The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Replaying or playing old JRPGs for the first time

I recently ebayed and emulated a bunch of JRPGs and action RPGs, mostly ones I missed out on in order to catch up on classics I missed.

I ebayed Star Ocean: The Second Story, Breath Of Fire 3, Guardian's Crusade, Jade Cocoon, Legend Of Legaia, Shadow Madness, Paper Mario TTYD, Legaia 2, Dark Cloud, Okage, and Jade Cocoon 2

I emulated too much stuff to name, but heres a few; Lufia 1&2, Phantasy Star 1-4, Ys 1-3, Golden Sun 1&2, Crystalis, Glory Of Heracles 2, and Dragon Quest 1-3(SNES)

As an indie developer, I'm playing through a lot of stuff I missed for research purposes, but mostly for fun as well. I was just wondering if anyone else is having a long running marathon, because so far this year, Ive played nothing but JRPGs.

Comments

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Yeah a friend and I tring to finish some old game that we did not finish too!
    Last month we did Shining Force CD, this month we doing Earthbound.

You got a lot of nice good old game in there. many hour of play!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • Ombres wrote: »
    Yeah a friend and I tring to finish some old game that we did not finish too!
    Last month we did Shining Force CD, this month we doing Earthbound.

You got a lot of nice good old game in there. many hour of play!

Sweet! I always wanted to play through Shining: The Holy Arc, just gotta figure out the Saturn emulator. Which Earthbound you playing through?

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    I played the first 10 hours and then gave up because it is too grindy. I actually have this problem with all FPDCs. They get too grindy in the later parts.
  • I played the first 10 hours and then gave up because it is too grindy. I actually have this problem with all FPDCs. They get too grindy in the later parts.

Didnt know that, I just assumed it played the same as Golden Sun, but with a FP view.
    edited November 2016

Sweet! I always wanted to play through Shining: The Holy Arc, just gotta figure out the Saturn emulator. Which Earthbound you playing through?

I did have a lot of fun playing Shining: The Holy Arc back then, a friend did lend me it and ask me to map it all, I did and manage to get 100%.
    I am playing the only one that we got here, Mother 2.
    sig.gif
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    Ombres wrote: »

That's not true anymore. We now have Mother 1 as well.
  • Ombres wrote: »

I did have a lot of fun playing Shining: The Holy Arc back then, a friend did lend me it and ask me to map it all, I did and manage to get 100%.

If you have a Wii U, you can play Earthbound Zero, beware though, its as tough as a rock without save states or sped up grinding

ah good to know, but I don't have a Wii U
    sig.gif