If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Atlus Announces More Persona Spin-offs

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Now a new Persona game is fresh in everyone's minds, Atlus is busy preparing some new spin-offs. In addition to more Etrian-style dungeon-crawling, there be will some extra nights of dancing.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Meh. Not particularly happy with this. I didn't bother with those spinoffs for P4 and I won't for P5. I'm just not very into dancing games and Etrian-style dungeon crawling does not appeal to me either. I wish they would be a bit more original with the spinoffs, but failing that, I'd still prefer a fighter over these.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • MyopicMirrorMyopicMirror Full Members
    Awesome news! A bit surprised they are releasing P5 dancing already though as I figured it would need more spinoffs before it had enough songs to fill a game, I guess it will be a ton of remixes and DLC.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    I'm totally loving Persona Q, so I'm excited about more. My wife, on the other hand, adores P4Dancin'. So we both win out with this announcement.

I feel like Persona Q merges some of the best parts of both games. The combat feels more solid to me than either EO (at least the 2 I played) or Persona 3 or 4. It really keeps me engaged. I enjoy the growth and persona sub systems... and the fact that everyone, including the Main Characters, are essentially wild cards while retaining their individual, trademark personas. I was never a fan of EO's leveling system of choosing skills with very shallow descriptions** that locked you in (unless you were willing to regrind 10 levels for a talent reset). PQ allows you to experiment with different Personas, skills, etc to figure out what works best for you. Light and Dark spells actually play a good role here! I get to draw maps, which I really like about EO. I love the music in PQ...it definitely oozes Persona charm. For me, the only significant negative is the pacing, which seems to be a hallmark of all EO games. It's slow. You know you're in for a long ride with these games.

I can't wait to see what they do with PQ2. I love how the PQ2 logo looks like the P5 logo, but just more cartoonized.

(** Like "Fire Dmg ++" ... what does that mean? Does it go up 5%, or 50%? Will Fire damage be useful in the late game, or will I run into a lot of fire resistant enemies? So, I'll make a decision and get locked in with little information! EVIL! )
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • ScionScion RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Meh. Not particularly happy with this. I didn't bother with those spinoffs for P4 and I won't for P5. I'm just not very into dancing games and Etrian-style dungeon crawling does not appeal to me either. I wish they would be a bit more original with the spinoffs, but failing that, I'd still prefer a fighter over these.

Arc System Works is probably betting quite a bit on DBZ, which could be eating into their Persona 5 Arena work. Though I did like DAN and will likely get these two as a goodbye to the Vita, I would also prefer a fighter as well. They seemed a bit meatier with the content available.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I would shove money at these faster then they can be released. OMG I want them so bad.

Also both P4 spins off P4 Dancing and P4 Arena are actually considered cannon.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool