I both have computers networked together and want to enjoy an RPG together. I much prefer first person and of course she wants the crafting ablities. Any suggestions, Thanks.
    edited January 2006
    This is going to sound insane but...off the top of my head, I would suggest running a private Ragnarok Onlinee server and tweaking it a bit to fit what you want. Not sure if they're still legal to run, though I see them being made all the time for small group games and with the owner in a different continent than most of us, it's not a huge concern.

I've not set one up, so I can't really walk you through it, but I'm certain there's a few guides on putting it together online and you could restrict it to just your MMO.

hmm, it isn't first person though. Can't think of one that is though since first person RPGs and particularly first person multiplayer RPGs have been in sharp decline since the mid eighties.

Dracos
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    well I like the choice of first person and 3rd person. Alot of games allow for the choice. Especially in shooter games, like the rainbow six bunch. They offer 1st, 3rd, and replay. I like alot of different views, but the most important to me is to feel l am looking thru the characters eyes. Gives me a "more real" experience. I think thats the entire idea too. Take the player out of thier reality and emerese them into the games fantasy land for however long the player can make it, hehe.

• MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Dracos @ Jan. 15 2006,17:39)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"This is going to sound insane but...off the top of my head, I would suggest running a private Ragnarok Onlinee server and tweaking it a bit to fit what you want. Not sure if they're still legal to run, though I see them being made all the time for small group games and with the owner in a different continent than most of us, it's not a huge concern.

I've not set one up, so I can't really walk you through it, but I'm certain there's a few guides on putting it together online and you could restrict it to just your MMO.

hmm, it isn't first person though. Can't think of one that is though since first person RPGs and particularly first person multiplayer RPGs have been in sharp decline since the mid eighties.

Dracos[/QUOTE]
    I actually know how to set up RO private servers.

Discussing it here would be illegal, of course. smile22.png
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Playing Radiata Stories. Really fun game. smile1.png

Got to the end of Xenosaga episode II but the game crashes after I defeat the last boss "<span class="spoiler">Albedo</span>". Can someone spoil me on what happens?
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Max_Deltree @ Jan. 16 2006,03:26)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Playing Radiata Stories. Really fun game. smile1.png

Got to the end of Xenosaga episode II but the game crashes after I defeat the last boss "<span class="spoiler">Albedo</span>". Can someone spoil me on what happens?[/QUOTE]
    "<span class="spoiler">He dies and gets taken up by winged kirshwassers, and you finally get to understand his fascination with death.

The Zohar gets freed but apparently gets taken by a huge ship manned by people named after the Apostles.

A dialogue begins between chaos (Yeshua) and the big boss of the company that looks like him. chaos talks about siding with humanity.

Jin Uzuki leaves to learn more about the Zohar, leaving behind his sister to continue her work.

MOMO returns to her mother. Jr. heads the foundation. I'm not sure what happened to Negrido.</span>"

What happens in the epilogue I won't say, or course. smile24.png
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeoTwister5 @ Jan. 15 2006,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"What happens in the epilogue I won't say, or course. smile24.png[/QUOTE]
    Why? smile6.png

Thanks for all this, by the way. smile23.png
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
    edited January 2006
    Because it's so damn convoluted and pseudo-metaphysical it makes my Ph102 head hurt. smile19.png
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Yota2006 @ Jan. 15 2006,13:42)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"well I like the choice of first person and 3rd person. Alot of games allow for the choice. Especially in shooter games, like the rainbow six bunch. They offer 1st, 3rd, and replay. I like alot of different views, but the most important to me is to feel l am looking thru the characters eyes. Gives me a "more real" experience. I think thats the entire idea too. Take the player out of thier reality and emerese them into the games fantasy land for however long the player can make it, hehe.[/QUOTE]
    There are a lot of games that offer that choice. But none of them fit your other critereon even remotely as far as I'm aware. first person and RPGs are a very rare combination, especially perpetual first person RPGs that don't just mix it. They were popular in the mid-late eighties, but after that? They've been in very strong decline decades.

Dracos
    edited January 2006
    Been having fun with DQVIII, but my TV died yesterday and I haven't even recruited Jessica yet. Sob. And here I was all looking forward to contributing to that other thread in an on-topic manner. Grr.

So, um, back to WoW.
    edited January 2006
    Your TV died and you're still.....sane?

Haven't played much this week because of my exam. Off until monday now though, so I'm back with WA4.
  • Urban SketchUrban Sketch New Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I'm getting towards the end in Dragon Quest VIII right now. Just learned Gigagash, found the Conquerer's Axe and created the Liquid Metal Sword. Going to level up some more and go item hunting, then I'll probably finish the game.
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Jan. 19 2006,03:15)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Your TV died and you're still.....sane?[/QUOTE]
    Stop implying I once possessed sanity. It only makes reality all the more painful. ;)

Although I am feeling something of a withdrawal. I can't play any console games or watch any of my DVDs, so I'm probably going to start freaking out if I don't do something soon. I have this really eerie desire to play FFIX all of a sudden, and being unable makes for a sad Plug.
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    can't...beat...shin megami...tensei: nocturne..urrrRHWW!!!
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Suikoden tonight, methinks. It has been one of those days, and nothing beats a quick tour of the fishing villages around Lake Toran for mind-numbing relaxation.
    edited January 2006
    Mining in RF Online while I rampage through Wild Arms 4.

Multitasking at its best.
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    RF:Online? When did that come out o.O

Anywho I've been playing SMT: Nocturne, shouldn't have too much left to do, but I plan on grabbing both neutral and true demon endings on this playthrough so shall be a bit longer then I may have originally planned ^^
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Dracos @ Jan. 16 2006,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Yota2006 @ Jan. 15 2006,13:42)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"well I like the choice of first person and 3rd person. Alot of games allow for the choice. Especially in shooter games, like the rainbow six bunch. They offer 1st, 3rd, and replay. I like alot of different views, but the most important to me is to feel l am looking thru the characters eyes. Gives me a "more real" experience. I think thats the entire idea too. Take the player out of thier reality and emerese them into the games fantasy land for however long the player can make it, hehe.[/QUOTE]
    There are a lot of games that offer that choice. But none of them fit your other critereon even remotely as far as I'm aware. first person and RPGs are a very rare combination, especially perpetual first person RPGs that don't just mix it. They were popular in the mid-late eighties, but after that? They've been in very strong decline decades.

Dracos[/QUOTE]
    Sadly I have to agree. The only first-person RPGs I've ever liked are the King's Field series and Deus Ex: The Conspiracy (Invisible War is not an RPG). It's a shame too, since RPGs would fit so well in the first person.

EDIT: FOrgot to mention Morrowind. I loved that game. Can't wait for Oblivion.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.