If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (yes, they're using a roman numeral) trailer.

MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything!Full Members
edited May 2012 in Miscellaneous Gaming
[video=youtube_share;x3tedlWs1XY]

Looks like Treyarch is continuing to go down the paranoid scenario rabbit hole. After the numbers station and brainwashed sleeper cells that were the centerpiece of Black Ops' story, Treyarch's going with a pretty simple premise that has to have been pondered in our high-tech culture - What happens if we become dependent on technology for our defense, and the bots get hacked? As someone who's always preferred Treyarch's approach to the series over Infinity Ward's (You may skin me alive now :laugh: ), I gotta admit to being mad curious as to how this is going to turn out.

Oh, and horses. In 2025.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
-Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Comments

• ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Oh, and horses. In 2025.
    well MasterChief to tell you the truth horses have made a comeback for military units who travel through areas that are way too rough for any vehicle to drive through. To put this in context some troops in Afghanistan used them to get closer to the Taliban strongholds in the mountains so I don't think it's that far fetched in a military game.
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2012
    A Call of Duty reveal? Must be spring time.
    Oh, and horses. In 2025.

Crysis 3 has bows and arrows vs. nano-suits. Looks like retro-future is the new buzzword.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    As someone who's always preferred Treyarch's approach to the series over Infinity Ward's (You may skin me alive now :laugh: ), I gotta admit to being mad curious as to how this is going to turn out.

You aren't alone there, I thought the first Black Ops was far better than any of the Infinity Ward games.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2012
    shoptroll wrote: »
    A Call of Duty reveal? Must be spring time.

Crysis 3 has bows and arrows vs. nano-suits. Looks like retro-future is the new buzzword.

You'd think bows would be retro as all hell at this point, but apparently there's still advancements to be made and technology to be developed in the area.

I can see where a quiet bow like this would be ideal for many military situations, especially jungle environments where you wanna kill some dudes without being noticed while not carrying a bulky sniper rifle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Apparently the campaign has choice & consequence mechanics. Uh, ok then.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited May 2012
    I would like to sock whichever Activision executive thought using Oliver North to promote the game was a good idea.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    Apparently the campaign has choice & consequence mechanics. Uh, ok then.

I'm thinking back to when BioWare said they wanted to capture the Call of Duty demographic, has it now become absurd enough that Activision want the Mass Effect demographic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Quin wrote: »
    I'm thinking back to when BioWare said they wanted to capture the Call of Duty demographic, has it now become absurd enough that Activision want the Mass Effect demographic?

I will LOL if they release a Call of Duty with dialog wheels and character skill trees.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Rebochan wrote: »
    I would like to sock whichever Activision executive thought using Oliver North to promote the game was a good idea.

Well, it's been a good long while since Iran-Contra, and from what I understand, Ollie's going to actually be doing some advisory work for the 80s flashback levels.

That said, I gotta agree that there had to be someone better they could have asked for help from...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Man, no one asked where the Contras were getting their money when they were saving the planet from aliens.
  • The Gentleman LoserThe Gentleman Loser New Member Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Funny that they are basically using a convicted war criminal to promote the game, however there isn't to many more people who lived through the 80's black ops dealing then Olly North, I think its actually a pretty cool idea. I LOVED the original Black ops for the cheesy cold war 1960's setting and to have the same thing move over to the 1980's, I am down with that.