If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Favourite funny words. (you'll see ) ^^

MalangoMalango MemberFull Members
edited February 2003 in Miscellaneous
Right, I always use words like madam, spiffing, groovy and many more hehe. smile.gif
But I also love hearing other peoples, e.g

Lina darkstar - phui, dayng (i love the word dayng it makes me smile)
Darth yogi - Yoodles.
Desh - *sigh*, yada yada yada biggrin.gif

so what silly (or not) words d'you love laugh.gif

Comments

• ArdeaArdea Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    'Indubitably' - not so much in my written words, but in my speech.

All kinds of antiquated, archaic abbreviations - 'twas, 'twere, 'twould for example. You've probably noticed that.

'Alas', 'Alack' and 'Eheu', teemed together. 'Eheu' is latin for 'alas'. Fun exclamations for use in everyday situations where politeness constrains you from lamenting with stronger language.

If we're talking on a purely third-party basis - words that you admire, but never use - then you can't do much better than

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"'Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphen-
    ylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglysylalanylphenylalanylval

ylprolylphenylalanylyalylthreonylleucylglcycylaspartylprolylglicylisoleucyglutamylglutamin

lserylleucyllysylisoleucylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglyclyalanylasparty

lalanylleucyglutamylleucylgluycylisoleucylproluylphenylalanyserylaspartyprolylleucelalanyl

aspartylglycylprolylthreonylisolleucyglutaminylasparaginylalanythreonylleucylarginylalanyl

phenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonylprolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglgl

utamylmethionylleucyalanylleucylisoleucylarginylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolyuthreonylisole

ucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasbaraginylleucylvalylphenylala
    nylsparaginyyllys
    ylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalanylyltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllys

ylvalylglycylvalylspartylserylvalylleucylvallalanylaspartylvalylprolylvalvlglutaminylgluta

mylserylalanylprolylphenylalalrginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginyl

valylalalprolylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinylprolyprolylaspartylalanylaspartylasp

artyspartyleucylleucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryltyroslglycylarginylglycyltyrosy

lthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginlalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylaspara

ginylarginylanylalanylleucylprolylleucylaspaaginylhistidylleucylvalylalanyllysylleucyllysy

lglutamyltyrosylasparagimylalanylalanyprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenlalanylglycyli

soleyucylserylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalanylisoleucylalspartylalanyl

glycylalanylalanylglycylalanylasoleucylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylbalyllysylisoleucyli

soleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisoleucylglutamylpronylglu0tamyllysylmethiony

lluecylalanylalanyoeucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutamilylprolylmethionyllysylalanylala

nylhreonylarginylserine.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The word is 1, 909 characters long. It is an enzyme with 267 amino acids, formula C-1289 H-2051 N-343 O-375S8 (No subtext on this board).
    Heron Heron Heron
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Ardea
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"All kinds of antiquated, archaic abbreviations - 'twas, 'twere, 'twould for example. You've probably noticed that.

'Alas', 'Alack' and 'Eheu', teemed together. 'Eheu' is latin for 'alas'. Fun exclamations for use in everyday situations where politeness constrains you from lamenting with stronger language.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

lol i must say when we chat sometimes we do sound like we're 500 years in the past biggrin.gif

and i thought the words on the back of shampoo were long !! !! !! biggrin.gif

and no i meant any words , either ones you say your self , or you like other people say .hehe

[edit] curse my spelling and grammar !!. smile.gif

• ArdeaArdea Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Even more words and phrases that are fun to use in general conversation:

o 'I'faith'
    o 'I trow'
    o 'Gadzooks malarky'
    o 'Curses' - (I love saying that! )
    o 'Chiz'
    o 'Egad'
    o 'In accordance to prophecy'
    o 't'will'
    o 'Sobgoblinatious'

Heron Heron Heron
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    lol I love 'curses' too smile.gif

and how did I forget your 'gadzooks' !! !! *hangs head in shame*
  • LocrianLocrian Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I have an unusual tendacy to say "sandwhich" ALOT in real life.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    "What's up?"

"Eating a sanwhich."

"No you're not."

"No friggin' sandwhich."

"Why do you say sanwhich so much?"

"Sandwhich RULZ!"

"... rrrright..."
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

It comes from a VERY old inside joke.

I also like to say "dip" and "plah" alot.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Malango @ Feb. 03 2003,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Desh - *sigh*, yada yada yada biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *rolls eyes*

Doot de doo...
  • oldnavy_2k2oldnavy_2k2 Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    what about this term: ?The Watercloset. ? laugh.gif ?it's just a funny word ?tounge.gif

edits typo sarcasm.gif

• Yo-Yo KirbyYo-Yo Kirby Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Arghh!! Stupid double post!

• Yo-Yo KirbyYo-Yo Kirby Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Here's some I use frequently:

"Meh."
    "Curses!"
    "Have you all gone mad!?"
    *Shrugs*
    "Dang."
    "Egad!"
    "My good God, what have you done!?"

I'm probaly missing a bunch. I can't remember what I
    say a lot anymore.... *Sigh*
  • Bossy lil QuistyBossy lil Quisty Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    "Abrupt" is so amusing to say! Not as interesting as others...but if you ever see anyone muttering it under their breath continuously, then it's probably me. sarcasm.gif
  • Shadow XShadow X Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Googlesnauff not a real word i think, but i use it from time to time
    I love it when brits say Bloody or bugger. "Aw bloddy hell" or "Why don't you bugger off!"
    Bugger probably isn't spelled right sorry i'm not british biggrin.gif LOL
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I like "affirmative". ?
    Data used to say it often in ST:TNG and he was my favorite character other than Picard.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • The Big BangThe Big Bang Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I've been using the phrase

"Jesus tap-dancing Christ!"

or sometimes I just start quoting Black Sheep in the middle of a sentence.

Limit limit limit

rooaaaaddss

*hides*
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I like to use words like:
    Interestinger
    Beautifuller
    Badder
    Gooder
    Sphygmomanometer (The thing doctors use to measure blood pressure)
    Indeed!
    Exactly! (Comes from the "Spontaneous Human Combustion" episode of South Park. "Or else!" 'Or else what?' "Exactly!")
    Dickerboob. (German for 'fat boy' )
    'Tis
    'Twas
    Twix
    Various other old english archaisms.
    Asunder. (I love it when Maechen says it.)

EDIT-Don'tcha just hate how that winking smilie pops up all over the place? There seems to be at least 3 combonations that will make it.

Walken1.jpg
    edited February 2003
    Darn Double posts!
    Frickum Frackum.

Walken1.jpg
  • AnjelikaAnjelika Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    i use often "ouch"
    and i like to say: that?s the "duhest" thing...
    and also: yumminesco! meaning something extra delicious
    smile.gif
  • Lina DarkstarLina Darkstar Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I rather like "Confound it!"
    Also "Mwa...". biggrin.gif
  • StingrayStingray Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    My personal use favorites:

bork (or anything Swedish Chef)
    "Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!"
    Engrish
    okily dokily (Ned Flanders)
    tosser
    from whence

There are others I had in mind, mayhaps (there's another) I'll end them in an edit or another reply.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    my favorites are blimey, crikey, and cheeky. ?i was unaware of the word 'cheeky' until malango said it once. ?or twice. ? smile.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2003
    Not referring to typed text, but speaking IRL I have a habit of saying the phrase "I've got news for you!" ?as in:

"I've got news for you, but baseball is simply THE most boring sport to watch on TV." tounge.gif

I also (and it's rubbed onto my friends BAD) say "werd!" a lot. ?That all started with the episode of the Simpsons where Bart was in a boy band ( Yvan eht noij ) and Justin Timberlake kept saying "werd". ?Funny stuff, too bad I had to use an N'sync reference... Though I guess the simpsons reference kinda cancels it out ya?

Oh well...

::washes his mouth out with soap anyways::
  • NanamiNanami New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Chankahrees! Probably not how ya spell it but I rarely write it down on paper or anything. It's Cajun French for ?"knick-knacks" ?or sometimes "treats". Like: " Let's go to the store and get some chankahrees!" Yeah, I'm just a dumbass Cajun. laugh.gif ?Also me and my siblings always seem to attach the word "ass" to everything. Like: "That is some good-ass tea!"
  • The FireDragonThe FireDragon Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I think that the word cucumber is funny.

Oh, look at that! I'll soon have 500 posts! smile.gif

• Jibrille Tenshi-samaJibrille Tenshi-sama Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I sometimes tend to use funny/dorky/weird words (when I'm around my family, friends, etc.)

-"Golly jee whiz, skip!" (It's a joke between me and my brother.)
    -"Son of a bloody hornets nest!" or "bloody hell"
    -"Jeeee" when something doesn't go right. wink.gif
    -I know this isn't in English, but I say "Scheisse" a lot. (Is that spelled right?) It's a German-curse word for "s**t". (I started saying it because my friend from Germany says it a lot.)
    And I don't know what other funny words I use...I probably won't remember until later.
    edited February 2003
    I say Scheisse a lot, too. But I usually drop the last 'e'. Scheiss!
    And how could I have forgotten Blimey!, Crikey!, and anything else Steve Irwin says.
    Ain't she a beaut!?
    Now thisis one of the most poisonous snakes in the world. Just one strike and I'd be dead in an instant. Now come on girl. Oh! Ain't she a beaut! OW! Crickey! She bit me! Now I'm gonna go to the hospital before i die as the venom paralyzes my respiratory system, which can be as quick as 40 seconds! Now, tune into next episode where I'll be hunting crocodiles in th..............

Walken1.jpg
  • Jibrille Tenshi-samaJibrille Tenshi-sama Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    *Laughs* That's funny what you said about Steve Irwin, Sin.
    He's crazy. He'll get close to a snake and he'll be, "Aww man, look at this snake.", and then it'll bite him and be attacked to his finger, and he'll say, "Don't worry! It just likes me!" or something funny. Or he'll hug some rabid crocodille and could care less if it almost bit his arm off. I like those nature shows! smile.gif
  • oldnavy_2k2oldnavy_2k2 Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I guess they don't want you in their neighborhood. ?tounge.gif tounge.gif,

(SNL joke...calista flockhart hosting, and a skit with Jimmy Fallon making fun of the crocodile hunter show)

and as long as we're saying funny words that we use personally....sometimes when a convorsation with a few friends becomes quite i say Gibba-laloo in a somewhat squeeky voice..scares the bejeebies outta them tounge.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif .

• FF_Freak_4_LifeFF_Freak_4_Life Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    i like saying "gadzooks" in real life, i also like saying "wahoo","hoohah", or my personal favorite,"wahoohah".
  • Shadow XShadow X Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jibrille Tenshi-sama @ Feb. 04 2003,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"-"Son of a bloody hornets nest!" or "bloody hell"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Woooo! You're awesome!

OH and I'd like to add Pianist to my list. I don't need to explain that one
    laugh.gif
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited February 2003
    Funny things that you say..hmm..

Well, sometimes I go FUDGE!! when I get upset.

I also tend to say "right?" way too much, especially when I'm tense.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • Darth_yogiDarth_yogi Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    For some reason i have a tendency to blurt out the most random of words and phrases.. But these have to be my favourites:
    "GAH!"
    "Curses!"
    "Drat!"
    "Pollution"
    "*Boing*"
    "Jive" <- I love that one!
    "Turkey"
    "Proposturous!"
    "Lunacy!"
    "Flib-Jibit"
    "Moida"

And heres an irritating inside joke: