If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Most hilarious victory

DeshDesh MemberFull Members
edited September 2002 in Role Playing Games
Many battles are made to be funny, but it's the battles that were never meant to be that are the best - victories that never should have worked, for instance. Here's an example that a friend of mine did:

In FFVII, there is the infamous wall boss in the Temple of the Ancients. It's one of the hardest non-optional bosses in the game. A friend of mine was fighting it and found to his horror that when his Cloud and Yuffie did, Aeris had no pheonix downs with which to save them. Then the wall put gradual petrify on her. She attacks with the Princess Guard... and deals over 800 damage to it, something the summons wouldn't do. With two seconds to spare, the weakest character in the game bashes one of the hardest bosses in the game to death. It was great.

What hilarious victories have other people had?

Comments

• MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    You know the Magimaster in FF6 that casts Ultima as it dies? My friend CML killed it and it cast Ultima. Everyone died... except Locke, who survived with 1 HP! Yes, 1!
    Oh, and once I was fighting Metatron in Xenogears, and I beat it with only Fei left, and he only had 26 or so HP (remember, gear max HPs can get over 30,000, so 26 is pretty low&#33wink.gif.
  • ZeroFalcZeroFalc Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Aug. 01 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    When I was fighting SaferSephiroth on FF7 I had Barret, Cid and Cloud all GPetrified, with Barret going first. Barret did Catastrophe, Cid did Ultima and Cloud went stone. First thing that went through my mind was "Holy crap, Cloud's gone. And let's see... items... pheonix down... NOOOOO!!!" Cid went stone. Barret= No MP, 365 HP, No LIMIT, and at the lowest level of the three. "What the heck. If I'm gonna die, I'll do it fighting." Barret physically attacked and killed Sephiroth doing 56 damage.
    On Star Ocean 2 when I was fighting Ilsalma Queen, I had everyone but Leon dead. Leon had no MP and I had no blackberries. I didn't intend to kill he/she/it/asexual so I switched to Ashton and left it there. Leon attacked and killed he/she/it/asexual.
    My funniest moment was fighting Jenova Death (the third one, i think). Tifa and Cid were dead, and Cloud was left with no MP and no ethers. Thank God he had Fire Bracelet or whatever on, because all of the attacks were fire except for one, but I got HP back. I took forever, but was worth it.

Okay, I'll shut up now.
  • Darth_yogiDarth_yogi Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    edea final fantasy eight-
    squall+irvine= dead as dodos
    seifer=dead
    zell=13hp+scilenced+beserk+confused
    edea=seeming to be in good health..
    yogi=screaming at zell to rcover or something
    zell=against all odds attacks, beating edea..
    yogi=stands up and sings victory theme
  • AlienaAliena Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    I had something like that happen to me in FF6, where all my party members were dead except one (the weakest one) who was left with like 50 HP. I thought, "Should I strike or heal?" Well, the boss, whoever it was, was doing more damage with each hit than I could heal, so I figured why not? I went ahead and struck and killed him!!

Another was Atma Weapon. He was acting all big and tough and I had just learned the vanish/doom cheater thing. And I killed him in 2 hits.

Me: Hey Atma! You think you're big and tough? You think so? How you lika dis? (I was getting into the game at that point...lol)
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    One time I was fighting Emerald weapon on FFVII and i was trying to do it earlly in the game with know KOR and he was battering me and i hadn't even hit him then cait sith got his limit, so out of desperation I used it and he did the cait sith face one , which i had never done before in the game then Emerald started to flash red , My bro was there and we just stared at the screen thinking this must be wrong he has like a million HP .....?confused.gif? I was jumping around the room like a school girl on drugs biggrin.gif tounge.gif biggrin.gif
  • AmethystAmethyst Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Just last night, playing Star Ocean 2, I was in the battle with the Synard.
    I was totally out of Ressurection Bottles, my party of Ashton, Celine, Claude, and Rena was all but decimated. Only Rena and Celine still stood. Rena had no MP left to heal, and Celine only had enough for one last Thunderstorm spell.
    I used it in desperation, and lo and behold, the bastard croaked.
    I know the Synard isn't the toughest boss in all So2, but I was at low levels so I was having a hard time.
  • netgrlxnetgrlx Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Sweet victory on Emerald there! I would have probably gotten joker's doom and died wink.gif

My best one was in Final Fantasy 1. All my party except my black wizard had fallen. I had no spell levels left so I pulled a Tonya Harding and just wacked him with my staff.... and he keeled over. The black wizard looked about as shocked as I did. Of course who can forget Tiamat and BANE smile.gif
  • LocrianLocrian Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    You know those super attacks in FF6 that are pulled off once in an enormouse while whenever one character is alive with little life? Well, I've been saved from 2 bosses by that, once with locke's and the other with terra's.
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    I was on the Final Boss of FFIX. Only Steiner was left standing. I couldn't revive other chars because they would be killed instantly by "<span class="spoiler">Necron</span>". I keep doing Stock Breaks to the boss and the boss casts the same spell four turns in a row. Which spell? The reduce HP to 1 spell, of course. I beat FFIX with a physical attack from a character with 1 HP.
  • AngodelAngodel Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    OMG Desh, the same thing happened to me. I was fighting the SAME boss with Cloud, TIFA, and Aeris with no phoenix downs, no ethers, no potions. Aeris was down to below 100 HP and I couldn't heal her...Cloud and Tifa were dead. So, not being able to cast magic, I had to attack with her Princess Guard, and low and behold, it died. I was like "!!!!"

Other funny story was:

Cloud, Tifa, Barret fighting 2nd form of Sephiroth. Cast KoTR, went into kitchen, made sandwich, came back and low and behold, Sephy was dead. smile.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    hehe...

My most hilarious victory actually came less than an hour ago on Chrono Trigger. I mean I've had close battles in other games before, but this takes the biscuit. It was against the Rust Tyrano in Giant's Claw with a party of Magus, Marle and Luca. Luca was dead, Magus had 5MP and 50HP, and Marle had 0MP and 50 HP - these HP decrease by the second in this battle automatically; This meant I only had 50 seconds to beat it. There wasn't much point in reviving Luca, she had 0HP and Revives only put their HP at 50 - a sitting duck for the boss. It was doing its countdown to its Flame Attack, which it had powered up 4 times hence, and I only had 1 piece of Ruby Armour to cut its attack down by 80% - guess who that was equipped on? Luca. biggrin.gif
    Physical attacks were my only way to go, now that's pretty poor considering both characters are magic-based. Marel's attacks were doing ooh..140HP damage and agus 350HP of damage to a boss that could've had anywhere between 1-4000HP left (it starts counting down quicker when you take it below 4000HP). So I was plugging away with them both, the countdown had reached 1, and then Marle does a critical hit for 290HP. The strange thing was, with some bosses in CT they don't just fizzle out or a cut-scene happens; The image was still for what seemed like an eternity un til it said "Gains 2800 Exp." - YES! It took me 4 months to do that - OK, I'd only tried a handful of times but it still took that long in real-time.

And there you have it. tounge.gif
  • Blair PendragonBlair Pendragon Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    The funniest fight, but disapointing, was if FF7 and The second boss, in the next reactor, The music started, Iloved it, Then I was all pumped for battle, when Barret was the first to fight, and so I attack with him, doing over 2000 damage, and the fight was over....WHAT?! That was disapointing... tounge.gif
  • poke32poke32 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    one time in ffx both yuna and lulu were dead and i got the arrows mixed up on ject and attacked my self and i died yup i know and i didnt save previously b4 that either
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Sadly, I don't have any. Oh well, maybe next time...if I'm "lucky". I'm sort of jealous of you guys. Heheh.
  • Brendar&amp;#39;s palaceBrendar&amp;#39;s palace Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    In ff6 I was fighting kefta the last boss where he is a angel of death and everyone was dead but terra I had her morph into a esper. She had approximatley 5 hp left and no mp. Low and behold she did her like secret esper attacked in some kind of despration and I had never seen it before. But she gave kefta a nice kick in the groin and killed him. I think I screamed when I won. My parents I woke them up that they grounded me for a week. But the ending and the killing keft was worth it.
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Malango @ Aug. 02 2002,07:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"One time I was fighting Emerald weapon on FFVII.... with know KOR ?and he was battering me and i hadn't even hit him then cait sith got his limit.... he did the cait sith face one.... then Emerald started to flash red , My bro was there and we just stared at the screen thinking this must be wrong he has like a million HP.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's impossible to kill Emerald Weapon with just a Cait Sith Lucky 7s limit break and nothing else. ?I've seen Cait Sith's Lucky 7s limit break on Emerald Weapon before any terribly major damage had been dealt to him, and he wasn't killed by it. ?You know why? ?Because Cait Sith's Lucky 7s wear out after a certain amount of time, the span of which escapes me right now.

Oh, and my funniest victory came against "<span class="spoiler">Pope whatever his face is</span>" from Grandia 2. ?It was hillarious. ?The guy took a handful of hits and was gone before I could blink. ?What a waste of time that linear game was. ?Yawn.

- Lyniad

• oldnavy_2k2oldnavy_2k2 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    ONE the funniest victorise i had was fighting the second form of Seymore and i poisiond him and in three turns (after a long fight of course) he killed Rikku, about 200 or so HPs taken, Tidus Sliced and Diced and the other thingy metaobsorbtion or somthing 30000 HPs from Seyumore and BOOM hes dead
    "<span class="spoiler">At least until he comes back later on at MT. Gigamesh</span>"
  • AshgadAshgad Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    The Black Dragon near the end of Baldur's Gate 2. I ran into it completely unprepared and it instantly ensnared my entire party with some freakish spell. I couldn't excape. My party members were dying (rather quickly) one by one. So, I ran my main character (an unarmored "kensai" fighter) up and took a few swings in what I was sure would prove to be an exercise in futility. Fortunately for me, he was equipped with the Silver Sword, which has a low, set percent chance to instantly kill whatever it hits. Of course, the two-handed sword only accentuated his incredible vulnerability to attacks of any kind. I should also mention that in BG2 it's an instant game over any time your main character dies.

So, my unarmored swordsman runs up to the dragon. Half of the party is dead, the other half isn't far from it. He swings a couple times with the silver sword, doing pitiful damage. I sigh and prepare to press the "quickload" hotkey. Then the dragon just dies. Guess Bioware forgot to disable the "easy" kills on that particular boss.
  • The Chosen OneThe Chosen One Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2002
    Im using Cloud in ff7 GS Battle Arena. Im on the last bady (that massive snake that breathes you). Anyway.....Im a frog with Item broken so the only thing I can do is attack!!!!

wow.gif

Luckily I have an armlet on that protects me from the only attack the serpent thing does.!! biggrin.gif

So he can't kill me .....and I take off about 80HP of him....plus he has about 30,000+

So I put some sticky tape on the action button and go make a sandwhich smile.gif biggrin.gif tounge.gif

When I come back I realise I just killeda massive Water Dragon type thing as a frog ! tounge.gif
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Lyniad Posted on Aug. 08 2002,02:36

It's impossible to kill Emerald Weapon with just a Cait Sith Lucky 7s limit break and nothing else. I've seen Cait Sith's Lucky 7s limit break on Emerald Weapon before any terribly major damage had been dealt to him, and he wasn't killed by it. You know why? Because Cait Sith's Lucky 7s wear out after a certain amount of time, the span of which escapes me right now.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is possible to kill Emerald weapon in one hit because I did it, it's when you get the cait sith face one ( where the 3 reels make on face) and it killed him in one hit and he full HP,

Can any one back me up on this.
  • The Chosen OneThe Chosen One Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2002
    I can back you up since I was the one who told you its possible to kill bosses with his limit but you have to be SUPER lucky .......and I guess you were. ?smile.gif

?Shame you couldn't do it on Ruby as well eh ? ?tounge.gif