If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga : Endless Frontier

Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited April 2009 in Latest Updates
Endless fun, endless adventure, endless boob jokes, but hopefully not endless failure. Here's what I have to say.

Comments

• Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2009
    I've gotta say, this sounds dissimilar to the Original Generation titles I enjoy so on GBA. But not incredibly so, with enormous damage output, careful management of attack resources, and support attacks. When I first heard about the game it was as an action RPG but this combat is definitely not the typical action system. I like it.
    As for the boobs... I really have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    BOOBS!

There, that's about all that needs to be said on the subject.

And this game is "action" in that it requires timed button presses. Other than that, nope, not action at all.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    This has got to be the best preview/impression I've read in a while. Great job!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I have never played a SRW game, and by your impression it sounds fun. I will likely be picking this up when it comes out. Plus the BOOBS and robots!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    To warn you this is nothing like any other SRW game. Most SRW games are SRPG with giant robots.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to make an educated guess and say the dramatic difference in play style stems from Monolith Soft and not Banpresto being the developer.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    robotz + bewbz + insane comboz??? DO WANT!
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited February 2009
    To warn you this is nothing like any other SRW game. Most SRW games are SRPG with giant robots.
    Yay for my ignorant bliss tounge2.gif , I never played any of the other ones so I can't really be disappointed... Unless its just a bad game all together. Knock on wood...
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • King FrostKing Frost Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I have never played a SRW game, and by your impression it sounds fun. I will likely be picking this up when it comes out. Plus the BOOBS and robots!
    Seconded. I'll be picking this up as my first intro to SRW. Hope it gives me a favorable impression of the series.
    edited February 2009
    This has got to be the best preview/impression I've read in a while. Great job!
    Haha, thanks!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    BOOBS!

There, that's about all that needs to be said on the subject.
    Heehee Gajin said boobs.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • Goddess AtmaGoddess Atma The Sapphic Swordswoman Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Boobs. I can't really think of a better reason to support anything.

But in all seriousness, it's another game I've played in JP that I am glad is getting a US release. It's fun.
    I do not bleed, for I am but strength given form.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2009
    Even though I know that this game in nothing like the rest in the series, I went out today and purchased BOth Of the GBA gameS. At least I'll be able to get whatever bonuses are included.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited February 2009
    Bring on the Mammary madness I say. I just hope they put the stylus to innovative use.
    edited February 2009
    How about no use?

I'd have mentioned the stylus if they ever used the thing.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited February 2009
    robotz + bewbz + insane comboz??? DO WANT!
    Clearly, they know their target audience. laugh.gif
    edited February 2009
    How about no use?

I'd have mentioned the stylus if they ever used the thing.
    A missed opportunity if ever their was one.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Real boobs > None real boobs though. My fiance keeps saying I'm not allowed to buy this game.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited February 2009
    If this one achieves anything like the addiction level the two GBA OG titles did (four times through the second one, only thrice for the first) then I'll be enjoying this game for a long long time.
    ...But I didn't hear anything about branching paths (so far), and I picked up that there isn't a choice of characters at the beginning. Maybe restarting will allow certain things to be awarded at the beginning.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Real boobs > None real boobs though. My fiance keeps saying I'm not allowed to buy this game.
    Tell her it will keep you from looking at real boobs other than hers. thumbs-up.gif
    edited February 2009
    Tell her she can join in too, perhaps she was just feeling excluded.
  • ElrinthElrinth Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    She's just jealous on in-game none-realistic boobs! devil.gif

I might try this game. Too much strategy isn't my cup of tea, it's good when it's like FF10 or Heroes of Might & Magic. But when it goes further into the ultra repeative, it just far too much off.

Looking forward to try it out! Ofcourse, only for the boobs!
    \"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind\" - Edward D. Morrison
  • laazyeyelaazyeye Pretty much... Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Does this game have any relation to NamcoXCapcom??
    edited April 2009
    Wow, way to resurrect an old topic!

But yes, it's done by the same folks who handled Namco x Capcom and created the Xenosaga series, which is why KOS-MOS and the original characters from NxC can show up in this game and not cause a copyright/licensing nightmare for a US release, the way the SRT games usually would.

Oh, and Reiji & Xiaomu both make references to the NxC storyline on occasion.

• laazyeyelaazyeye Pretty much... Full Members
    edited April 2009
    oh crap! well, it isn't that old... oh.gif
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, just kidding you tounge2.gif

Was surprised to see it back up, that's all.
    edited April 2009
    I just saw this game on Playasia and a very amusing description of the game's story:
    Quote: wrote:
    Story intended for mature RPG gamers—Intended for the more seasoned, older gamers, the story includes more nuanced, complex characters and manages to mix drama, romance, and humor to great effect.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13....25.html

It would seem that boob-jokes are the new Shakespeare. laugh.gif
    edited April 2009
    Old Billy S. never backed down from a good boob joke. Or any other kind of sex joke for that matter.