If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Origins Ships to North America

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited April 2003 in Latest Updates
Final Fantasy Origins is now within reach, provided you can fork over the $30 for it.

Final Fantasy Origins Ships to North America

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2003
    Yeah I like this packkage of the first two FF-series.

I already played them on NES but on Playstation with advanced graphics and CGI movies it?s even better!

Enjoy the game....
  • NilidasNilidas New Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I've been waiting for so long for this release!!! Since I learnt that FF3 was in fact FF6, I've always wanted to play to the others before. I played to FF1, but I never made it throught the end because the graphics were really bad and the music and sounds were of so low quality that I couldn't bear it anymore! Hum... by the way, just like that, it's released at the same time in Canada, right?
  • kelthoskelthos New Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    No, I looked at a few places today and they all say that they will be getting it tomorrow.. so one more days wait for anyone in Canada, well at least for me sad.gif
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    If Only I Hadent Bought Suikoden 3 on Ebay ...Oh Well
  • RivermanRiverman Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I'm now about halfway through FF I, the music and graphics update gives it a 100% improvement and when I finish it I'll move on to FFII.

I wonder what will become of FF III.
  • NilidasNilidas New Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I'M GONNA CRY!!! Well, really I don't care that it's released today or tomorow, I don't intend to go before the weekend, so... But, kelthos, could I know which province you are from anyway?
  • someguywhohatesyousomeguywhohatesyou Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    LOL. For once PAL territories left waiting months after the US release. I've had Final Fantasy Origins for just under two weeks now biggrin.gif . Mmm... dungeon-hacking goodness. Now all I need to complete my collection is FFIII... if they ever re-release it???
    edited April 2003
    Im from Ontario, I went to severeral places, future shop, eb, eb games world, and they all said wait till tomorrow.. its not that bad because tomorrows almost here now smile.gif
  • DeshrillDeshrill Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    Yeah, me too.

I had the game reserved at a Gamestop with the employee basically guaranteeing the game would be in today and when I went there, the manager says it would come in tomorrow.

I also went to a nearby EB and had the same story over there... ?Very frustrating, especially when the nearest mall is 30 minutes away! ?sad.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2003
    It's coming to my EB tomorrow... I can't wait... I have finals the day after but finals will come and go! tounge.gif
  • XIONXION Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    my collection is almost complete! All need is final fantasy 3.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2003
    i just got mine and have been plying it all morning.i own the originals and have played them on the trusty famicom but i seem to like the updates better(well you can never get rid of that old-school,8-bit charm).usually im more of a purist and like the originals better because most games companies try to update usually ruin the originals.i think square did a great job with this(as i expected them to).rpg greatness...make sure yall watch for the moogles in ff2...hee hee,kupo!
  • WildDracWildDrac Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    Man oh man, I really wish I had some money. Stupid college expenses. I want FFO so bad I could go mad right now just thinking about it. In fact I think I will.
  • wolf pyroswolf pyros New Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    Well i can't wait but im broke right now. hmm maybe ill rent it. tounge.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2003
    I just bought the game today and started play FF1 and i have only one thing to say about it...............wow. wow.gif
  • RPGroundsRPGrounds Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I laugh at all those who don't have FFO yet!

I pre-ordered mine in late February, and it got here yesterday.

IT FREAKIN' RULES!!!
  • RemixRunixLPRemixRunixLP New Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    SoOoOoOo stoked...just got origins and ffchronicles...now all i need is ff3 and ive got the whole collection up to now! too bad ff3 hasnt made it state side yet.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited April 2003
    Hmm... Is it true that Final Fantasy III remake has been done for the Wonderswan, but since the console practically died they don?t know if they release it or not?

They should at least release a PSX port tounge.gif
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
    edited April 2003
    Just a question, is FFO the first game that is released by Square-Enix?? I just noticed that it says Square-Enix under the squaresoft logo.
  • WildDracWildDrac Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I think with the fact that here in America they merged before it was released, then technically FFO is the first Square-Enix game released to America.
  • RPGroundsRPGrounds Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    kelthos: yes, it is.
  • Options
    edited April 2003
    Why was Final Fantasy Origins released later in USA then in Europe? it's often the opposit...

Anyway, I've had the game for about four weeks now. I bought it in a local gameshop here in Sweden!
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Max_Deltree @ April 09 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Hmm... Is it true that Final Fantasy III remake has been done for the Wonderswan, but since the console practically died they don?t know if they release it or not?

They should at least release a PSX port tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Final Fantasy III for Wonderswan was announced a long time ago, then "disappeared" when FF IV for wonderswan was announced.

I think it was recently put back on the release schedule, but I'm not certain.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (treborhos @ April 10 2003,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Why was Final Fantasy Origins released later in USA then in Europe? it's often the opposit...

Anyway, I've had the game for about four weeks now. I bought it in a local gameshop here in Sweden![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Because Square Europe had nothing else to do.

In all honesty, I'm not sure why it was released in Europe before NA. In recent years, there has been a trend of wierdness in game releases, with a handful of games originating in Japan being published in the US before Japan.

I think ICO was one of those, but I'm not sure.

Perhaps someday we'll all use the same TVs/Voltages/Language and all games will be released simultaneously worldwide.... or maybe not.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Just got the game today!!!

It's beautiful... And sounds awesome......

Can't wait to get through the games!!!!!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
  • DarkDreadDarkDread Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I got it yesterday... unfortunately... I made the mistake of picking up my copy at Electronics Boutique, before going to Wal-Mart (I didn't think Wal-Mart would have it)... stupid crooks at EB ar selling the game for 45 bucks... wal-mart has it for 40... so, what I wanna know is, what's EBs excuse? ...40 is the MSRP... so why are those dirty rats trying to make an extra 5 dollars?

...anyway, for everyone in Canada, don't buy it at Electronics Boutique!... you will be getting ripped off.

...and incidentally, I took my copy back to eb, and told them to go shove it... took my money, and picked it up at Wal-Mart. Horray for capitalism! biggrin.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2003
    Got it! LOVE IT!!!!! This is the way FF1 (all I have played so far) was meant to be!!!! If only they went as far as to make it like FFIX (3D that is)!
  • Options
    edited April 2003
    i picked up the game a few days ago and im almost done with ff1.
    But what i want to know is if any one has noticed if the enemy encounter rate went up. Because i get into a battle like every 5 steps and i dont remember it being like that when i played the original for nintendo. even when i played it NESTICLE a few months back it still wasnt this bad. most of you agree that it gets annoying getin into a battle every 5-8 steps with no break in the action.
    Anyways despite that the game still rocks and is still loads upon loads of monster-squashin fun.
  • someguywhohatesyousomeguywhohatesyou Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I suppose the encounter rate is much higher than previous (or later if you want to look at it that way) games in the series. But that's why they added multiple difficulty levels. smile.gif