If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• sprite nostalgistsprite nostalgist New Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    ^^Titan HM is a tough one (especially if your using DF) but does become easier after practice (I even find it fun now) key is to not panic after the heart phase and not to ***** out weak players cos it just makes them more agitated.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2014
    Well, last night was a giant "HURRAY!" for me. Not only did I finally see a successful completion of Ultima HM in a single attempt, I got the healing ring for my SCH (greeded it and won), and managed to obtain my Zenith for my SCH. Now he's fully decked out and ready to start tackling the harder optional content.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I'm taking a bit of a break at the moment, too.... though It's mostly to wait out the summer and so prevent my computer from exploding than being burned out on the game or anything.

Also since I play pretty much exclusively on Excalibur now, none of you would even notice BUT I'M TELLING YOU ANYWAY.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Planning to venture back into the MMORPG world when this comes out for Playstation 4.
    edited February 2014
    In case you guys were not aware of what's coming in the Through the Maelstrom patch (patch 2.2), we're getting Leviathan primal fight (normal, hard, and extreme), hard modes of Brayflox and Halatali, Extreme mode King Moggle Mog, 4 new turns added to the Binding Coil of Bahamut, and the old Coil Turns 1-5 becoming available in the Duty Finder for use with no time gating on them. The patch will be sometime in March, with our next patch 2.16 coming on the 22th of this month.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • GregDavisGregDavis New Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Hey Delirium Tremens on FFXIV here.... thought I should post something on here. Sorry TwinBahamut that you and your bro are taking a break. It was tons of fun playing with you two. I might take a bit of a break too once I get another CT piece + ilvl 90 piece for my legs/feet unless I can figure out how to tackle Titan HM. There are so many other good games out there right now! I will def be around for 2.2
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Huh, yeah, everyone is on earlier than I am. Maybe I'll just drop in on the weekends... On weekends when I'm not working. (Working this weekend. :( )
    edited February 2014
    2.16 Patch Notes.

I like the new mount/minion roulette option.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, there isn't too much that's really big in that patch, but a lot of it is pretty nice. Minion roulette will certainly make it easier for me to pick a minion. I'm indecisive and have too many of the things.
    edited February 2014
    Those changes to pets are just YES! Especially for Eos, now I don't have to tell her to Obey and then Heel, she'll be Heeling regardless! Plus now I don't have to worry about her not healing people not in my party, she'll do it now. I also love that Chimera and Hydra will be in the DF now too.
  • Shannon HarleShannon Harle qt = π RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2014
    I'm over on Hyperion if any other RPGamers are over there... But even if I'm not on Leviathan, there's still talking patch stuff!

Just waiting for those vanity slots... Because Square said they'd be in 2.2. AND THEY BETTER BE. Because seriously, so done with cowls. I wanna rock Battlemage all the time. ;w;
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS), The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC), Atelier Rorona ~The Alchemist of Arland~ (PS3)
    "I blame myself for underestimating the beast that is sex appeal..." - Agnes Oblige
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    I'm still playing regularly on Leviathan and closing in on the elusive "finale" to the pre-2.2 gear grind. Garuda ring, Ifrit bracelet, and Elven Bow are the only acquisitions remaining. Besides that, I must complete Pharos Sirius. Otherwise, I'm winding down on activities until 2.2 and want to switch my focus to other games.

I've certainly enjoyed my time playing with other members here and will continue to do so post-2.2 if anyone returns to the game. For the time being, though, I rarely see anyone besides Delirium online. Even in his case, I only catch him once every few days. Meanwhile, a FC that hired me to assist their static coil groups due to their lack of equipped and knowledgeable bards has been seeking a more permanent membership on my part. I'm still loyal to the RPGamer community FC, but with the nearly complete inactivity, I may need to temporarily vacate my position in order to work more closely with that other FC for both coil and extreme primals. Nevertheless, I shall return.
    edited March 2014
    Guys, if you haven't done the Hildebrand quests yet, do them now. They've reached a level of hilarious that makes them priceless, not to mention you get to have a Battle on a Big Bridge theme (FF14 version) playing at one point. It's full of many laughs, insanity, and even a few lampshading moments.
    edited March 2014
    ^ Agreed. Two words: Manderville Dance. Coil suddenly became considerably more entertaining with random dance parties while slaying ADS.

Looking back, I'm pleased that I jumped directly into the new Hildabrand quest before pursuing other new content. At this point, I've finished the new main story quests too and am finishing off the new dungeons. I pity those who placed Atma weapons at the top of their priority list. It gives me something to do while waiting in the DF queue, but I can't see making the hunt for Atma ingredients a centerpoint of gameplay. (Still haven't gotten a single piece...)
    edited March 2014
    I was lucky enough to get 8 pieces, 3 of which took me at least 5 hours each to get, the other 5 I got lucky with and got within either minutes or an hour for each individual piece.
    edited March 2014
    My brother and I will be getting back to this really soon. Probably in the next week? Not sure yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with you all then (and maybe finally beat Titan HM!).
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2014
    I'll be back in with the PS4 edition :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited April 2014
    My brother and I will be getting back to this really soon. Probably in the next week? Not sure yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with you all then (and maybe finally beat Titan HM!).

I guarantee that you will be able to complete Titan HM with the new Echo Buff. Whether you appreciate the new mechanic that makes what was once a challenging fight now become painfully easy, the Echo Buff allows even the worst DF groups for be more patient about repeated wipes/attempts.

Also, then new dungeons are fun though not as difficult as the pre-nerf Pharos Sirius. For collecting the new Tomestones of Soldiery, Brayflox HM is the most efficient route. Meanwhile, the Lost City of Amdapor offers the best new gear for vanity purposes.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, not looking forward to that Echo Buff. I hated the thing for the solo instances, and introducing it to Primal battles of all things has really soured me on this patch, to be honest. Well, that and completely replacing tomes of philosophy... I guess this is my first real exposure to the dreaded MMO content treadmill, and I just don't like it. I might get used to it, but I guess it'll take time.

Still, Leviathan and Hildebrand await, so I really need to get playing some more soon. :)
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    I'll be back in with the PS4 edition :)

Same, well really I'll be putting actual effort into playing once that comes out (Vita remote play!)
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited April 2014
    Guess I'm coming back for the PS4 version, too, then. Gotta get all my jobs to 50!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, not looking forward to that Echo Buff. I hated the thing for the solo instances, and introducing it to Primal battles of all things has really soured me on this patch, to be honest. Well, that and completely replacing tomes of philosophy... I guess this is my first real exposure to the dreaded MMO content treadmill, and I just don't like it. I might get used to it, but I guess it'll take time.

Still, Leviathan and Hildebrand await, so I really need to get playing some more soon. :)

The Echo Buff should be like White Tanooki Mario... it's available, but you get to choose whether or not you want to use it. I'd usually like another try at a given solo instance before it super-buffs me.
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Wheels wrote: »
    Same, well really I'll be putting actual effort into playing once that comes out (Vita remote play!)

Whoa...I think you just blew my mind...MMO in the palm of my hand!!

BUT...would we be able to read the text??
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • GregDavisGregDavis New Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Yeah let me know when you all come back. I signed on last night but there still wasn't a lot of activity from our FC. Not sure what to do if I still want to play and that continues to be the case. I'm working through the new content a little bit. Where are you playing Jammy? Would love to still beat Titan HM as well and get my relic!

Delirium Tremens
    edited April 2014
    OH MY GOD YES! I got super lucky a few minutes ago, and now I have equipped on my fists the atma weapon for the MNK class. Feels good man, considering it took 5-6 days of ungodly levels of grinding.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited April 2014
    I'm only 40, what's an atma weapon? I keep hearing people /shouting about them all over the place.
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited April 2014
    New relic upgrade thingy, now with everyone's favourite activity - FATE Grinding.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited April 2014
    ...I actually like FATE grinding. ><
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited April 2014
    Macstorm wrote: »
    ...I actually like FATE grinding. ><
    With 20+ people farming the FATEs in low level areas, you playing mage class so you have to charge up spells? It's hell man, I had to switch to MNK for htem.