If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Wild ARMs 4 - Illsveil

Turned out better than I expected.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Home for Mom Day so it's Breakdown and Jet Set Radio Future time.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Well, I was playing Atelier Iris 2 and Shadow Hearts 3, then moved on to the SNES and Genesis Shadowrun games, and now I'll be moving onto whatever I threw in my duffle bag for my two week sabbatical before summer school begins. I think I tossed Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and Drakengard 2 in there, neither of which I have finished, but nonetheless enjoy. I might take another stab at Devil Kings, as well. Slaying hundreds of people on end is just so...rewarding (Heavenly Sword, I'm waiting for you...).
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Kingdom Hearts II
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    my friend lent me his collection so im debating what to play sadly.
    SMT DDS 1, 2, Nocturne
    Kingdom Hearts 1,2
    Shadow Hearts 1,2, 3. (just finished 3)
    Wild Arms 4, Alter Code F.
    FF 12 Jap
    Suikoden 5, Tactics
    Dragon Quest 8 (Zzzzz)
    Magna Carta

And thats just the RPGs. I really have no idea what to go with. I tried DDs1 but it slowed down hard to me.
    KH2 seems to kiddy, but I somewhat want to keep going.
    SH seems good, but hard to go from the new mechanics and gfx of 3 to an earlier.
    Wild Arms I aint played since 1.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Easy. Go with SMT3.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I beat Suikoden last night and I'm about to start Suikoden II. I've never played it before (though I've watched my fiancee go through it) despite owning it since 2000 or 2001. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to it.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    On PC: Chrono Trigger (excellent game)

On PS2: Suikoden (trying to get all 108 stars with help from a FAQ)
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I remember about last year when I opted to replay FF3 on an emu.
    And found out Sabins blitzes are mostly based on his magic skill.
    made sure every lvl up he had a permanent +to mag power esper on.
    And sure enough, at one point people were attacking for 500-1000 and hes blitzin for 5-9k
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Working on my first playthrough of Suikoden 5. Just finished the seige of Doraat.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I played Pokemon Red for the first time in at least five years today.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    After having a bit of a break from console RPG's for a week or so, I ended up playing Atelier IRIS 2 for 13 hours today. Good feeling.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Kit cloudKit cloud Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Oblivian, we got X box 360 for my dads retiremant and I've played it every chance I get since. I'm also trying to play Suikoden IV on the side but it's kinda fallen to the way side.
    ...My two cents...
  • ZieoZieo New Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    As of 2 days ago, finished FFVIII again...

Have DQ8 at home... Waiting for roomate to finish it +1month or so, so it\'s semi-new.
    I actually need a segestion... Preferable something downloadable on a rom, or a cheap game (that\'s findable) for GC, PS1, PS2, N64, or SNES.
    Playing SSB:Melee right now... But need an RPG fix.
    edited May 2006
    Two words...Paper and Mario. As for the Playstations there's always Suikoden in some way shape or form.
    ...My two cents...
  • ZieoZieo New Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Great idea.... Surprisingly, I havn\'t played Suikoden (any of them) yet... So maybe they can keep me occupied for the next 3 or 4 months. smile6.png
    edited May 2006
    Oh ya, it took me five years and 300 hrs to beat 3. Of coarse I spent time to get everyone and level them up.
    ...My two cents...
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Finally beat DDS2, so now it's time to go into overdrive and make a big ol' dent in my backlog. ?I have Memorial Day weekend coming up so that should help me out quite a bit. But let's see the list is huge so I'll spare you all but those in the immediate future:

FEAR (pretty far in this already)
    Resident Evil 4 (a bit late, I know)
    Onimusha 4
    Suikoden 5
    Oblivion (always being played in between other games)

• HylanHylan Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Elder Scrolls Oblivion : Done most of the side missions. Halfway or so through the main story line (63 hours on the game clock).

Dragon Quest VIII : Quit playing it for awhile, but now I'm hooked (56 hours)

Suikoden V : At the last boss need to lvl build (40 hours)
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I WAS playing Generation of Chaos for PSP... until I woke up and realized it was one of the worst games I've ever attempted to play in my whole entire life.

I'm not kidding.

Now I'm going to move on to Wild Arms IV, but I'm not exactly enthusiastic. The idea of a 13-year-old hero never appealed to me, and the reviews weren't exactly stellar. smile2.png
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Solution: Make a bonfire.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Suikoden II is a blast, and I haven't even gotten my castle yet. Is it really so hard to put this much love into a game?

New Super Mario Bros. is also fine gaming.

SLI: Is Generations of Chaos really that bad? I had high hopes for it because it looked fun.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(SorenLovesIke @ May 23 2006,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I WAS playing Generation of Chaos for PSP... until I woke up and realized it was one of the worst games I've ever attempted to play in my whole entire life.

I'm not kidding.[/QUOTE]
    Substitute Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana for Generations of Chaos and the same goes for me. Okay, maybe AI is quite THAT bad, but it's certainly not worth playing.

I'm starting Front Mission 4 in about 45 minutes (which I've heard isn't as good as 3?), but I may have to put that on hold if I manage to find Suikoden V tomorrow. I finally have the money for it, but I've been too sick to go and get it. smile5.png
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    If you manage to score Suikoden V, put Front Mission 4 away and never look for it again. smile22.png
  • BriarBriar New Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I am currently playing Golden Sun 2 for the GBA. I am stuck though... Hehe.. I think I am going to cheat and use a walkthrough... smile19.png smile13.png smile6.png
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I popped in Kessen again for old times sake. ?God that's a fun game. ?But other than that, being recently married, I haven't had the chance or pportunity to really start up a new RPG.

edited May 2006
    I know I've been stuck at the island passage ways, for a LONG time. ?I spent so long I found like ten non story things trying to figure it out.

Hmm, don't know whether to feel sorry for you or congradulate you, I don't ever plan on growing up.
    ...My two cents...

• RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited May 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Datguy86 @ May 22 2006,22:42)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"SLI: Is Generations of Chaos really that bad? I had high hopes for it because it looked fun.[/QUOTE]
    Well, I said somewhere else that...
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeSomewhereElse @ May15 2006,22:40)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Idea Factory built Generation of Chaos under the assumption that its players would either have prior experience in the series, or have easy access to those earlier titles. Since the series had never seen daylight outside of Japan, this wasn't an entirely illogical assumption, and it explains the lack on an in-game tutorial. North Americans who have not imported any prior installments are in huge trouble, however. The instruction guide that comes with GoC isn't very informative, as it will tell players what certain in-game abbreviations mean, but not describe in detail what their function is, or why on earth the player would ever want to try them.

On the bright side, NISA noticed this flaw and did take some measure to prevent it by releasing a downloadable guide for the game. The fact that it equates to about 70 instruction book-sized pages of reading should say something about just how deeply things needed explained. Unlike most standard RPGs, and even many TRPGs, Generation of Chaos is freaking hard to figure out with trail and error alone, and one can't just pick up and play relying on lessons learned in experience with other games. Using this guide helps the player make more sense of Generation of Chaos, and can make the game tremendously more enjoyable.
    [/QUOTE]
    So yeah. It can be fairly fun if you're willing to study it in a manner similar to how one would study the subject of an upcoming exam. If not, it's just going to be frustrating.
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Frustrating is a good word to describe Generation of Chaos. It was pretty confusing, and it hardly seemed worth the time.

Did I mention the voice acting was BAD? I wonder if I should've picked to hear the Japanese voices instead...

I'm about 3 1/2 hours into Wild Arms 4 right now, and it's really exceeded my expectations. The storyline isn't bad (so far), Jude isn't as annoying as I thought he'd be (but he's close), and the HEX system is original and fun. I'm pleasantly surprised.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I didn't "score" FM4 or Suikoden V yesterday, so I started playing Skies of Arcadia again. I'll never tire of that game, I 'spose. It's one of those you can sit down to play for a few minutes and suddenly realize 15 hours have passed.