If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

A closed Topic

squonksquonk BannedBanned Users
edited October 2003 in Site & Forum Support
Aww, squonk...how sad it is when you troll the boards.

To reply to your question, 16 is the minimum age because that's the legal minimum age in most countries to work. Mind you, Canada for example has laws that dictate when those younger may work, but hey, most 15 year olds don't have a lot of interest in a job.

Now, just to point out, we've actually hired under 16 twice: One was a -Head- of Media (that meant he was in charge of the dept), and one was Q&A. If you ever read any portion of the site in, say...2000-1, you would have run across both individuals' works.

No, it's not news, but your concern "appears" to be maturity (which mind you, you display a lack of by the tone in which you posted, let alone the words you used).

Please feel assured that we do have a two step screening process to weed out anyone without the proper mindset or maturity; we also find many people applying from our channel on IRC, and from the boards - and we can further examine their merits from this interaction.

Comments

• generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Woooo... glad I was able to see this before it gets altered.

Just so you know, if you aren't banned by the time you come back to read this, 16-year-olds have always been a part of the RPGamer staff. ?Those-16-year-olds are most likely a lot more knowledgable than you. ?You did a great job stereotyping a couple groups of gamers. ?

Have fun with your Atari, I heard E.T. was really sweet.
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    First thing: HA!
    Second thing: Who's to say there aren't younger gamers out there who know and played just as many games as older gamers? (How old are you?) And you don't need a full sized penis to have a full sized brain, two traits you're probably lacking in. I'm sure anyone that the staff chose to do the job is competent enough to get by just fine.
    Third thing: See ya!
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Oooh.

Did someone lose their way from the Atari fanboy community?

Look, I know you are jealous of all those sixteen year olds and the like, but, just remember:

"People are basically kind."-Alzrius

Really, you can admit your 'problem' and we won't laugh at you.

Too much.

Dracos
  • Lin MayuLin Mayu Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    To quote a character from my Shadowrun campaign:

"Dude...you're #$%@ed."
  • Lord DycedargLord Dycedarg Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I'm not sure here. I respect that some younger folks are extremely well informed( Metacod) but at the same time the idea of having some little snot tell me what to buy seems kind of weird. As long as they are competent though it doesn't really matter I suppose.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Big deal about their age. Age doesn't impart knowledge. Any I ignore most game reviews and find out for myself. For instance, PSM game Digimon 1 a 1/5, but I had a lot of fun playing the game. If you didn't take care of the digimon they'd turned into Numemon. The best part is they pooped heh heh. Numemon would eat poop so once I screwed up a lot; I'd use the Numemon to clean the world.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2003
    And since I've answered the inappropriate question, there's no real need for further discussion.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I want to add that posting the same thing in different threads is against the rules, so please don't do this again. We saw it once, and we replied.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    What the...appending to a locked thread is my trick!
This discussion has been closed.