If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Review - Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

2»

Comments

• AiddonAiddon Member Full Members
    If you took the last few comments and made them into an SO5 private action skit, it would have had more substance than most of them.

No kidding; they seem to have taken a quantity over quality approach with them and it doesn't really work.
  • TheLastRemainingTheLastRemaining Blountville TNFull Members
    Very well stated review. I'm right at the end and very much enjoying the game. It shines in some areas, while others are dull like you noted. In no way is it great, in no way is it bad. It's enjoyable. Which is good because I wanted to like it after not caring for the PS2 one. I took offense at IGN calling it miserable. Very fair score given and backed up with solid points.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    Halfway point and I've had enough. The few things that work just aren't enough to outweigh all the bizarre design decisions that constantly grate me, the most bizarre of which is giving you a fast travel system - something the game sorely needs - only to remove it one dungeon later. Might listen to the music from time to time though.
  • PretzelPretzel New Member Full Members
    I was extremely excited to see another SO game come out back when it was announced in Japan way back when. Sadly, Japan got it on PS3, but since they decided the PS3 was apparently dead in the US, we ended up with a PS4 port instead. More sadly, this has kept me from playing it as I'm pretty much a poor single father raising a teen lol. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a PS4 and SO sometime around when the PS5 and SO6 come out :-p