If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

dead forum

fergus the lesserfergus the lesser MemberFull Members
edited February 2003 in Site & Forum Support
so few topics to discussed/ still you insist that this forum should stay/ why? it's useless, there's no hope for this artwork forum/ guess i'm right that it should be removed or changed/

Comments

• KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Maybe you should lobby for the removal of the Dragon Warrior forum instead. It's less active than the Artwork forum...
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Explain to me exactly why you want the forum removed, aside from the lack of posts. If you visit that board, then try to stir up some discussion. If you don't, then does its very existence somehow cause you physical or mental distress to the point where you feel the need to have it removed?

What I'm saying is, I can see how people can argue for the creation of a board. To argue for its destruction, especially of one you don't regularly visit, is slightly more confusing.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 2003
    *snort*

Well the reason this forum is dead is because it's where ppl post problems they have with the server/board (witness the one where we were trying to help Ardea help a friend of hers) So, I say it stays. It serves a purpose.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    He's referring to the Artwork forum.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 2003
    My bad, Rico..

Well, it still serves a purpose. I dunno how many fanartists use it tho.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fergus the lesser @ Jan. 19 2003,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"so few topics to discussed/ still you insist that this forum should stay/ why? it's useless, there's no hope for this artwork forum/ guess i'm right that it should be removed or changed/[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Now that I actually have a bit more time, I suppose I'll humor the parent thread and reply.

First of all, it is untrue that there are so few topics to (be) discussed (or to discuss). Visual art is a huge field, spanning thousands of years and expanding farther with the progression of time. While it may be true that people are not currently choosing to discuss things in this field, this in no way suggests that there is, "no hope for the artwork forum." Indeed, it could be argued that there is, in fact, more hope for the artwork forum, as there are many possible but untapped discussion topics. Your proposed change, artwork to graphics, should in no way impact the popularity of the board, and will instead lower the amount of possible discussion topics; The subheading of the forum explicitly includes game visuals (graphics).

The Artwork forum should stay because it not only provides an area for discussion, but also can be used by RPGamer's Fan Art department as a tool to assist its contributors and readers. That was its original purpose when it was created; The recent multiple switching of Fan Art heads and the resultant, relative scarcity of updates has likely contributed to the forum's decline and disuse.

Frankly, it would accomplish nothing positive to remove the Artwork forum from RPGamer's boards. As LordBrian said before me, there is no compelling reason we could think of why a forum should be removed (or its scope changed, given that your proposed change would significantly narrow the scope of the current forum).
  • fergus the lesserfergus the lesser Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    might as well remove the dragon warrior forum and replace a new one/ instead of criticizing me just try to post more topics on that section so that board members would be motivated to fill the gap with the other forums...
    edited January 2003
    The irony is literally palpable, folks.
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    The strange thing is, there are so many members here at RPGamer. Where the heck are they? I wonder why they bother signing up at all?
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    They create a name so if they ever do post, they already have the name they want.
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TrueGamer @ Feb. 12 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The strange thing is, there are so many members here at RPGamer. Where the heck are they? I wonder why they bother signing up at all?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    >> i agree
    >> with the help of his Lordship - LordBrian would you mind if ill ask you the stats of this board and how many percent are "active" in the sense that they had replied once or many times and how many are "dull" and dont seem to care about the board
    >> 2,000+ members yet only few were seen...
    edited February 2003
    I have no way of knowing.
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fergus the lesser @ Feb. 12 2003,00:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE">> i agree
    >> with the help of his Lordship - LordBrian would you mind if ill ask you the stats of this board and how many percent are "active" in the sense that they had replied once or many times and how many are "dull" and dont seem to care about the board
    >> 2,000+ members yet only few were seen...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You have full access to the Members page. If you're interested, feel free to go through the 2193 members and compile whatever post count statistics you so wish. Asking someone else to do it is just lazy.
  • The FireDragonThe FireDragon Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I think that the artwork forum should stay. I never go in there but like rico said, the artwork is a huge field and I think that it might get visited when art and stuff like gets more popular. I don't know when that happens but you never know
    edited February 2003
    forget about the artwork forum...

your lordship, how about "expanding" the board, as i browse over the net i saw a web site rpgdreamer.com and i've noticed that they have a healthy number of "contributors" because their forum is "diversified".. i dont want to compare the two sites.. but itsn't this the time to make change for the good (of course&#33wink.gif.. well just my opinion!!! pls. dont scold me! i'm just expressing my views!!!
    edited February 2003
    It's hard to address your opinions when they don't make any sense.
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordBrian @ Feb. 14 2003,11:10)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It's hard to address your opinions when they don't make any sense.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    what can i do to make myself <opinions> be sensible to you? since it <my opinion> is subjective and diff. individuals have their own point of view on that matter...
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"since it <my opinion> is subjective and diff. individuals have their own point of view on that matter...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    regardless of how different an opinion is, it needs to be clear to get that feeling across so it can be interpreted by others and responded to accordingly.

in an unrelated and satirical opinion:

i think the ultimate irony would be fergus moderating the art forum.

tounge.gif

edit: realizing a word that wasn't, and replacing it.

edited February 2003
    Fergus, your posts, whether the usual vapid drivel or the occasional baseless but somewhat serious topic, are generally so poorly written as to be incomprehensible. If you very clearly and explicitly expressed what you meant and why it matters, in proper English, without requiring people to go to other forums just to check up on what your buzzwords are referring to, I doubt you would receive comments about your opinions not making sense.
    edited February 2003
    ... sorry for the bad grammar, senseless opinions