If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Necropost warning

shentinoshentino MemberFull Members
edited December 2010 in Site & Forum Support
Just curious if it was possible to tweak the posting code to display a warning in a noticeable color if a member was about to necropost.

Could probably be tweaked or customized on a per-forum basis if needed.

Heck vB might even have a config option for it...I'm not quite sure, but at another board I frequent it does well to keep people from necroposting unless they intend to.

Comments

• AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I thought they relaxed the rules for necropost as long as the new comment was still related to the topic?
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I'm still not clear on necroposting rules. I think some queries on the subject got lost in the shuffle during the vB migration.

I do still think though that a casual warning on a potential necropost would help increase awareness of dates and whatnot.
  • [Unknown][Unknown] Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    shentino wrote: »
    I'm still not clear on necroposting rules. I think some queries on the subject got lost in the shuffle during the vB migration.

I do still think though that a casual warning on a potential necropost would help increase awareness of dates and whatnot.

Ah, I remember when we first added this feature to SMF, it was pretty well-liked. It's been years, so I would've assumed everyone's copied the feature by now (like so many others.)

In fact, just did a quick Google, and it seems it exists as a plug-in.

-[Unknown]