If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ni no Kuni II Goes Gold, Gets More Footage

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Barring any further delays, Ni no Kuni II is just a month away from launch. Just in case you hadn't seen enough of the game already, there is new Roland-heavy gameplay footage and a behind-the-scenes video focusing on the game's kingdom mode.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• divinealdivineal californaiFull Members
    feels like they are hyping it too much
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Well they have me hyped. But I was also one of the few who had no problems with the first one and loved it so much.
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    Well they have me hyped. But I was also one of the few who had no problems with the first one and loved it so much.

I don't know, I remember most of the reception being positive. Personally, I didn't care for the battle system and that really brought it down for me. However, the combat tweaks have me interested; it's not a day one, but I'm following it.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    jscarpe wrote: »

I don't know, I remember most of the reception being positive. Personally, I didn't care for the battle system and that really brought it down for me. However, the combat tweaks have me interested; it's not a day one, but I'm following it.

It’s not well regarded here or on another big rpg fansite. Which is fine, I hold to the idea that if I’m an outlier, that’s fine and a game found a rare spot with me. I would display my weird ability to remember everyone’s opinions and list the seven or so people on this site who dislike it, but I’ve done enough strange things for now.
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    jscarpe wrote: »

It’s not well regarded here or on another big rpg fansite. Which is fine, I hold to the idea that if I’m an outlier, that’s fine and a game found a rare spot with me. I would display my weird ability to remember everyone’s opinions and list the seven or so people on this site who dislike it, but I’ve done enough strange things for now.

Oh, it's not that popular with the RPGamer staff, though there is a podcaster who's fond of it and looking forward to the sequel. It did have a really good reception generally, has an 85 on Metacritic and that's what I was thinking of when I said that. That game with its stunning graphics and musical score makes a great first impression; so I get why people like it. I have a couple of friends who swear by that game and love it, but they also really dig the monster collecting and raising mechanic and Its rare for me to like those sorts of games.