If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Unlimited SaGa Coming to America

Joseph WithamJoseph Witham MemberFull Members
edited March 2003 in Latest Updates
Rumored for months, the truth is finally revealed: English speaking gamers will be able to enjoy the next entry in the SaGa series.

Read about it here.

Comments

• Captain VittlesCaptain Vittles Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Yay! I can't wait to play this game. I love this series so much, and the unique gameplay should make it fun if only for the novelty. Though I have faith SaGa won't let me down.

*wanders off to save money for a PS2*
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Well, Judging from the equal amount of praise and bashing done to this game, it sure sounds like a typical SaGa installment. I know just about everything one can know about this game without actually playing it yet.

I'm personally very happy. This news has made my whole week. The one thing that I am a bit worried about is this games performance in the US. This could be the deciding factor on whether or not we receive any possible future installments in the series. The pretty graphics are enough to draw any fanboy to attention, I'm just hoping that the "gameboard" style of play and the very odd skill system won't deter people from the game ultimately. I'm really looking forward to the OST which I ordered today. I waited until it was official so if the game wasn't released, I wouldn't have the OST as a reminder that I'd never be able to play the game in English.

As a side thought though. If any of you rpgamer staff has any inside connections to Square (never know???) tell them to actually include a helpful instruction manual. The SF games didn't have much to them and left out a lot of details that they shouldn't have. I don't mind learning a game as I go, but I know it was a BIG complaint of a lot of people.
  • NanamiNanami New Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    While I'm not a HUGE fan of the SaGa games I do enjoy them. This one looks to be as interesting as the others so I'll give it a go. Definitely.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Well, I've got a mixed reaction. As happy as I am to have it come over, the last two Saga games were terrible - they were great ideas gone to waste. I hope this one is better, but it's definetly a rental first.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2003
    I despised SaGa Frontier 1 and really enjoyed 2 up to the final boss levels, so my feelings are mixed.

However, I am likely to pick up U SaGa, even if it is just a rental, to take it for a spin. It looks and sounds interesting, and suitably different from the Frontier 1.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2003
    yes!!!!i was holding my breath for this one...one of the most underated series and my personal favorite is continuing here!thank you square/enix.i cant wait,hee hee,kupo...:D
    edited February 2003
    I have a question....Since the localization has probably been underway for awhile now, I'm wondering if this title will be a Square EA title or a Square Enix title in the US...Does anybody know?
  • kaserdankaserdan Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Square-Enix would be my guess.

I enjoyed both games (Saga & Saga II) so I'll definitly buy this one. And God thank you ! Masashi Hamauzu made the soundtrack ! The battle music is AWESOME !!!
  • Options
    edited March 2003
    SaGa is Square's 2nd most popular series? Huh?

I guess in Japan maybe...Unlimites SaGa *is* the 9th game in the series after all and no other Square series has that many games, even though I'd say Seiken Densetsu and Chrono are much better series...

Why can't Square have made 9 Seiken Densetsu games over the years? Seiken and SaGa both started on the GB:)

I never liked SaGa...
    edited March 2003
    In case anybody was wondering...Gamestop.com is announcing a July 1st release....It's now available for pre-order.