If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Alliance Alive Demo Released, Yakuza 6 Demo Removed

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
A tale of two RPG demos makes the rounds this week. Though The Alliance Alive's demo release appears to have gone off without a hitch, the same cannot be said about Yakuza 6's.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Well, I know what the first topic of conversation on next week's Q&A Quest is going to be.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 2018
    deleted.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    I want the game, but digital only means I'll pass.
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Nim wrote: »
    I want the game, but digital only means I'll pass.

Both of these games have physical versions and Yakuza has 2 or 3 different special editions.
    If I'm remembering right from previous threads, I think Nim's from Europe, which isn't getting the physical release (?)
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited March 2018
    I've just started the AA demo and wow. Much more engaging to me than LoL. Curious if it ever gets stupid hard. Also, what happens when you die with one of those retry stones?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    If you run out of orderite (or whatever it's called in the translation), you end up in a limbo-like place where you can gather some. Or at least that's what happened the first and only time it actually happened to me, on the final boss of the game. You generally pick the things up faster than you use them, and there are actually a few spots to farm them later on. The final boss, of course, has attacks that target the things directly >_<
    Difficultly pretty manageable for easy st folks?
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    There will be certain major bosses that provide a large challenge, so it pays to use the main save slot for "safe" locations before a major dungeon and using the quick save slot for the regular saves. The toughest epic battles are all pretty late into the game, though. There are also four major super-beasts that you have to deal with for a set of plot keys, but the game actually gives you the option to negotiate with them (if you don't mind things like having a powerful weapon on loan or renaming your vehicle in honor of the "gracious" nightmarish monstrosity who's helping you).
    Oh, so what's the difference between the saves? I think I've only used the quick save so far, but I'm used to those deleting, which isn't isn't doing.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    If I'm remembering right from previous threads, I think Nim's from Europe, which isn't getting the physical release (?)
    That's exactly it. I'm not in the mood to buy more memory for a system that I am slowly retiring. I still hope everyone who buys it ends up enjoying the game.
    Finished the Alliance Alive demo and really ended up enjoying it. Felt more structured, yet still unique like a SaGa game.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    It's probably the most structured SaGa-like game in a long time.