If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

"A Year of..." 2015 Preliminary Poll

redwing42redwing42 Just MonikaFull Members
edited November 2014 in Role Playing Games
Here are the options for 2015's "A Year of..." series. This is a multi-answer poll, so feel free to vote for any themes you would be interested in participating in. Feel free to discuss the themes in thread as well, but don't get too heavily down the road of discussing individual games just yet. Thanks.

Comments

• CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited November 2014
    Ooh, I didn't notice it when I voted, but Best Villians could be a great theme.
    Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    edited November 2014
    I voted for a Year of Indies... Although this will inevitably spark the debate of how exactly one defines an indie game, many of the other categories will also be somewhat up for debate. The advantage of choosing indie RPGs is: they are games that likely many of us haven't played yet... They're likely to be a lot cheaper than AAA titles. (Perhaps we could even choose some titles that are part of upcoming humble bundles to help in that regard). In the case of indie RPGs on the PC/ Mac, the system requirements are generally low. And as I've mentioned before, it seems rather pointless to have "a year of ultra-popular RPGs" as people are probably going to discuss those at some point anyway.

Anyway, I have a number of suggestions if indies ends up winning the poll.

Dark / Serious RPGs or Strategy / Tactical RPgs also sounds potentially good to me.

The problem I see with the "best of" categories s it will just lead to us picking our favorite games, which will likely mean a lot of the ultra popular titles / series, which most of us have probably already played, which completely defeats the purpose of doing a "year of RPGs" in my eyes.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Poll expires tomorrow, if anyone else would like a say.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Honestly, I'm not so sure about "best villains". I think it would be easier to nominate and come to an agreement on the "Best of x" which must be based on multiple factors, rather than trying to go through the same process with a single element of a game (villain). Besides, I would be willing to bet that many of the "best villains" would show up in the "serious/dark RPGs".

Guess I should've brought that up in the discussion thread... oops.