If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

More Episodes Revealed for Final Fantasy XV

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
We already knew that Square Enix was far from finished with Final Fantasy XV, and now have some more details. Four new episodes will arrive in the first half of 2019.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I'm down for these, but not until 2019? Ouch.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    Macstorm wrote: »
    I'm down for these, but not until 2019? Ouch.

Yeah, I thought it would be split across 2018 and 2019, not pushed all back to next year. Four episodes are a lot of content to create, and it took all of 2017 to roll out the three episodes that we already got. When it was earlier announced that the episodes would spill over to 2019, I thought that made sense. Now I am worried if they can deliver all four episodes in the first half of 2019--sounds impossible. I figured that we would see Episode Ardyn released at the end of May, and then see the next ones comes out every 3-5 months. Hope this doesn't mean that the game won't be finished until 2020.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    I'm glad they're letting the game end with such a big bang of episodes. I'm looking forward to all of these, and I'm hoping we get a true feeling of a finale by the end...because by the crystal it feels like they're building to it.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    so the game took ten years to release, and won't be finished until the death of the console generation. maybe.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    so the game took ten years to release, and won't be finished until the death of the console generation. maybe.
    Considering how graphics can't get any better than this (or so it feels like), I think the consoles will last another...5 years.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    edited April 2018
    I don't think graphical improvements have really driven console releases for the past couple generations. At this point consoles are released because it's part of the business model, regardless of whether there's any technological call for it. I doubt PS5 will be released later than 2020. They'll come up with something to justify a new console because that's what they want. Ever since they stopped selling consoles at a loss, this was inevitable.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    So the royal edition isn't even complete. I guess there might be an extra royal edition once it's all said and done with.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    That's why they didn't call the royal edition the complete edition.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    I will be interested in replaying it once all is said and done. Won't need to think about that for a while though. Kind of curious how Comrades is, but not enough to actually go and try it :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • MatejaMateja Full Members
    edited April 2018
    do these episodes feel really disjointed, convoluted, and irrelevant to anyone else? I couldn't care less about DLC. maybe if the game was actually done and all these stories dove tailed nicely into soliloquy and side stories etc. throughout the game and not on the end. like FF6 (which already kind of annoyed me. I like to stick with 1 main character personally). after 10 years of dev they made 50% of the game in a year. then hurried the rest in another year. then tacked on all this DLC to exploit these assets and make it mean something more like it always should have been, but now feels like a fractured collage. 1 decent game. and 10 tiny games on the side. and I say this as a die hard SE fanboy apologist. maybe someday in 2040 when i'm nearly 60 the ultimate edition will remix it all together again in an appealing way that begins to makes sense... but at what cost lol.

just MOVE ON to final fantasy xvi please. and stop remaking games that aren't even done yet... (14, 15). dumb down the graphics a bit, bring back world map, manual flight, manual chocobos, submarines, mermaids, robots, undead, unicorns, dragons, growing up into master classes, warping, teleportation, flying castles, and some crazy outer space excursion / end game zones and bosses. then it will be final fantasy again. somehow they did that in ff1 on 8 bit Nintendo.

in other news dragon quest XI looks amazing (sept 5). first complete main line good looking offline game they've made since … dragon quest 8, or final fantasy 9, imo. that will be a nice change. (12 was good yet, again, somehow 8 bit ff1 felt more open and spacious). pretty sure next gen isn't supposed to mean of people. lol