If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lufia: The Legend Returns - Review

Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: KirinAdministrators
The third Lufia game was at one point going to hit Sony hardware, but instead wound up on the Game Boy Color. Seventeen years after its initial release, the time has come to see what it looks like from a current perspective.
Go forth and dungeon crawl!
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    I worry when you hurt yourself with bad games.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    I was fine with the game when it first came out, but I don't think I could ever replay this game. The things that suck about the game I could deal with back then, but not sure I'd want to suffer that now willingly.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Still better then the "remake" of the second
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I remember trying this game, back in the days where I could stop by a games store and see how many GBC titles I could pick up for 1000 yen.

It may or may not have gotten sold back the following month for pennies on the dollar.
  • TheMooseTheMoose Member Full Members
    Too bad Taito, Natsume, Neverland, or Square Enix never published other Lufia remakes.

For starters, Square Enix should produce a Lufia remake for the PS4 called "Lufia - The Legend Returns" as long as its not similar to "Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals".
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Sadly SE killed Lufia with it's remake of Lufia 2
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool