If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Villains!

Comments

• Lobster MagnetLobster Magnet Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Shining Force: Sword of Hajya's Barbara. Cute dark elf girl, and finally one with a bit of meat. I mean, come on, most elf girls are so lithe and spindly your average joe could pick them up by their ankles and fire them off like shuriken.
    While I'm on that thought of "hawt elven chic" the one from Shining Wisdom too.
    Man, people just don't know what to do with them. You certainly wouldn't see me knock them off no matter how bad they wanted to kill me.
    Actually I'd be a pretty terrible hero. I have a penchant for letting psychotics go free and knocking off pitiful "world is against me" suicidal meladramatical villains. Probably just because I could out-evil them any day of the week. Well okay maybe not Kefka, that'd be debatable since we never see if he does anything truly insane, just genocidal in scope. (IE we never see him beat the living heck out of something for fun while "singing in the rain" tounge.gif )
    I do however sport a warpped sense of justice, like say, Destro.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Wait a minute. Didnt Sephiroth "<span class="spoiler">get killed hours after he decided to become a villian? Wasnt the second Seph. basically a clone of the original? </span>" I kind of doubt he wanted to be evil. I think it was more of an act of nature to return the planet to its original state than to be evil. Kefka on the other hand was evil because thats how he saw the world. He was pure evil, plain and simple. Its what he wanted to be.
  • NanamiNanami New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Sephiroth is my favorite. I liked Grahf as well..... Hrm. Too many to choose from! confused.gif Luca Blight, Fou-Lu, Kuja, Ghaleon.... I know! Some people I've talked to think Legend of Legaia isn't any good but I really enjoyed it. Songi was really kick-@$;$, man. Yeah. Overall, Sephiroth is my top pick, though. He did so many screwed up things... -_-
  • RichardRichard Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    It's got to be Magus from Chrono Trigger. He has an awesome story, he's got a cool look, and you can even decide what you want to do with his life! Even though he's not a final boss, I couldn't ask for a better bad guy.
  • Options
    edited February 2003
    I guess Ghaleon from Lunar series....
    If you played both episodes you know what I mean when I say that I feel almost melancholy by thinking about him....(;_wink.gif

Man....what a great series!
  • Orange DragonOrange Dragon Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I'd say Kefka from FFVI also Sephiroth and Ansem from Kingdom Hearts.
    edited February 2003
    Damn, Songi! I forgot him. I remember Legaia for being really damn difficult. Heh, the interactions between him and Gala reminded me so much of those old martial arts movies. "Bad" arrogant student vs. the teacher's pet sort of thing.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited February 2003
    Well, since I kept quiet before...

I like both Sephy and Kefka. Shee, Sephy went and "<span class="spoiler">killed Aeris, as well as did some other nasty things</span>" And Kefka destroyed the world! Woah! Talk about someone you wanna hate!
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • ta-chanta-chan Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Well... I wasn't really attracted by Sephiroth. Maybe beacause of his look, very close to Magus... He hasn't captivated me ; FF7 has not captivated me anyway. Magus was much more interesting, he has a story, he has a real living, he's concerned only with achieving his goals, so he's not really evil, but you play with him at your side only because he wants to.
    But for a true villain, as for me, i need to find some important things attached to the character : he must have some presence ( I didn't really feel Sephiroth as a real enemy, as you have other ones, and you SEE them, and you FIGHT them !! mad.gif ).
    Also, he must have some kinda "power" which gives him an "aura".
    Just to talk quickly about Kefka, he was an interesting bad guy, and, yes he was silly at the beginning of the game ; but I was amazed to see during the last battle, he was more powerful than ever, he had reached his absolute will of power.
    When thinking of Sephiroth again.... I can't even remember what he's doing while you run after him... wink.gif You battle him at the end of the game, but he's not the real final enemy anyway eh.gif
    So, my favorite bad guys would be Kefka, Golbez, and Takahisa Kandori (Persona), who is probably one of the most intelligent final boss ever made, strong (even if not the strongest) and evil. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Um, well, actually, Sephiroth IS the final enemy in FF7. But I see what you're saying. ...I whole-heartedly disagree, but your points are valid.
  • ElranzerElranzer Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Sephiroth was just an Anime stereotype and dressed like a male prostitute.

He's Magus reguritated with silver hair, how unoriginal. He killed Aerith, ooh big deal (and it wasn't really him)... Kefka killed Leo, Gestahl, hundreds of Espers, and plenty of other main characters. Sephiroth burned Nibelhiem? Big deal, Kefka destroyed only the adults in a town, leaving the children to be fed to Phunbaba. And he scorched and destroy pretty much the whole world too. Sephiroth was stupid too since his plan to "<span class="spoiler">absorb the lifestream and all the souls</span>" would have just killed him, he wouldn't be able to handle it. Kefka however got away with what he wanted, the heroes just were able to get back on their feet and finally defeat him AFTER he did his deed.

Sephiroth was killed and preserved. One of his Jenova-controlled clones killed Aerith, not him. He was pretty much Jenova's boy toy. Kefka did the controlling, he controlled Terra and made her set thousands of his own men on fire just for "practice".

Kefka's by far the most evil and superior FF villian. Though Exodeth was cool too, he's pretty much the Darth Vader of the FF series. I can imagine James Earl Jones doing his voice.

Magus was probably Square's best villain though, if only because at some point in the game he "<span class="spoiler"> becomes the bigger man by apoligizing to his enemy and joining him to defeat the real enemy.</span>"

Pokey however has gotta be the one villian to HATE the most. If you've played Earthbound you'd know. You just wanna smack him but he always gets away. And he gets you right where it annoys you at the end whe he says "<span class="spoiler">that it was because of HIM that Giygas was able to come to power.</span>" He's pretty much Eric Cartman of video game villians.

- Elranzer
  • RDSRDS Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Does anyone else think that Fou-lu from BOF IV wasn't really a villain? Sure he was the last boss but he was not really evil. the empires that were fueding when he returned were more of the evil ones. Fou-lu just came back to take back what he began. I'm sure he wouldn't have been an evil Ruler. He never really did anything evil in the game. The only ones he killed were those who attacked him.
  • barfbarf New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Ultros...FF6, pure evil baby....pure evvvvvvvvvvvvvil indeed!
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    i'm gonna hafta agree with elranzer.. i don't think sephiroth was as bad-ass as he is made out to be. to me, kefka was the epitome of evil in the final fantasy series.
  • MiDKnighTMiDKnighT New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I'm gonna say Golbez in FFIV. He reminds me of the best movie villian of all time (Darth Vader).
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Does anyone else think that Fou-lu from BOF IV wasn't really a villain? Sure he was the last boss but he was not really evil. the empires that were fueding when he returned were more of the evil ones. Fou-lu just came back to take back what he began. I'm sure he wouldn't have been an evil Ruler. He never really did anything evil in the game. The only ones he killed were those who attacked him.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Agree on that one. He's probably the most sympathetic (Or pathetic, depending on how you view that sort of pacifism nowadays) "villain" ever. In fact he's not really much of one, for the reasons you've listed. If they'd never come after him in the first place, he may just have stayed with that hick girl he was shacking up with. That goon under Ursula's command was definitely a larger threat than he was, and he wasn't even a major enemy, always letting his animated armours do the battling for him! (Anyone remember his name?) I don't remember much of the other two empires on the game, outside of the Carronade. Crazy idea for a weapon, even crazier that it worked! If Fou-Lu hadn't been the last boss I bet Yuna would have. Strange storyline structure there. Everyone else you meet is worse than him, yet he's the final enemy.

Hey I just started playing again, but does anyone remember the final enemy of Sorceror's Kingdom for the Genesis? Because I don't. All I know is this is possibly the @#&;*ing hardest RPG ever made. Continually dying to a single kobold isn't very fun, and it's even weirder because it uses FF2's style of "leveling up by getting beat up." I still want to complete it again because I can't remember a damned thing about it though. Right now, I've gotten to the prerequesite "fire cave," my defense is at 388, and I'm still dying from certain foes in a single blow. @&;^*^@#%ing salamanders. Insanity, true insanity.
  • ReolReol New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Sephiroth(FF7) was a great villain, but so was Grafh(Xenogears) and Roger Bacon(Shadow Hearts)
  • GlacianGlacian Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Krelian from Xenogears is one of my favorite. Always been a fan of Kuja in FFIX too!
  • radical dreamerradical dreamer New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Theres so many!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghaleon
    Sephiroth
    Schmit
    Id
    Magus
    etc
  • xxtrizzxxtrizz New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Yeah

Id is the best because its actually based of of a psychology theory made by the doctory Frued or also called the Fruedian theory. The basic instincts and what not. It reminds me of Fight club but he actually does fight himself in the game.
  • StorymanStoryman New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    sephiroth is my fave
  • CarabbitCarabbit Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xxtrizz @ Feb. 26 2003,23:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah

Id is the best because its actually based of of a psychology theory made by the doctory Frued ?or also called the Fruedian theory. The basic instincts and what not. It reminds me of Fight club but he actually does fight himself in the game.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I thought the whole Id thing was amazingly transparent. I mean, his name gives him away.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I love to hate Locca Blight! He is sooooo evil throughout the game. The second villain I love to hate is probably Jowy, but in the end if you obtain all 108 stars of destiny, Jowy became himself again. (Aww) My third favourite villain is probably Xelpherpolis, mainly because he is the only person in an RPG that DOESN'T want to destroy the world or take over the world or whatever.
  • MulkaccinoMulkaccino Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Kefka for sure, who else has lines like...

"hate, hate, hate, hate
    hate, hate, hate, hate,

HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I get the impression he never had the choice to be good or evil, he was just born,"<span class="spoiler">well actually made</span>", evil. He has that insane, malevolent laugh everytime he does something evil "<span class="spoiler">like poisoning a whole town, killing General Leo, or </span>"(I don't know if this is evil or not, "<span class="spoiler">DESTROYING THE WORLD!</span>"

Sephy is cool, but I think that's about it. ?When I first played FFVII I thought he was a total bad@ss, but by the end of the game they only thing that made me want to stop him was nothing... ?I just wanted to stop him to see what happened next.

I don't remeber villians in FFVIII - FFX. ?OH those are villians? ?They seem more like pieces to make the plot more interesting, but didn't ?carry the "evil" role very well. ?I think the the RPG industry needs another good villian that makes you want to beat him/her down.

Just remember ?hate mad.gif ?hate mad.gif ?HATE!!!! mad.gif
  • MMMMMM Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Kuja is my favorite villian. He was kind of sympathetic at times and you really did feel for him.
  • SpaceySpacey New Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Nothing has filled me with more hatred at a videogame than when Kefka "<span class="spoiler"> poisons Doma. His quote "Nothing is better than the music of a thousand voices screaming in unison" (something along those lines) as he does this most horrible deed set me in near rage as I sat staring at the screen.</span>"

Kefka is most defiantly my favorite villain. Plus he adds comic relief at some points "<span class="spoiler">"Ahem...there's SAND on my boots!"</span>". I marvel at his pure madness (or clear sightedness, depending on your view).

My favorite lesser evil would probably be Zorn and Thorn. What fun those two had together. Inseparable.
  • theavengtheaveng Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2003
    Mr. Morden from Babylon 5. Oh wait... that's not a game....

Okay, I pick Maleficient from Kingdom Hearts. That's the coldest witch I've ever seen. (brrrr) Sends chills down my spine just thinking about it.
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Alethea @ Jan. 27 2003,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The hottest villain would be Kuja[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Why do some women find this butt-ugly crossdressing gender-bending fruitcake so sexy? I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, just remember what Zophar looks like? I guess it came from there... but then again, if you look at the Amano pics of Kefka, well... =P
  • Jibrille Tenshi-samaJibrille Tenshi-sama Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    *Fu fu fu* I have a new favourite villain: Albedo

He is one crazy guy. I love how his demented laugh can go on forever. Also, the fact that he's always smiling when he knows he is doing something bad.

While I sometimes hate this guy, I cannot help but to love him at the same time. biggrin.gif
  • LegolasLegolas Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    those stupid kids who won't give the rabbit some frickin trix for the love of God!