If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Project Setsuna's English Title Revealed

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
A number of suggestions were bandied about for Project Setsuna English title. However, few out there could've predicted the one finally chosen by Square Enix.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• TyphaonTyphaon Member Full Members
    I am loving the recent string of releasing games on PC and console.
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.
  • SweetieAsheSweetieAshe qt = π RPGamer Staff
    The game coming out on Steam is great but... Where did they get this title... o.o

Kinda wanna make a photoshop of the I Am Legend poster with "I Am Setsuna" now.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS), The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC), Atelier Rorona ~The Alchemist of Arland~ (PS3)
    "I blame myself for underestimating the beast that is sex appeal..." - Agnes Oblige
    Yeah not sure about the title. Still interested in the game though.
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2016
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited March 2016
    Sorry Fowl, that joke is a woosh for me because I'm unfamiliar with Gundam (or whatever that is).

What does Setsuna mean?
    http://jisho.org/search/setsuna
    Okay, that didn't help. Gaijin, a little help here, please? Is it somebody's name?
    I am temporary / transient / fleeting?
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited March 2016
    I got it.
    I am buying this game.
    Most likely.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited March 2016
    Sorry Fowl, that joke is a woosh for me because I'm unfamiliar with Gundam (or whatever that is).

What does Setsuna mean?
    Okay, that didn't help. Gaijin, a little help here, please? Is it somebody's name?

Buddhist concept of of exactly that. That things are only a moment and not permanent. Like the shortest moment possible.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Oh man, I can't wait to get my han... no Vita? :cry:
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff

What does Setsuna mean?

It is both the main heroine's name and likely a reference to the Buddhist concept of kṣaṇa (as mentioned in that link). From that page, the first, third, and fifth meanings are most likely to be relevant, though I doubt many Japanese people would really get the references either. Game developers just like to do stuff like that (cf. Nayuta no Kiseki as just one example).

• Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    Highly disappointed to see the Vita version not receiving a Western release.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    The Vita version not being released outside Japan probably means Square won't bother to patch the vita game to fix the horrendous load times. I guess I should just deal with the version I have...
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I'm trying my best not to whine about the loss of the Vita version, but there are some games that I really prefer on a portable and Setsuna looked like one I'd be much more likely to play and finish on Vita. Oh well, tack it on to the giant list of games that are coming out this year.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Yeah, the awful load times are probably the reason no Vita. I've heard 10+ seconds just moving between areas? Really ridiculous stuff.

Fine by me, though. I'm super stoked for a PC version. Really liking this PC trend lately. It's rapidly become my preferred platform.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Yeah, the awful load times are probably the reason no Vita. I've heard 10+ seconds just moving between areas? Really ridiculous stuff.

Fine by me, though. I'm super stoked for a PC version. Really liking this PC trend lately. It's rapidly become my preferred platform.

I agree fully with you on the PC deal.
  • TaikaTaika Member Full Members
    Add me to the choir of those glad it's coming to PC! An SSD should make quick work of the load times, at least if it's done well. Trails in the Sky was amazing like that.
  • GaborPivarcsiGaborPivarcsi HungaryFull Members
    "Vita version will not be coming to the West" is not entirely correct. According to an interview with USGamer, they're considering the vita localization if the interest is wide enough. So tweet them in the face! :-)

Source:
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/i-am-setsuna-director-wed-consider-the-vita-version-for-the-us
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    Disappointed about no Vita but this is Square Enix we're talking about. They do one good thing and then mess up something else. I'm also disappointed about the localized title of the game.