If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What was your first ever RPG

2»

Comments

• Guardian LuciaGuardian Lucia Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    *huggles Parn's av* Sorry, but I loved those Welcome to Lodoss Island short! ^.^

Anyway, my first rpg was Legend of Zelda for NES, but I didn't really get too far on it. I think my next one was Startropics, but then I didn't play anymore until well into the SNES era.

Edit: Love Tyler's av, too. smile.gif

• OxideOxide Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    For me it was the original Zelda. I remember spending countless hours playing that when I was 5. I probably spent well over 100 hours on it, even though I beat it maybe once or twice.
  • poke32poke32 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    old school crystalis man that rpg was the bomb
  • ExodusExodus Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    i think my first rpg was Trasia on genesis.
  • PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    My first was this old DOS game called Rogue. You played as this face that started at the bottom of the dungeon. Items were represented by different symbols, such as weapons and armor using a playing card icon. All the enemies were represented by the letter that came first in their respective names. You blipped around picking up treasure, armaments, and potions while battling and advancing in strength, though I think there were only so many levels of character building, and I can't remember how they raised. Anyway, I never beat it. There were countless levels in that dungeon, but it was always a fun little thing to play.
  • Captain VittlesCaptain Vittles Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    The game that hooked me was the original Final Fantasy, though I had some Dragon Warrior and Legend of Zelda experiences. And I've played a hell of a lot of them ever since. biggrin.gif
  • LulusLittleSisterLulusLittleSister Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    My first post from San Francisco! If anyone lives around here, lemme know... I'm so lonely!!!

Anyway, my first RPG was FF6. God, I love that game.
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"LulusLittleSister Posted on Aug. 30 2002,08:56

My first post from San Francisco! If anyone lives around here, lemme know... I'm so lonely!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

*hugs Lulu* oh well we'll keep you company until you make some friends smile.gif
  • Daryth DarkmoonDaryth Darkmoon Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Wow, that takes me back. My first RPG was Dragon Warrior on the NES. It came with my Nintendo Power subscription. I played the crap out of that game, and still play it today!
  • diamond25diamond25 Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    i would say zelda for the reg nes.
    diamond
  • RhinoRhino Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    I played them in this order.

1. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
    2. Breath of Fire II
    3. Chrono Trigger
    4. Final Fantasy VI
    5. Final Fantasy VII
    6. Final Fantasy IV
    7. Breath of Fire III
    8. Final Fantasy VIII
    9. Final Fantasy V
    10.Chrono Cross
    11.Final Fantasy IX
    12.Breath of Fire IV

That's twelve I've finished. FFMQ is the best RPG to begin with.
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    Dragon Warrior on the NES for me. smile.gif
  • TheBudTheBud Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Phantasy star 2 for the mega drive, I think I played this Zelda look-alike game based on the Golden axe univers even earlier. In both of them I didn't even knew they were RPGs, but I liked them alot. I think I almost even finished PS2 in the one week rental period I got the game. Hey, I was only like 10 or something.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited September 2002
    If we're counting Zelda, then that's the first one I beat, otherwise Dragon Warrior was the one. I finished Zelda with no deaths (and no quitting with few hearts ;>) for both quests the second time I played through it.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millineum

It was a great game. I never beat it until last year though confused.gif
  • Kelly125Kelly125 Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Zelda! was my first on NES, then dragon warrior, and then Final Fantasy.
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    My first RPG was Phantasy Start for the Sega Master System. . .it was easily one of the best, deep RPGs I have ever played. When I heard it would be rereleased for the Game Boy Advanced I was slightly stoked. . .and yes I as an 18 year old male do own a Game Boy Advance. . .anyone that thinks that's immature can go whine to his mommy:o)
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    SSI's original Pool of Radiance for the commodore 64.
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    Final Fantasy 1 or Legend of Zelda, I don't remember which was first. I really liked both games. My favorite RPG ever is Final Fantasy 2/4j
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Dragon Warrior thanks to Nintendo Power's subscription offer. I remember playing it and having no idea what the heck was going on. I must've been 7 or 8 at the time...
  • TheBudTheBud Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Oh! If we're counting PC games as well, rogue was the first RPG I ever played on the ancient Hercules smile.gif.
  • PerfectSilhouettePerfectSilhouette Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Shining Force II.

And Blair, where are you getting these definitions of game genres. An RPG for me is any game with the main focus of story and character development, but you don't see me saying this as an objective fact.