If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

*Gasp* RPGamer's Xenosaga countdown is wrong.

watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamerFull Members
edited February 2003 in Site & Forum Support
I noticed a while ago that something seemed off. But today I decided to confirm it. I'm not sure why, but the countdown timer that RPGamer has for Xenosaga is set to end SIX DAYS before its release (and the timer on the official site of course). I just thought I'd point this out. So maybe someone will fix it. That is, of course, unless RPGamer knows something about an earlier release or something.

Comments

• LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Xenosaga is keeping track of the date in its alternate universe. We have yet to correct for the time distortion.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (watcher @ Jan. 20 2003,09:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I noticed a while ago that something seemed off. But today I decided to confirm it. I'm not sure why, but the countdown timer that RPGamer has for Xenosaga is set to end SIX DAYS before its release (and the timer on the official site of course). I just thought I'd point this out. So maybe someone will fix it. That is, of course, unless RPGamer knows something about an earlier release or something.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I have really paid too much attention to it, but if its a Java App, its probably using your computer's date and time, not the server's date and time. That being said, its been displaying 27 days+ for me for the last week wink.gif
  • StomStom Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Just one final note to end this:

The countdown is not being controlled in any shape or form by us. It is a paid advertisement by Namco. If you want to e-mail them and tell them their date is wrong, go for it.

Personally, I'd just pre-order the game, and hope that it comes in early. Then again, since Martin is likely correct on the Java date stuff, I'd just check your PC clock.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Well, its stopped showing 27 days for me, and the countdown is indeed wrong. Are they doing some sort of promotion? Perhaps this is the amount of time you have left to pre-order to get the promotional gifts. I personally couldn't really care less. (le sigh)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Chiapet hit it right on the nose. The clock appears to be only when the campaign ends, which is several days before the game hits the stores. Why that is, I don't have a clue. ;>
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Ha, you guys still have to countdown to Xenosaga. tounge.gif

I have two dungeons left...
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    How did you obtain the game? Are you part of the gaming press?
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I work for a gaming website yes. I have the game for reviewing purposes. =P

I also imported the game last year, so this is my second time playing it. I like it this way though, because I know what to do this time around. ;)

I still plan on buying it though, just to own a final copy. Maybe I'll keep it in the shrinkwrap...
  • NanamiNanami New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    sad.gif You don't have to tease us.... *sob* *sob*