If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Big problem here

2»

Comments

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited April 2003
    My pleasure, TG. Just uninstall that KaZaa, get Ad aware, use it to scan yer comp for the last traces of it [that's the problem with spyware, it installs other crapola that doesn't uninstall when the program does, and that's what Ad Aware does...it finds that crapola for you...so ya can KILL it! it's that crapola that causes the ads, see?]

Oh and I hope ya chewed out yer cousin for that stunt wink.gif

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • StomStom Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    You are not the only ones to see the ad, and I have reported it to our ad partners. At the time, I believed it to be a banner ad which spawned the pop-up, and hopefully it will not happen any more.

For any complaints about ads, please e-mail ads@rpgamer.com
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited April 2003
    Sin: Somehow, you're seeing the default template for the boards. I don't even see a setting for someone to change that.. so I'm going to have to think your machine (or your browser provided by the ISP) is doing something really unorthodox.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • Options
    edited June 2003
    I don't know if i missed something or if this forum s*cks?
    I can't start a new topic?!!?!
    And some topics i can't reply on??!
    Why? It seems pretty strange that you
    need to stop people from starting their
    own topics?
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    Hmm, what an odd problem you have. I'm not sure if I can easily explain it, but if I had to give it a name, I'd say the problem would be "people not reading the rules they agree to when they sign up." Specifically, the one that reads:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You will not be able to make a new thread before you have at least 10 posts. Spend some time posting before creating new discussions.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

As for not being able to reply on a given thread, I'd just have to say, well, unless you're trying to reply to a locked thread, there's something wrong with your computer.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    In lieu of starting a new thread, I will post my concern here, although its not really a "Big Problem"

Over the last couple weeks, I've noticed some conflicting information in the PM system in regards to message count.

Currently, (at work) the system tells me I have 20 messages in my folders and can hold 40 more.

If I manually count my messages I do indeed have 20 messages in all my folders.

Oh my laptop at home, if I go into my Messenger, I am told I have 58 messages in my folders and can hold 2 more. If I count them manually, I have only 20 messages... What gives? Is this some sort of Cookie/Session bug? If so, how do I clear it up (without deleting the cookies) on my Laptop?
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    This isn't a new bug, as it's been around from the beginning. It's definitely some sort of bug, but as it hasn't really seemed to cause any major problems, it's just another one on the huge list that's destined to never get fixed.