If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Question about reviews

CidolfasCidolfas MemberFull Members
edited October 2009 in Site & Forum Support
Is there any restriction on posting a review that's also been posted on other websites? I have a bunch of reviews on my blog that, me being a bit bored, I'd be willing to work into the HTML template and send to RPGamer. Is there any issue with this?

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2009
    I'll leave that up to omegabyte in the end, but blog reviews should be more reasonable to reuse than reviews posted to something like other competing sites.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2009
    Jeremy keeps his reviews on a personal site, and I haven't seen anyone on staff complain about it. I don't think RPGFan takes reader reviews anymore, so if you're talking about reader submissions, your only other choice is GameFAQs and I'm not sure what omegabyte's rule is for that. I'd say the reviews on your blog are fine as long as you don't join the staff of a competing site at some point in the future and then resubmit all of them there.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2009
    Like 7th said, as long as they aren't on a competing site it's fine. However you should be aware of our guidelines for submissions. If your review is too long, too short, very poorly written, poorly formatted, or otherwise incomprehensible, it will be declined.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Gotcha, and thanks.