If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

You know what I hate?

edited July 2003 in Miscellaneous
.....that don't even follow their own Message Froums rules! This site has been very good about it. But other places (GameCubeXL is one of them) don't. I mean they say not to post post like "Yea it is cool." Yet in one of my own threads one of the moderators said something to the likeings of "Me too!" I complained and got banned! That site sucks anyways. The only things they are good for is criticising.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2002
    all the forums i have been to are perfect
  • Options
    edited July 2002
    Where have you been? GamCubeXL stinks royally. Do not use their message forums.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    I've ben to allrpg.com's forum and they are horrible. Everybody was so mean.
  • The AthenianThe Athenian Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    britney_fan_2088: i luv ffviii lol i think areis can be reviv!2@!!!

ultimat_hero_12: shuttup she cant

mr.big_3894: it true. i revivved aersi and she comes back to life!!!! lol!! it is a true thing!!! my friend and i did it on teh weekend so screw you!

ultimat_hero_12: proove it hotsnot!

dark_angel_13: i played ffvi she does not com back. but it would be cool if she did lol

barret_34: it is ffvii, not ffvi. and it's "Aeris"

mr.big_3894: shut up bart, this not engish class its free county!@!#@%!!!!@!@!!!

Good ol' internet... But seriously, this forum is heaven compared to those FF Online forums. Er... was I allowed to mention those?
  • KainKain Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    Ugh ffonline (throws up in the back)

*wipes vommit from face*

Yeah this one has probably been the best i've been to in awhile
  • AmethystAmethyst Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    Okay, I am going to be honest...
    This place isn't the best I've ever been to, but I like it nonetheless. I pledge no allegience to any boards, so I won't say any one is best.
    I think FFOnline was..interesting. I sidle on over there just to amuse myself reading posts.
    A place I particularly dislike is Digital Flare....they were okay until recently, but they're becoming very elitist.
    Don't hate me for this, as I tend to dwell on both sides of things, I also like RPGFan too, although they're somewhat too serious and newbies tend to have it hard.
    In all actuallity for me, RPGFan and RPGamer rank up as the best two for me.
  • Darth_yogiDarth_yogi Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    this is deffinately the best forum with over 50 members ive been on, the worst are probably squaregamer and some screwed up one called eturnaldarkness which was supposed to be doing with videogames...
    mcloz forums are good but theres only like ten people there.. the websites damn good too.. (shameless plug..) tounge.gif

does anyone mind i work there.. ok? wink.gif
    www.mcloz.kzoo6.com or www.mcloz.kz006.com
    (i forgot which)
    take it down if you want i dont mind wink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2002
    Final Fantasy Worlds Apart is another good one that tends to keep their th their rules. There is another Final Fantasy one that I am registered in that I cannot think of the name for but that one was really good too! tounge.gif Oh yea! RPGClassics! That site is good but they are missing some major games (cough cough FFIX cough cough)! biggrin.gif
  • AlienaAliena Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    Hey! I'm over on RPGClassics too! But I mainly hang out in the media forum and not much else, though I'll occasionally pop into the other ones.

But yeah, moderators need to practice what they preach, keeping the peace and living by the rules. It's not easy being a mod and sometimes the best people aren't picked. But then alternately, there are some wonderful mods who really do a good job out there. I've been to some boards too, like ya'll are saying, where the people (and mods) aren't very nice. It's like some places being a newbie is like having a bad disease and they always assume the worst of you. *shakes head*
  • Options
    edited July 2002
    I have not been to RPDClassics for ages!! How is it going over there? In fact I think I will go there right now!!
  • StarDrifterStarDrifter Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    You have not experienced message board politics until you've been to the TrekBBS (www.trekbbs.com).

All I can say is...my god.
  • Options
    edited July 2002
    I was very dissapointed last night to find out that RPGClassics Forums are DOWN!!!!! Demons! Death! Murder! Kill kill kill! OK. Just had to get that out. Anyways, how are they there at the TreckBBS or whatever?
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    I actually kinda liked FFO... until my IP address was banned without warning, for NO apparent reason. I guess they somehow found out I was on AOL and was using someone else's email address in the address box... which is sad, since not only is the no-AOL policy moronic, but I'm not even using that sucky ISP anymore.
  • poke32poke32 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    im a big fan of this board but i agree with the moderator "things" sometimes..........
  • ZeroFalcZeroFalc Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Out of any chat room and/or forum I've been to this is the best. Although people needlessly bashing FF7 for slow animations and summons-that-take-too-long bull. There's only one more thing more exciting than this forum, and that's "<span class="spoiler">watching meteor crash into midgar... or so it seems... muahahahahahaha...</span>"
  • valetine_4_evervaletine_4_ever Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Yeah. I recently visted one of the old forums i used to use and it was so mean when i visted it recently! This one doesn't allow flames. Much nicer
  • ArdoArdo Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Metacod @ July 29 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I actually kinda liked FFO... until my IP address was banned without warning, for NO apparent reason. ?I guess they somehow found out I was on AOL and was using someone else's email address in the address box... which is sad, since not only is the no-AOL policy moronic, but I'm not even using that sucky ISP anymore.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I WAS going to join FFO, but didn't because of that no-AOL policy. It doesn't even make sense. I agree, very moronic.

Anyway, I like it here. This is the only place I post at, actually.
  • MithrandirMithrandir Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Other than a comic book forum that is nicely run, the only other forums I've ever really been a part of were AOL boards. But the people there were not nice at all. If you hadn't been a part of the board since 1997, the regulars would not accept you, and only reply to your stuff to insult you. Anyone on AOL can try for themselves. Find the Final Fantasy VII board, and post as a newbie. Chances are good that they're going to be vulgar and rude towards you, and treat you like you're stupid, even if you're not.
  • valetine_4_evervaletine_4_ever Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mithrandir @ July 05 2003,08:01)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"the only other forums I've ever really been a part of were AOL boards. ?But the people there were not nice at all. ?If you hadn't been a part of the board since 1997, the regulars would not accept you, and only reply to your stuff to insult you. ?Anyone on AOL can try for themselves. ?Find the Final Fantasy VII board, and post as a newbie. ?Chances are good that they're going to be vulgar and rude towards you, and treat you like you're stupid, even if you're not.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's why i avoid the AOL forums like the plague.
  • Holy DragoonHoly Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I also used to post at FFO, but nothing makes me madder than having an intelligent argument met with flames. Its been some time since I was last there.
  • TascarTascar Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    It's not exactly a forum. But the Talkback section of Ain't It Cool News is possibly one of the scariest and angriest places on the Net.
  • Yellow 11Yellow 11 Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It's not exactly a forum. But the Talkback section of Ain't It Cool News is possibly one of the scariest and angriest places on the Net. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Even worse than AOL Headline News or Free Republic? That's incomprehensible! Uh, uh, how? Just, HOW?
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I've seen mods who have locked their OWN topics for being "old".
    Kinda like: "Well, no-one has posted in here for the past week, guess I'll just lock it so someone else can make the same topic..."

And slightly off-topic, but try and understand this:
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah but when he got into power the gasope, killing his opption, he hate for all jews!! They say Hilter was a homo and hated that side of him!!

But it wired how history repartes. Because one of the cause for WW2 was Japen entering Chain, weid that started because of a fake terssiot action!! This new war by Bush and Blair started because of 9/11 but they started a war on Iraq without any proff this is tunning out just like WW2!! Only disters waits!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's in a topic about WWI, WWII, and the Nazi Party.
    *Is glad people like that don't come here very often*
    Walken1.jpg
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I am going to try to make an attempt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah but when he got into power the gasope, killing his opption, he hate for all jews!! They say Hilter was a homo and hated that side of him!!

But it wired how history repartes. Because one of the cause for WW2 was Japen entering Chain, weid that started because of a fake terssiot action!! This new war by Bush and Blair started because of 9/11 but they started a war on Iraq without any proff this is tunning out just like WW2!! Only disters waits!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The above is the text you quoted Sin.

The text below is my translation from gibberish to English.

"Yes, but when he came to power, the Gestapo.. (undecipherable)... he also harbored hatred for all Jews.?They say Hilter was gay and he hated that part of himself.

It's weird how history repeats itself. ?One of the causes of World War II was Japan entering China, what's odd about it was that it was over a fake terrorist action. ?This new war that was instigated by Bush and Blair was over a terrorist action as well, namely the September 11th terrorist attacks. ?They then started on a war against Iraq without any proof for the justication that their cause was legitimate just as in World War II. ?Disaster awaits us."

Well that is my (probably innacurate) translation. ?How did I do? ?I am also glad that these morons don't here.

LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • avsavs Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"killing his opption[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Probably 'killing his opposition' ? Maybe... That post was REALLY terrible, I hope his/her English is a 5th or 6th language..

Also, I hate elitist attitudes. You're on a dang MESSAGE BOARD for peete sakes.. You AREN'T the President or some millionaire. I've honestly never understood where the attitude comes from.. But, whatever.

• HummingwayHummingway Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    This is actually the first posting board I have devoted any significant time and energy towards. ?(I?m sure it shows ?laugh.gif ) ?I had thought about signing up for a posting board for a while, but discussion on most boards I saw festered at about the level that Athenian and Sin described. ?(Or worse. ?I agree with Tascar that the AICN boards are just about the lowest level of intellectual and linguistic hell I have ever witnessed.) ?However, I had been getting news from RPGamer for a long time and I even lurked in the boards quite a bit and I finally took the plunge and started shooting off my mouth.

So many people here bring broad-based knowledge, make cogent (and coherent!) points, and really seem to know and care about the topics they are discussing. ?More than that, so many people (maryadavies, TrueGamer, Aliena, Athenian, MonCap, and Rico come immediately to mind, but so many more do a great job as well, and I don?t mean to leave them out) make it a point to welcome newbies (what a concept!) and to keep discussion viable and interesting. ?Even when I made a newbie mistake by starting a thread that had been started several months earlier, littletiger was helpful enough to link me to the old thread and send me a nice PM letting me know why. ?I guess my only point is that we should all really enjoy these boards and the great discussions we can have here. ?It isn?t easy to find places on the Internet that are as smart, fun, and friendly.

• WishIWasAgriasWishIWasAgrias Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    In my years and years of posting at either web-based chat rooms (where you had to refresh all the time) and message boards (that's about 8 years I guess) I've found that just like any offline community, the composition of a message board changes over time. (Grr, cat stepped on the keyboard and deleted half of that last sentence.) I've held great love for communities I don't participate actively in anymore, and stopped the participation because the group dynamic ceased to interest me. I've also been to forums and not gone back because of how mean the people were there.

Additionally, two different people can have entirely different experiences in a forum. I posted at the Penny Arcade boards and got mocked heartily for doing something which a couple years ago was a sensible thing (I posted to Gabe, which used to be what you did - if you want to get in touch, post to Gabe and e-mail Tycho - but that's changed I guess). But a friend of mine posted some at the PA boards and she had no hard time of it at all. (I also think on some boards being of one gender or the other will affect how you're received. All the PA folks assumed I was male, and I think their reaction would've been very different if I prefaced my statements with "I have breasts.")

It's very nice here. Even when people get riled up, it's not a personal thing, and that's something even my favoritest favorite of communities never accomplished.