If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Amano to direct anime feature film

SiliconNooBSiliconNooB MemberFull Members
edited April 2010 in Entertainment
Quote: wrote:
With credits ranging from Speed Racer to Gatchaman, Yoshitaka Amano is best known among gamers for his Final Fantasy illustrations, character work and logo-work.

A seasoned veteran who entered the anime industry when he was 15, Amano is directing his first animated feature film, Zan.

The film is the product of Amano's new production studio, Studio Deva Loka, and he came up with the story and original character art. Set in the late 19th century, the 3D film follows a samurai named Zan who ends up an alternate universe.

Amano exhibited a statue of a huge black feline last month — it's a steel beast named "Panther" the, according to website ANN, becomes Zan's companion in the film.

http://kotaku.com/5514884....re-film
Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Is this the first film he has ever directed?
    He has a lot of character design experience but not much direction experience, I think.

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Interesting. I have always wondered what his ideas would be like translated to a feature anime film setting. I am just surprised this did not happen sooner
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."