If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

No Golden Sun 3?

RageRage Transcends lowly massesFull Members
edited August 2005 in Latest Updates
Will it happen or not? Will 2 mark the end of this GBA series? Read about it here, then talk about your hopes and share your conjecture.

Comments

• someguywhohatesyousomeguywhohatesyou Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    No Golden Sun 3 doesn't necessarily mean no more "Golden Sun"esque rpgs from Camelot though.
  • CastomelCastomel Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I'm fairly certain Camelot doesn't know how to produce anything BUT GS-esque games, since that's all they've ever done. Which sucks, because so do most of their games.
    Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!
  • King_steveKing_steve New Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    i love golden sun...maybe/i hope they make it for gamecube biggrin.gif
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    I have to agree with Castomel....Camelot's games are pretty bad.
  • someguywhohatesyousomeguywhohatesyou Member Full Members
    edited April 2003
    Didn't Camelot also make Mario Tennis and Mario Golf for the GBC and the N64?
  • the_sharp_onethe_sharp_one Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I love golden sun, my 2nd favorite next to zelda, but I can ashure you that there will be a golden sun 3, from the very beginning camalot had decided to make it the golden sun trilogy so there will be a third one but very doubtfully a 4th, besides, they get you to make file save data at the end of the game so that you can transfer the info.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    If they decide to create Golden Sun 3, they better make it a little different from the other two. Most of the things in Lost Age had already been used several times in the first game... I wouldn't want to see the same things a third time.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Meh, with so many new RPGs coming out for the GBA, Golden Sun seems to be getting eclipsed, hardy har.
    Can't say that I'll miss it too much.
  • Final NightFinal Night Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I only ever played the first Golden Sun and, for whatever reason, I just didn't enjoy playing it. It almost seemed like a chore. I don't know why... There just wasn't any fun in it for me.

So it's really no skin off my back if the series vanishes into the vaults.
    † Final Night †

Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden

[URL="http://\"http://www.twitter.com/final_night\""]twitter.com/final_night[/URL]
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (someguywhohatesyou @ April 04 2003,17:08)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Didn't Camelot also make Mario Tennis and Mario Golf for the GBC and the N64?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Camelot Corp. made those games. Camelot Co. Ltd. is the one responsible for Golden Sun and such.
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Oct. 26 2003,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Camelot Corp. made those games. ?Camelot Co. Ltd. is the one responsible for Golden Sun and such.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Are they development teams under the same developing company?

Regardless, the idea of there being no GS3 inspires a resounding yawn in me. I didn't even get halfway through the first one before getting bored with it and chucking it on the trade-in pile.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    That's my understanding of it, yes.
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I didn't do that well at Golden Sun. Ok so I stank a bit but Hearing that there might not be a number 3 hurts because playing it was fun and I remember looking forward to number 2. Oh well, not much to be done now. sigh.

Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • SummonerSummoner Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Well,where's the big deal anyway?gs maybe got very good rates but It had some pretty annoying flaws that the guys in camelot didn't think to just make right,especially that defend thing in battle,ULTRA annoyer.Anyway,I also regreted for buying the sequel,I was hoping for some new elements,not the same stuff.The only good thing in golden sun in the end is the good,minute consuming riddles.(thank god) So let's just persuade camelot think of evolving their ideas into a higher level confused.gif enough golden sun
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    If Golden Sun's story ends at book two, then that's fine with me. A good fantasy world with interesting and unusual R.P.G. physics, this truly defined next-generation R.P.G.s. The best part though, was the plot and dialogue, and in a story this rich, the end would have to be reached sooner than one would expect. The only thing this could be compared to, is perhaps Quest for Glory series when you play through as the Mage, where the focus of the dungeons and mazes and even lots of the town situations were that the puzzles were solved by making use of the magic system outside of battle. Also worthy of note, each character had two sets of dialogue composed for them. One for what they overtly say, and one for what the secretly think, which you could get at with Mind Read.

In any case, let's hope Camelot gets back into the Shining series, and, ideally I.M.O., combine the ideas of FF:CC and Shining Soul to create a four-player co-op R.P.G. brawl-fest with GBA Connectivity.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I think it would be great if there were a Golden Sun 3 because I really enjoyed playing both of the games. I really can't think of anything they could use as plot though. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE GAMES, DONT READ THIS!!!"<span class="spoiler">Alex dies at the very end (unless that's what they're feeding off of), and the lighthouses got lit.)</span>" There's not really anything else to do in the series. It would be interesting to see them try though.

• Options
    edited August 2005
    this would suck if there was no gs 3
    also "spoiler" "<span class="spoiler">where does it say alex died? he just got "sucked" into the earth he still could survive in that rpg land</span>"
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2005
    Let's not drag up topics that are more than 2 years old, please.
This discussion has been closed.