If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Star Ocean 5 Gets English in Trailer

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
After many trailers leading up to the game's Japanese release featuring Japanese dialogue, Square Enix has some English voice acting to accompany one of the game's older trailers. Along with some new screenshots, more Star Ocean info is making its way over.

[Story]

Comments

• Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but this isn't looking that bad. Fingers crossed?
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    Every Star Ocean game tends to look great. But after the last few installments on console, this title would have to review/score 5/5 for me to even consider purchasing.
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    scorpio_7 wrote: »
    Every Star Ocean game tends to look great. But after the last few installments on console, this title would have to review/score 5/5 for me to even consider purchasing.

id be pleasantly surprised by a 3.5/5, frankly. A 5/5 probably wouldnt happen based on the visuals alone. Still has that creepy china doll syndrome going on, though not nearly as pronounced as SO4 was.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    There most likely will be King, this IS Star Ocean we're talking about.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Actually they departed from the concept after SO3. You could get all the characters in SO4, you just didn't use them all at once
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Sam = WiseSam = Wise Member Full Members
    I am going to cry when this is released in the UK, I'm so happy the series is getting another chance ;A; I am super excited for the whole 'every character in every battle' thing too, it reminds me of Infinite Undiscovery which was another triAce game I adored despite its flaws
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Sam = Wise wrote: »
    I am going to cry when this is released in the UK, I'm so happy the series is getting another chance ;A; I am super excited for the whole 'every character in every battle' thing too, it reminds me of Infinite Undiscovery which was another triAce game I adored despite its flaws

A game I really wanted to go back to I think I went through that game to quickly as I ran into things from the story mode that quickly kicked my moo earlier then I probably should have
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2016
    Actually they departed from the concept after SO3. You could get all the characters in SO4, you just didn't use them all at once
    No wonder it wasn't considered good. /joking
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    edited March 2016
    oops wrong thread.
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I'm unsure about the combat.