If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

JopinJopin MemberFull Members
edited June 2008 in Site & Forum Support
I attempted to register about a month ago, and for some reason my attempt was unsuccessful. That problem is history now, (as you can see, I'm able to post here.) but back then there was a very large selection of avatars to choose from, which have all seemingly dissipated into nothingness.

I don't have a website. Is there any other way to get my own avatar on my profile? (I don't expect a positive answer...) Also, do you know anything about the missing avatars?

I know this problem is trivial, but a good avatar would be nice...

Thanks.

Comments

• ShuemaisShuemais Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Due to the forum upgrade that resulted in the old RPGamer skin being shot as full of holes as a month-old piece of swiss cheese, the majority of avatars that had been previously uploaded were lost in the shuffle. As I don't personally have these avatar images myself, I can't retrieve or replace them. There's been discussion about replacing them through other means, but as I'm having Personal Life Issues™ right now, that's on the back burner for the next few weeks. So, that explains that.

RPGamer doesn't allow personal hosting for avatar images due to bandwidth issues, so unless you can host it remotely (through an image hosting website, for instance...), you're stuck with what limited options are available.

As previously mentioned, I'll be working on replacing the avatars again soon in the near future, but other matters have come up. For the time being, at least, it is on my agenda.

Hope this helps.
  • Tidus199Tidus199 New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Excuse me...how can I change my avatar?
    I go to my profile, but I can't change it rock.gif
    The avatar is this(the url^^)-->http://www.yourff.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/Upload/81478254344a3df87ddc79.gif
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I have a gallery of avatars that you can use for now. Feel free to use one. They were once part of the avatar gallery before it got hosed. There is one restriction. Do not use the Laharl, Fran, Colette or Aang avatars. Those are for my personal use. Use them and they get moved and you end up with a broken image.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Tidus199Tidus199 New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Ok, I'll use gallery's avatars
    Thanks smile.gif
  • JopinJopin Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Gracias, Moncapitan2002! At least I have an avatar I can stand, for now.

I guess some new ones should be available eventually, so I can just wait for more options.

And thank you, Shuemais, for the taking the time to explain the RPGamer "swiss cheese status".

• Endangered_UserEndangered_User Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I noticed that too. I wish the old avatars would come back. sad.gif
  • RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited December 2006
    Seems to be an issue not high on the admin's list of priorities. The lack of action in this regard is pretty sad. If whoever is in charge now is interested, I still have all the avatars I sent to Dracos way back in the before time (over 150 of them, I'm fairly certain). Give me an address to send them to, and they can be yours, as well.

Well past time to buff up the avatar selection here, I'd say. pogopony8tv.gif

edited December 2006
    Shumais is now in charge of the boards. You should send them to him.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited December 2006
    He need only let me know he wants them and supply an address to send them to, if he's interested.
  • CarontCaront Member Full Members
    edited May 2008
    Apologies for dredging up this topic, but I had my own avatar question.

I wanted to use Auburn University's sports logo (the interlocking AU) as my avatar. I'm not sure, however, whether or not that would be permissible, citing legal reasons and whatnot. Does anyone have a good idea one way or the other?

Sincerely,
    Caront
    edited May 2008
    Your best bet is to ask someone at the university if it would be permissible to use their logo on message boards. Asking anyone at this site is kind of pointless since it is Auburn University's policy that you should be asking about.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for answering so promptly (and pardon me for not returning the favor).

As you'll notice, I decided to sidestep the issue and adopt one of the preloaded avatars. *shrug*

As much as I love Auburn, I'm not a big fan of potential lawsuits. biggrin.gif

Sincerely,
    Caront
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited June 2008
    Somewhat late to the show, but I'm here. All I have to say is Caront (and anyone else who is interested), feel free to PM me and I can make any avatars you may wish to have and upload them for you, you need then only add it to your profile (should you have trouble, I can run you through that too.)

Sigs and avatars can come as packages. But you'll want to visit the sig shop in the miscellaneous area to address signatures.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for letting us know.

Better late than never, as they say. biggrin.gif

Sincerely,
    Caront