If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Which game to get? Yep me again.

edited August 2002 in Role Playing Games
If U choose other please specify
and here is some info

I love the Zelda games\
I really liked ffx/not as much as zelda\
Also really liked Golden Sun\

Thanks for voting or telling me your own choice

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2002
    sorry if i spelled anything wrong (The xeon game)

thanks
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Well... if you like the action-adventure type games more, you'd probably love the Seiken Densetsu games, i.e. Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu III, or Legend of Mana. FF Adventure is in that series too, and I could have voted for that, but... I chose a series biggrin.gif tounge.gif
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    How much cash do you have? FFVII-IX are usually $20 (new) each, same for the Playstation Breath of Fires. I wouldn't buy Xenogears or BoFII because they're going to cost as much as two other games. The FF's have great plots but random battles, which may turn some people off. Xenogears does have a one or two player fighting minigame, which might interest you. It doesn't appear until a while into the game, but is okay.

Which Zelda did you play? There are two for N64 (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) and three for Gameboy systems (Link's Awakening (DX), Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages). I assume you've played Ocarina, judging from your name.
  • FF_Freak_4_LifeFF_Freak_4_Life Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Well, I reccomended Lost Kingdoms, because it's an action oriented RPG, which you seem to like. But, uh...one question, I have another game I'd like to suggest, but before I do, I need to know...Do you have a Dreamcast?
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    If you're really into action RPGs and puzzles, you'll love Lufia 2.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Lufia 2 isn't action rpg. It's just a traditional RPG. But it's pretty fun though. It's free too, if you know what I mean. wink.gif

Umm, my suggestion is still like the post I post earlier. You should deffinately try Shadow Hearts. that game is so much fun. Tsugunai is really fun too. It's not Japanese by the way, even though the name is Japanese. The game is really special. The spells in that game looks so good!. Hey, I should do a review for that game next. Hm...
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    bah why on tactics up there?
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    Star ocean 2,Suikoden 2 or Breath of fire 4.
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    Final Fantasy VII is definitely worth playing. If you have yet to play that I think you should. It is a great game. You started out with Final Fantasy X right? Well, you are going to have to get past the decreases in graphics and and find that wonderful gameplay and storyline.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    You should play Xenogears if you get a chance, but considering it'll cost twice as much as FF7 would and I feel 7 is an even better tale, I reccomend you get FF7. Also, why did you like Zelda over FF10? Was it because you like the action RPG style more, or because of specific problems about FF10 (you didn't like the characters or whatever)?
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    Since I said Other,
    I'd have to say Valkyrie Profile. I still can't get enought of that game.
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Out of the ones you listed, I would pick Final Fantasy Adventure. Its a great action RPG.
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    I like Zelda OoT much more (the other zelda probably draw with it)because i like the characters in it and i like the hole idea
    dont get me wrong the characters in ffx were good (especially seymour) but they just dont come close to Zelda
  • Options
    edited August 2002
    The characters in Zelda I mean
  • poke32poke32 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    im right in the middle of playing xenogears and i love it
    but i still lean towards ff7 as my fave
  • Guardian LuciaGuardian Lucia Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    One of the Lunar games! Lunar 2 may still be out of your price range, but I think you can get Lunar 1 for about $30 brand new now.
  • BobbyRobbyBobbyRobby Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    I just wouldn't buy Lost Kingdoms or any of the Gameboy FFs. ?All the other games are pretty amazing.

As the person before me said, Lunar is also worth a purchase.

• keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Lunar 2 is only $40 at amazon.com, down from $60. Comes with some great extras.
    edited August 2002
    Really? That's a pretty good deal!

I don't regret shelling out the $60, though. ^_^
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    I bought both Lunar SSSC, and Lunar 2 EB, when they first came out for $60. They were worth every penny. wink.gif
    edited August 2002
    Yes, indeed, they were! biggrin.gif