If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Alliance Alive Arrives on 3DS

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
edited March 2018 in Latest Updates
Another title launching this week is The Alliance Alive. The latest spiritual successor to the SaGa series, the game is out now for 3DS in North America and Europe.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    May the SaGa be with you
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    I played the demo and have to say I enjoyed it. I did not enjoy Legend of Legacy, nor did I enjoy where the Saga series ended up in Unlimited Saga.

But this game definitely improves upon the older titles - the storyline seems decent in a general sense, the SP system feels much improved (it seems to regenerate as you walk or battle, wasn't quite sure, but definitely better that you don't just run out of SP), Skills Activate WAY quicker or easier than any previous saga title or legacy. Also the few puzzles I was faced with were pleasant without feeling punishing or frustrating.

If anyone has enjoyed previous titles in this style - I recommend giving the demo a whirl and try it out.
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    scorpio_7 wrote: »
    where the Saga series ended up in Unlimited Saga.

Unlimited Saga is more of an offshoot and not really a main SaGa title.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    Wheels wrote: »
    scorpio_7 wrote: »
    where the Saga series ended up in Unlimited Saga.

Unlimited Saga is more of an offshoot and not really a main SaGa title.

Cool I did not realize that. Either way it put a sour taste in my mouth for anything "saga" afterwards.

The demo for this game remedied that.
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Quite understandable. If you want something better (though still quite different from The Alliance Alive in many interesting ways), look up Romancing SaGa 2 and Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song sometime.