If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

1271272273274275277»

Comments

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 21
    Hokay. Thought I'd ask you guys.

My little nephew is interested in games, it seems. He really likes my Steamed Sonic CD; I was thinking of introing him to the original Zelda since he's too young to read much and I think you dun need to read to enjoy that.

Anyone got some good ideas to show that 4-5 year old? Rather get some ideas on what to look out for on Steam sales for him for when he's over. :) Mind, most of mine are RPGs (which for now he's not allowed to touch since I hate reading the subtitles/text for him and I'd rather he was able to read them for himself, which won't happen for 2-3 more years), so I guess I need to find a few platformers and puzzle games that a 5 year old would get..Tho i stink at platformers.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    Well, this is a little trite, but how about a Tetris variant? You've probably already considered it, though...
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I'll look one up, one that's well rated :) I don't want crashy and that'd annoy both me and the nephew.
    My personal page
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    He might like Puyo Puyo which is a fun puzzle style Tetris battle game. Katamari Damacy Reroll is another good one. There's not too much reading and the game is a lot of fun and easy to follow. :)
    Good ideas Raina. I also got some platformers wishlisted, waiting on a good sale since well..I don't have a lot of money either. But the cheaper ones I might be able to slowly pick up before summer.
    My personal page
    Oh, sorry about the double post (that's been happening lately b/c it's so slow) but I got some good news ^_^

As of tomorrow, I'm kissing the second of my hbc meds GOODBYE if my bp stays down the next couple weeks. BIG WIN!
    My personal page
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    That's great news, Mary! Here's hoping!
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Less meds sounds really good!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    Well, doctor called since we're doing the blood pressure thing by remote (I have my own monitor)

Well, I'm officially off the metropropol and now we're working on getting rid of the third..a water pill. Goodbye hbp meds! And a big win for me. REALLY big win. And :P at the doctor's assistant that tried to put me on a cpap; it's obvious now what the problem was!
    My personal page
    Phew! And congrats! It's good to have fewer reasons to go to the pharmacy.
    - Mark Twain
    edited March 26
    Okay, two wins now. (I guess I'm just posting wins?)

Thanks to a FFXIV friend (not naming names) I managed to bargain some Cedar Fair Amusement Park chain single day tickets (We don't live near any of those parks; my friend doesn't either so he was glad to help) that me and him won from a Coca-Cola contest into 2 Six Flags over GA season passes.(We do live near there!) Since that also gets you tickets to Six Flags Whitewater, I'd say that was a steal and me and Shadowcat are going to have some real FUN this summer.

Oh and obligatory old commercial:

Also when me and 'Cat went out hunting bathing suits; I found a very rare unicorn of one. A MODEST TWO PIECE. I haven't ever seen modest tankinis in the store; usually Sis makes those for the nieces. Man, that's going to be nice when I erm, have to visit the little girl's room..(Poor Shadowcat had to go to 3 stores before he found him a bathing suit, sadly.)
    My personal page
    That does sound like fun, for people who aren't me. I don't care much for the sun. Hisssss. :P

But this is about you guys, and I hope you both have crazy amounts of fun this summer. :)
    - Mark Twain
    Well, one more HUUUGE win to crow about..

As of tomorrow, I AM OFFICIALLY OFF ALL HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS. As long as it stays down for two weeks, I'll prolly be making a trip to the courthouse to get rid of 'em for good. YAY!
    My personal page
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    That's great news, Mary!
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

You have leveled up!
    - Mark Twain
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Well I am almost glad they don't give us the snes on the switch, I already losing way too much time with the nes game, I could just imagine how much time I could spend on good old game of my youth on the snes...
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
    Woops forgot to mention this.

I'M OFFICIALLY OFF ALL HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS NOW! Haven't had a chance to get rid of the pills though but it means I'm only on a thyroid med and a multivitamin (Which I'd take anyway. Our diet is not the best b/c we don't have a lot of $$.)

But feels really good and I mean to amp up my workouts as well; Planning on doing a partial One Punch Man style one eventually (without the run; I'm sorry, my left ankle can't take that without me wanting to chew holes in something, I know that from experience.)
    My personal page