If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Crave

DrognarDrognar MemberFull Members
edited April 2008 in Site & Forum Support
Hey, I've been around here for at least 2 years as anymonuos browser but thats not my point. My question to the staff is was this site alway owned by crave.(I saw the crave logo appear on the main banner about a half a year ago.) If not why not continue being independent? mad.gif

Comments

• CastomelCastomel Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    A Crave logo does not = Crave ownership. Mikel Tidwell is, was, and always has been the owner of RPGamer.com. It is a sole proprietorship based out of Washington state, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. Crave, meanwhile, is one of our advertising affiliates; they pay us to place their advertising on our site. As part of that arrangement, their logo appears on our index; all "The Crave Gaming Channel" refers to is that we're one of several gaming sites to use their service, and therefore we all follow a certain standard when it comes to our advertising.

So fear not, we're still independently owned and operated smile.gif
    Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!
  • DrognarDrognar Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    <div>
    (Castomel @ Apr. 20 2008,21:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">A Crave logo does not = Crave ownership. ?Mikel Tidwell is, was, and always has been the owner of RPGamer.com. ?It is a sole proprietorship based out of Washington state, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. ?Crave, meanwhile, is one of our advertising affiliates; they pay us to place their advertising on our site. ?As part of that arrangement, their logo appears on our index; all "The Crave Gaming Channel" refers to is that we're one of several gaming sites to use their service, and therefore we all follow a certain standard when it comes to our advertising.

So fear not, we're still independently owned and operated smile.gif</div>
    Standard lol, ya mean the ads EVERYWHERE! Anyhow its good to here that crave doesn't control this site, don't ask me why but I have a lot agianst sites being owned by corpate snobs. I'm pretty sure the sites advertised are controlled directly, so that got me wondering.