If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

True Fantasy Online

TadrithTadrith MemberFull Members
edited March 2003 in Latest Updates
A few more screenshots for this gorgeous looking Xbox MMORPG. I have to say, I'm not a fan of MMORPGs, but this game really looks impressive. The environments and characters have definite appeal.

Could this be the RPG we've been waiting for on the Xbox?

Check out the new shots!

Comments

• TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Well, it looks interesting, but how will it play? Being able to customize your character's look and mount are all well and nice, but that isn't enough. Don't forget, this is still an Xbox game.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I am quite surprised it took this long for Xbox to start turning out RPG games.... And good, original ones at that.... I noticed that Xbox seems to be either remixing or bring out the same games we've already played via PS2 or Gamecube.... For instance, Phantasy Star On-line..... Or Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance..... I'll give them credit for Elder Scroll 3: Morrowwind..... But they need to come out with more on-line MMORPG's.... They have the technology to put out some great games..... True Fantasy On-line looks to be a great game..... Once it comes out......

By the way.... I'm surprised to see that there is no Everquest for Xbox as of yet.....

• RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Yeah, my roomate's Xbox hasn't been taken online yet, but I have a feeling it will be if this came plays as good as it looks.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I am quite surprised it took this long for Xbox to start turning out RPG games.... And good, original ones at that.... [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Original, maybe. But it's hard to tell how good a game will be from the screenshots.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'll give them credit for Elder Scroll 3: Morrowwind.....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Because it somehow didn't come out on the PC first?
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how this got the title "True Fantasy?" Do you think they may be trying to leech off another RPG franchise which shall remain name;ess for the time being? I mean, would it still have the name "True Fantasy" if a certain series hadn't exsisted? I don't know what to think, so someone please influnce my judgment for me....
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I dunno, the fantasy genre (which this game seems to be set in) existed well before that other series existed. Now, if it was named True Phantasy Online, I'd be a little more suspicious.