If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    So Dark knight is confirmed for 3.0 and he is A TANK so going to main this
    ib29VSoKjfZYem.jpg
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2014
    Oh yeah, I'm back in for this.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited October 2014
    As for me; I'm finally planning on jumping in next month. Was waiting for the latest FF11 expansion to finish, and it's wrapping up next month finally (I hate leaving in the middle of a story, and I wanted XIV to get a bit more content first and the gilseller mess to settle down). Planned server is Excalibur, and I already got my chara picked out. I'll be picking up the game electronically off amazon pretty soon. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    Fanfest was awesome, just fyi. If you're in England, go next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited October 2014
    Mat has started an wont be up for 25 hours, I hear there are hundreds of players logged out in front of the rouge area to be first to get it, thats kind of pathetic.

I aint pugging any dungeons, im not running dual rogue/ninja dps every dungeon. if im not running with a full fc im PFing it

infact i may not play tuesday at all because fixes will be going down and the servers will be loaded with people not to mention psn on ps4 will be updating as well
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited October 2014
    It's a bit sad they're going straight for Rogue. My suggestion is to wait until after you've unlocked all the new stuff and done them first. Because Expert Roulette and Trial Roulette are both locked until you do the new ones, meaning you have to go through the main story (unlocks 1 dungeon and 1 trial) and the Hildebrand questline (unlocks 1 trial) if you want them re-unlocked for easy farming of the new Tomes of Poetics coming out.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited October 2014
    hildebrand complete, if anyone see me on i will help you with the boss fight

and for those how hate the hunts you cant get poetics via hunting a ranks so its only seals and soldery
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Got the day off tomorrow so I'll actually be around for once, yay!
  • TiggsPantherTiggsPanther New Member Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Just in case anyone not currently active isn't aware, there is a Free Login Weekend this weekend.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited November 2014
    After having been back for just a little over two months, a group of people and I were finally able to beat T9 a few days ago. Feels really good and I just thought I'd share it with you all! :)

Note: This is not from my point of view.
    edited November 2014
    Lucky you. I've never beaten any of 2nd Coil, usually due to the fact that the rest of the party (other than me and my two friends) is usually incompetent, and die to stupid things. I've never seen a clear of T6 because of it. :/
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Congratulations!

I only just began learning T9 yesterday with a number of more experienced members of my FC. Though I have yet to find a group to join for completing T7 and T8, the FC wanted me to push onward and work with them towards completing second coil.

Meanwhile, Ninja is fun and I can't believe how SE has managed once again to one-up previous installments of the Hildibrand storyline.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited November 2014
    One of these days i'll actually get round to doing turn 5, ha.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited November 2014
    Only logged in for about 30 minutes, but it was enough to convince me to return for a bit once I finish a review game or two. Unlocked Rogue and got it to 5 just to test it out. Got some nice gear from Aira and Lucas as well as my Fat Chocobo. Life in Eorzea is going to be good again soon.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2014
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Only logged in for about 30 minutes, but it was enough to convince me to return for a bit once I finish a review game or two. Unlocked Rogue and got it to 5 just to test it out. Got some nice gear from Aira and Lucas as well as my Fat Chocobo. Life in Eorzea is going to be good again soon.
    Hahaha! Mission successful! You'd better properly resubscribe soon, then. :)
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited December 2014
    Bah, I've come to the realisation that I'm becoming bored with FF14 again. I unsubbed in preparation for Dragon Age inquisition, but just as well.
    I've grazed all the content I liked and off I go again! I especially enjoyed the atama and animus relic weapon grind but the Nexus defeats me.
    House/Flat decorating, Raiding, PvP, Chocobo rearing, crafting, doesn't do it as much for me.
    I still want to get all the poetics gear but I've learned that there's no shame in taking a break, it feels so fresh when I return.
    Having said that, I discovered my DVD ROM Rewriter drive is knackered, Kaput-ski so now I have to wait for one to be delivered and installed before I can play Dragon Age Inquisition goodness.
    edited December 2014
    The final grind for the final zodiac (new weapon names, Example Excalibur) is going to be the worst grind ever. you think grinding fates for atmas was hard wait till you have to farm dungeons for drops

here it is donr cry it will be ok NOT

*[1] A Ponze of Flesh (Sub Quest) *

Requirements:

Go to Revenant's Toll (22,7) and speak with Papana
    Buy a Bombard Core (Grand Company 20,000 seals), Bronze Lake Crystal (100,000 gil; Junkmonger (26,26) Upper La Noscea), and Sacred Spring Water (1,600 Tomes of Soldiery [Auriana])
    Obtain a Horn of the beast which prowls Dzemael Darkhold (Dzemael Darkhold)
    Obtain a Gobmachine Bangplate from Brayflox Longstop (Hard)
    Obtain a Narashima Hide from Halatali (Hard)
    Obtain a Sickle Fang from Snowcloak
    Obtain a High Quality Furnace Ring (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)
    Obtain a Bundle of Perfect Firewood (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)

*[1] Labor of Love (Sub Quest) *

Requirements:

Go to Revenant's Toll (21,6) and speak with Guiding Star
    Obtain an Allagan Resin (100,000 gil; Merchant (15,29) Southern Thanalan)
    Obtain a Vale Bubo from Aurum Vale
    Obtain a piece of Voidweave from Haukke Manor (Hard)
    Obtain a slip of Amdapor Vellum from the Lost City of Amdapor
    Obtain an Indigo pearl from Sastasha (Hard)
    Obtain a perfect mortar and pestle (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)
    Buy a Bombard Core (Grand Company 20,000 seals) and Sacred Spring Water (1,600 Tomes of Soldiery [Auriana])

*[1] Method in His Malice (Sub Quest) *

Requirements:

Go to Central Thanalan (23,13) and speak with Adkin
    Obtain a vial of tonberry king blood from the Wanderer's Palace
    Obtain a vial of royal gigant blood from the Copperbell Mines (Hard)
    Obtain a vial of kraken blood from Hullbreaker Isle
    Obtain a vial of vicegerent blood from the Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard)
    Obtain a High Quality page of perfect Vellum (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)
    Obtain a pinch of perfect pounce (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)
    Buy a Bombard Core (Grand Company 20,000 seals), Furite Sands (100,000 gil; Merchant (13,16) Coerthas) and Sacred Spring Water (1,600 Tomes of Soldiery [Auriana]) *

*[1] A Treasured Mother (Sub Quest) *

Requirements:

Go to Revenant's Toll (22,6) and speak with Brangwine
    Buy a Bombard Core (Grand Company 20,000 seals), Brass Kettle (100,000 gil; Vendor (29,19) North Shroud), and Sacred Spring Water (1,600 Tomes of Soldiery [Auriana])
    Obtain lost treasure from Amdapor Keep
    Obtain lost treasure from Pharos Sirius
    Obtain lost treasure from TamTara Deepcroft (Hard)
    Obtain lost treasure from the Stone Vigil (Hard)
    Obtain a High Quality tailor-made eel pie (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)
    Obtain a piece of perfect cloth (Desynth aged goods from Silver Bazaar; Craft Item HQ)

[2] FAQ

(1) By completing a dungeon, there is a small chance that you will obtain the associated item.

(2) The Main Quest goes under your Journal under Completed Side Story Quests

(3) It costs 400,000 gil to get the merchant-sold materials (Brass Kettle, Allagan Resin, Bronze Lake Crystal)

(4) It takes 6,400 tomestones of soldiery to gather all of the Sacred Spring Waters

(5) It takes 80,000 grand company seals to gather all of the Bombard Cores

(6) You DO NOT need to equip your relic weapon to get the drops from the dungeons! (4:04AM PST-12/9)

you want to know whats worse WEDDINGS CAN COST REAL MONEY!! $20 for gold and $40 for platinum, standard is free though
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited December 2014
    Well, just pulled the trigger.

I'm a level 16 CNJ right now, going to aim for whm :) See you on Excal if you're there!
    My personal page
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2014
    So I got the new relic weapon today. SE decided to be the ultimate trolls, and add a 1.4% chance to turn your Nexus into a materia (not sure what this is), destroying your Nexus in the process. I really hope the community doesn't let them get away with this bs. EDIT: Now that Im reading a little bit more, some people are saying this is poorly used joke by SE and it will complete 100% of the time, or that the Materia is actually going to be useful for the next relic step (lol) and therefore desired. Unfortunately I didnt take the time to read everything the NPCs said. :P

Attachment not found.
    edited December 2014
    You're stronger than I Chicken, I've given up on the Relic. The second they added desynth as a requirement, it became a no-go for me. You need 2-6 mil per piece if you want to buy the pieces themselves for the quests, and the crafters on this server like to charge 500k per desynth attempt for the items. I'm not made of money, the most I've ever held is 1 mil, which went into the FC when we wanted a bigger house. I will not be completing this relic quest, and it's put a damper on me even wanting to continue playing the game.
    edited December 2014
    I love FF14 but not enough to grind for the relic quest past the animus books bit.
    I agree with you DarkRPGmaster but I don't think you should let it ruin your enjoyment of the game.
    For gearing, the latest armour poetics armour set and various other weapon options are pretty adequate for any but the toughest content.

Chickengod, that is one sadistic joke haha, but congrats on your weapon. I'm just speculating, but perhaps there is a seed of truth to the rumour and what they plan is on a quest to change your precious relic weapon into a pretty effective materia for the next series of awesome relic weapons to go with the higher level cap etc in Heavensward update.
    I am almost certain that there will be another weapon option in the that update for casual players ot get excited about, because that would be a sensible move.

But I salute and support the people who actively do the rest of the Relic weapon quest. But I choose what's right for me, and that's use the time to do stuff I enjoy more.
    I have bought the Shadow of Mordor plus dlc presently on steam sale for PC woot! But as usual, I will not play immeditely (hehe).
    edited December 2014
    Okay, I've unlocked whm. Haven't really used it yet; folks in the CTY FC are really helpful and have been helping me with gear.

Right now slowly grinding up THM b/c I don't have enough allowances for leves, trying to let them build up again, then i'll slam it to 16, then do dungeons a lot to get it to 30 for swiftcast, then I'll get back to leveling my whm. I'll get screens later guys if you're curious. ^^

Oh and if there is anyone besides me on Excal or on that server group, let me know! I wouldn't mind arranging some playtime. ^^
    My personal page
    edited December 2014
    wont be playing until sony resolves the attacks and i can log into psn again, somehow i was able to play last night despite not being on psn but now i cant get in at all
    edited January 2015
    Managed to get the Zodiac after a week of trying since the prices of all the HQ desynth items dropped to manageable levels on Exodus (about 200-400K). So now me and my friend Sneering Blaze now have the Zodiac weapons, and a tear was shed at the FF theme playing while it was given to us. But sadly, the Zodiac weapons, at least the MNK and WHM ones anyway, are ugly as hell. Here's a pic of us with them.

B6PG8owCYAEuVje.jpg:large
    edited January 2015
    Yesterday- 11th January I finally downed the Garuda Extreme primal encounter with the rest of RA guild on Leviathan.
    Was so chuffed! I'm a terrible slacker , far from the raiding crowd, but the guild really exerts no pressure on me.
    Thanks to Jammy Dodger for his really clear explanation of the mechanics and the rest of the raid team for patiently waiting for me to fight against my denser moments and claw my way to victory(by not dying so much).
    But Twintania and the "Dive" mechanic and figuring how to time the AOE avoid I am still not getting it but also too scared to try.

Right on Sev, I have Bahamut on the brain because I recently watched a very mediocre anime named Rage of the Bahamut, Genesis. I checked further and found it was based on a social card game -,-; thanks for the save.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2015
    (Psst, we're on Leviathan not Bahamut) :P
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited January 2015
    I've managed to max out all the gathering classes and all the crafting classes are over level 30. Culinarian and Goldsmith are maxed, and I'm working on maxing out Leatherworker next. It's quite nice being able to repair my own equipment anywhere, and Goldsmith lets me do that to my accessories, meaning there shall never be a time when they break if I can help it.
    edited January 2015
    Balance wrote: »
    Yesterday- 11th January I finally downed the Garuda Extreme primal encounter with the rest of RA guild on Leviathan.
    Was so chuffed! I'm a terrible slacker , far from the raiding crowd, but the guild really exerts no pressure on me.
    Thanks to Jammy Dodger for his really clear explanation of the mechanics and the rest of the raid team for patiently waiting for me to fight against my denser moments and claw my way to victory(by not dying so much).
    But Twintania and the "Dive" mechanic and figuring how to time the AOE avoid I am still not getting it but also too scared to try.

Right on Sev, I have Bahamut on the brain because I recently watched a very mediocre anime named Rage of the Bahamut, Genesis. I checked further and found it was based on a social card game -,-; thanks for the save.

gah im behind now DARN YOU DRAGON AGE. Congrats on the win though i will see you all soon
    edited January 2015
    Well, I've started my relic journey. Just got the second stage relic weap done, since i really need to fix my gear. I'll keep plugging at it. :)
    My personal page
    edited January 2015
    Oh boy you can buy ilv 130 upgrade items for 2000 or 3000 allied seals you know what that means

ITS HUNTING TIME!!