Welcome to the world of Hallum. Legacy of the Moon Slayer (LotMS for short) is the sixth and final entry to the Hallum series. The series began nearly six years ago, on May 17, 2005. The series has expanded dramatically, and I have seen many players come and go. For returning players, let's finish this. For new players, welcome, I appreciate your interest.
Here's the background for Ch 1: The world of Hallum is in the final stretch of the 20th century of the Age of Peace. The countries of Tana, Autumne, and NIU are highly prosperous and are all part of a supranational entity called United Hallum (along with Rolandd and Allana). The country of Zotta and the Hateshiganai Empire are relatively isolated totalitarian states. Chapter 1 begins in Tana, in the ancient city of Gramtio. The 395th World Martial Arts Tournament is being held. Competitors from around the world gather to take on the ultimate challenge.
There is a LiveJournal
that houses a bunch of archive material. This site be expanded upon over the next two weeks as I add new and updated maps and post a comprehensive history of Hallum (both for players and for characters--that way players will know what is common knowledge for characters and what is not).
Here are key parts of the site (note: this section will grow during the last half of May, and some of the initial hyperlinks will change as upgrades surface):
1. Hallum's Months
2. Hallum's Races: Balanced Races
and Specialized Races
3. Standard Weapon, Magic, and Spirit Classes
4. Magic Disciplines
5. Spell Archive
6. Chance of Spirit Categories
7. Auctoritae Profiles
-All of Hallum
9. Hallum's Elements
10. Hallum Metaphysics
11. Common Historical Knowledge in 20th Century Hallum
• Age: Must be at least pubescent.
• Birthday: See #1 on the above list. Note: Chapter 1 begins in Soli 1, 1980.
• Species: See #2 on the above list. Hybrids are possible.
• Nationality: List the region and country.
• Weapon Class: See #3 on the above list. Unique weapon classes are welcomed. Omit if the character does not use weapons.
• Magic Class: See #3 on the above list. Omit if the character does not know magic.
• Spirit Class: See #3 on the above list. Note: Players must design their own class name for emotional spirits and dual spirits. Omit if the character does not have spirits.
• Job: A short list of the character's recent employment.
• Weapon(s): Omit if the character does not use weapons.
• Magical Discipline(s): See #4 on the above list. Omit if the character does not know magic.
• Spell(s): Denote the level of mastery with the above disciplines. For list of spells, see #5. Omit if the character does not know magic.
• Spirit Category(ies): See #6 on the above list for an idea of likelihood of spirits. Omit if the character does not have spirits.
• Spirit(s): List and describe any unique spirits. Omit if the character does not have spirits.
• Combination(s): List and describe unique abilities formed from combing a spell and a spirit. Omit if the character does not have both magic and spirits. If a character has both but does not have combinations, then use "none."
• Skill(s): List any racial attributes first. List any idiosyncratic moves related to fight style when necessary. Include the character's stats. For stats, start with the racial base stats (if using a hybrid, find the mean of each stat; if a hybrid of a hybrid, determine the parental hybrid stats before determine offspring's hybrid stats). For each stat, apply a -2 (as weak as possible), a -1 (below average), a 0 (average), a +1 (above average), or a +2 (as strong as possible) to the base stats as logical to the character's physique, experience, and style.
• Preference(s): Likes and dislikes.
• Role: Party Member, Ally, or Boss. If unsure of role initially, leave blank for now.
I will happily help out as best as I can with constructing these profiles. I will be working on the maps and nationalities next week, as well as compiling all known Hallum spells. Anytime a major update is made, I'll inform you all here.