If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wich RPG(s) are you playing right now?

SupraDarkySupraDarky MemberFull Members
edited March 2004 in Role Playing Games
Right now, I'm into Disgaea and I just started Bomberman Quest on the GBC. I usualy play one console RPG and one Handheld RPG.

My next Console RPG will probably be Shenmue II and my next Handheld RPG will probably be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Comments

• TagarthTagarth Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Right now I'm trying to beat Chrono Cross.
    After that, either Final Fantasy or Suikoden 1.
    After those, Iv'e got to get around to beating Final Fantasy tactics.
    Then I hope to be playing Final Fantasy 8 again.
    Mind you, if I get a PS2 after beating Either Final Fantasy 9 or Chrono cross, you can screw me playing the other ones for a while.
  • LordoftheMorningLordoftheMorning Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Im playing Star Ocean 2 ... GREAT GAME!!!

Im also in the middle of FF4.
  • met7met7 Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I just finished Golden Sun and I was planning on getting the Lost Age, but I just noticed the myriad of snes roms that I have on my computer, so I've been busy with some of those. I'm in the middle of FF 5 and Lufia, and I just started Crono Trigger again. I still need to beat Suikoden 3, but I probably wont for a while seeing as I want to play FF 6 first.

Of course the second FFXI comes out, I'm probably not going to play anything else for a while.
  • Yellow 11Yellow 11 Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I've gone insane on FF6. Doing the Umaro solo.
    Only people I haven't done are Umaro, Shadow (Expensive as @#$;*&!), and Locke.
    For current RPGs, none, I gave up on .hack and am looking for that damn Suikoiden I hear so much about. Grargh! Finding the game is a quest in itself! I mean I could always buy it from Gamestop or Gamecave or eBay, but I'm not looking to pay full price for such an oldass series!!!
    ....I bet just because I'm going through this there's a box set somewhere which I never heard of, just like how there were FF9 figures I never knew about.
    I also need to get on this Star Ocean train sometime....Sooner or later I will, I guess. I hear so much about it, then I see it at the store....then my eye shifts around and I grab something else instead. Do'h.
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    Still addicted to Disgaea. Trying to get to 9999 and it doesn't look promising. tounge.gif

Replaying Suikoden 1 (and after it, 2) since it's been years.

In the middle of FFTA

After I get Disgaea and FFTA out of my system I'm finally going to get around to playing Front Mission 3. I haven't had a TRPG to play in over a year and all the sudden I got 3 I want to play all at once. Life sucks...
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Lately, I've been starting RPGs and not finishing and picking them up lately. The ones that I am playing and collecting dust at the same time are Star Ocean 2, Disgaea, Xenosaga, Valkyrie Profile, and Chrono Cross.
  • daschrierdaschrier Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Dragon Warrior 7, trying to actually finish it this time around...so fun and addicting. If I were still in my teens I would stay up all night and play it, but alas staying up all night no longer thrills me and only makes me cranky the next day.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2003
    At the moment I'm enjoying punishing my GBA with many hours of FFTA.

Console wise, I'm playing a mix of games (whatever I snag from work for the night), although I'm waiting to get //infection back so that I can finish the last couple dungeons and move onto //mutation...since //outbreak is out now laugh.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    Right now im just looking for the extras and just roaming around the world of "golden sun'". I have completed it months ago but i still cant drop the game out of my hand.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    For some really weird reasons, I don't feel like playing games right now. Though, the last game I played was Unlimited Saga, but I still haven't beatened it yet. I'm stuck at the final boss. That game is just too hard sometimes. I'll get back to it sometime when I feel like playing games again. Disgaea might be next, if I have the money to buy it that is.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Disgaea.

After it:

Disgaea.

Dracos
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    I must be the only person here who isn't playing or planning on playing Disgaea. You see, I am the epitome of penniless, and don't even own a PS2. I am, however, playing a SRPG I never knew existed. FEDA: Emblem of Justice. After having found a great rom translation site I'm trying out many different games at the moment. Mainly just that one and Cyber Knight.
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Yellow 11 @ Sep. 12 2003,01:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"am looking for that damn Suikoiden I hear so much about. Grargh! Finding the game is a quest in itself! I mean I could always buy it from Gamestop or Gamecave or eBay, but I'm not looking to pay full price for such an oldass series!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

All I can say is, I wish you luck. ?You might be able to find Suikoden I for a decent price somewhere, but II? ?No way, not unless you get extremely lucky and find it at a garage sale or something. ?The cheapest I've seen it at was $50 at gamestop, used with no booklet.

My current plays are FFTA and FFIV, which I'm playing for the first time (no joke!) on my PSX. ?Leveling up in IV is pretty boring, but it's fun in FFTA (IMO) so I've abandoned IV for now. ?Next will probably be FFVIII. ?Guess I'm in a FF mood, 'cause I've got plenty of other stuff lying around here...

• MRHDMRHD Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I'm currently playing Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, after that I'm not sure. Maybe I'll go through Brigandine again. Don't have the money for Disgaea right now(I was lazy this past summer and didn't get a job, now it's coming back to haunt me), hopefully there will still be some copies when I do. confused.gif
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I'm currently watching Xenosaga. I mean, playing Xenosaga.
  • UncleGamerRPGUncleGamerRPG Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Currently I'm Playing Dark Cloud 2, Valkyuire Profile, and Alundra 2. I will then play my many games that are laying around my room, and on my computer. Disgeia would be one of them, but I'm currently lacking in funds, and by funds I mean; the monitery medium in which to exchange for goods and services, and by goods I mean; Disgeia and other games (This includes, but is not limited to, RPGs and their subsidies).
    This lack of funds can be attributed to the lack of employment, or unemployment as you will, and the lack of employment is due to the decrease in free time because of the overall increase of hourly educational requirements. To put it in laymans terms; I'm Broke because I can't get a job because I have to go to school. If I get a job, I will fail school.
  • Jack Van BuraceJack Van Burace Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Well, right now I'm preetyfar into Wild Arms and Suikoden. I thought I would go back and start those two series over and get the saved data for all the Suikodens.

Let's see on GBA I'm playing TTA and Goldensun 2 and Phantasy Star Collection.

I have also just rebought a copy of Shining Force 1 and 2 off ebay and I have started those....

So let's see. Yah I think that's it. Too many games. eh.gif
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I'm addicted to FFTA. @!#$ Dmg2:Animal. Grr.
  • EvaNgeLioNEvaNgeLioN Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    At the moment I am playing Xenosaga. After it, I am not sure but I plan on playing either Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XI, or I might get addicted to a different genre and start playing Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, or Counter-Strike (version 1.6 just came out!!!) Yes, though I am a die-hard RPGamer, Every once in a while I will find myself giving up RPG's for a couple months.

P.S. I have no intention of ever playing Disgea. I have never enjoyed SRPG's much, and though it is probably an amazing game, I am just not really interested. But I seriously cant wait until Doom III is out (a little off the subject, but I really thought u all should know that biggrin.gif)
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I went through Suikoden II again 'cause I really love the game. It's so much fun to play. laugh.gif I tried out Unlimited Saga for about 20 minutes. It was a horrifying experience. Avoid this game at all costs!
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Hmmm... Breath if Fire III for teh second time. And I suppose I'll soon tackle Suikoden III and Xenosaga again, seeing how I'm almost at teh end of each of those games. I'm just extremely ticked off at them and will have to wait until I calm down to play them tounge.gif (It's been about a month of two since I've played either of them) And I'm going through Okage: Shadow King for a second time. And this sin't an RPG, but I'm also playing through Galerians: Ash for the millionth time.
  • NinaNina Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    im playing Chrono Cross for the umteenth millionth time...i dont have any RPGs on the to play list right now..i do need to beat Xenogears and i should start playing Star Ocean 2 and FFT again but my PSX is old and crusty and its not working properly...
  • GlacianGlacian Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I generally try to play only a few games at once to keep from getting distracted. Anyway...

I just finished playing Otogi: Myth of Demons on XBox, which is a pretty good action/RPG. I'm also wrapping up Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, which is just great!!!

I also started Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, but I'm putting it off for a while. I'm just not a big Tactics fan.
  • MirkMirk Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I'm playing Disgaea now (just got to episode 10) and after that I'll be passing the time with Frozen Throne online and BG2 with my brother until Fire Emblem comes out.
  • GutsynessGutsyness New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I am mainly playing Popolocrois Monogatari on PSone.
    By the time I'm done with that game, I will already have received Poporogue. That's my next game.
    After that, if I mangage to get my hands on it, I'll do Popolocrois Monogatari 2.
    But I'll receive Popolocrois 3 and Star Ocean 3 somewhere this week too.
    In other words, I have just discovered Popolocrois games and I am in a Popolocrois craze.

I never play only one RPG at a time, it becomes kind of unbearable (EXCEPTIONS: Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile). After playing dozens of battles in the same game with the same battle system, it gets tedious and I need to switch to another game to experience another battle system.
    So while playing Popolocrois games, I'll also play Star Ocean 3 once I get it, and Arc the Lad games (got 'em all except Arena).

All my games are in japanese so it takes me twice as long to finish RPGs, for I take my time to read slowly japanese texts and understand the story more or less.
  • RaiRai Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Just started playing Suikoden 1 for the third time, its just an excellent game. After I finish it, I'll propably start Suikoden II.
  • YbrikMetaknightYbrikMetaknight Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and not a whole lot else right now...

...but before I got that, and anytime I get pissed off at it...Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy Tactics, Star Ocean 2, Zelda: Wind Waker.

I'm also playing Soul Calibur 2.
  • scotishtidusscotishtidus New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    just completed final fantasy X , as im from britain we dnt get them released as quickly as you so im stuck waiting till november for X-2, so if any one can give me the name of any other good rpgs ??
  • Faris KalinFaris Kalin Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I'm currently playing Disgaea. My next game will probably be FFTA or Demikids.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    My friend let me borrow Breath of Fire : Dragon Quarter but I haven't started it yet.