If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Name the next 3 RPGs you plan on getting and why.

GrowlanserGrowlanser MemberFull Members
edited January 2004 in Role Playing Games
1. Final Fantasy X-2

Why: Because I mostly just want to see what happens to Tidus, and Square-Enix usually never disappoints.

2. Sword of Mana

Why: Its the next good RPG for Gameboy Advance. Portable, and plus I never got to play Final Fantasy Adventures, so this will be my chance.

3. Final Fantasy: CC/ .HACK Part 3: Outbreak/ Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Why: Well, Im gonna get whatever comes out first. Outbreak is already out, but it depends on if I feel like playing it again.(Im almost done with Mutation). Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles I will have fun with. My friend has a SP and so do I...all he needs to do is get a GC and we can have some multiplayer fun. Star Ocean I am most looking forward too out of the 3 because Enix doesn't fail me(Except with DW7....). Plus, it looks great and battles will kick @$;$.

Comments

• MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    In order of desire:

1. .hack//Quarantine
    2. Star Ocean 3
    3. Final Fantasy X-2
  • MaesterJoshMaesterJosh Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    you know, i'm hard pressed to pick three RPG's I want to buy. I still haven't tried Suikoden 3, i'll try and hunt down a copy of this rather elusive game. (Hard to find in my area, or hard to find everywhere, i wonder!) I never played .hack... or as my friends call it .phantasy star... so maybe I'll pick up the first in that series.

Anyway, i'm behind the times I suppose. At least I finally got my SNES working again so I can play A Link To The Past! w00t!
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    With me it could be almost anything I go on spending sprees when I have money. Unless I have been waithing a while for the game like when Arc The Lad Collection came out.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Don't bother with Suikoden, really. Try finding Grandia Xtreme if you havent played it...the only copy Ive seen in awhile is the one I sold to my friend!
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    They still have Suikoden 3 brand new at a local GameStop.. is it really that rare everywhere else?
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Sword of Mana, Mario and Luigi, and Fire Emblem

Why: Cause everything else is going to suck.
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Since this is for console RPGs, the next games I'll buy are; .hack//Outbreak, .hack//Quarantine, and Tales of Symphonia.

• NeoNessNeoNess Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    1. RPG Maker 2
    2. .hack//outbreak
    3. Star Ocean 3
  • CyllyaCyllya Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Tales of Symphonia
    Sword of Mana
    Mario and Luigi

I want them in that order, but that's probably not the one they'll come in. ;_;
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid|Juravial @ Oct. 25 2003,02:52)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Sword of Mana, Mario and Luigi, and Fire Emblem

Why: ?Cause everything else is going to suck.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I made a mini voodoo doll of Liquids GBA SP, and when Sword of Mana comes out, I yank out it's backlight. Voodoo Spell on YOU! MWAHAHAHA!!one eh.gif
    edited October 2003
    Cyllya: Yea, I wish I could get my hands on Symphonia before any other game! I predict thats the last RPG I'll end up getting by the end of the Second Quarter.

Liquid: Everything else will not suck(Most of them probably will though). You pick RPGs as if you only have a GBA:SP...you should look into some console ones!
  • lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I want a lot more, but since these will be coming out before the rest of them(or already are out), these are my picks ;)

Fire Emblem
    Disgaea
    Xenosaga

I'm getting a PS2 for Christmas, otherwise I'd have two of those already ;)
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"They still have Suikoden 3 brand new at a local GameStop.. is it really that rare everywhere else?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I heard they stopped making copies of the game down here in North America. Me and my brother managed to find a second-hand copy for a really good price.

Anywho, the three RPG's I want to buy are-

-FFX-2. For a while I didn't want to play it, I thought it seemed pathetic, but after seeing the viewable demo that came with Unlimited Saga, I want to play it so much!!

-Persona: Revelations. One of my favorite RPG's. Ever. But it's next to impossible to find down here. We had found it at one place only, for rent, but that place is out of business now, and I haven't seen ANYWHERE ever since.

-Star Ocean 3
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I ordered Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru and Y's I and II Eternal Story (which I should be getting this week). I got Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru because I've always heard that it's the best game in the series, and if it's better than Tengai Makyou Zero, then it must be amazing.
    I got Y's I and II Eternal Story because I enjoyed the earlier versions of those games and I figured it would be nice to have the updated versions.
    Next up will be Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of the Time in December. The first Growlanser is one of my all time favorite games, and I'm hoping that Growlanser IV makes up for Growlanser II and III, which I found incredibly disappointing. I have my doubts about how it'll turn out, but I've got my fingers crossed ?tounge.gif
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    1. Final Fantasy X-2
    I have all the other FFs and I like them all.
    2. Disgaea
    Well there is certainly a lot of talk about it.
    3. Star Ocean 3
    SO2 was great so natuarally this would be...right?

• ArayaAraya Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Star Ocean 3
    -I really enjoyed SO2, not to mention ive been anticipating SO3's release for too long now.

Final Fantasy X-2
    -Despite the somewhat disdainful views many have for FFX, i found it enjoyable. And in being a FF fan, i have to have it.

Disgaea
    -The hype behind it is quite interesting, not to mention ive given it a test run and im entrigued.
    edited October 2003
    bhs: Hey, you post at Gamefaqs, right?

Anyway, Ys I&II are that good? I have YS III and it pretty much sucks.(Its weird!)
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Oct. 24 2003,21:13)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Try finding Grandia Xtreme if you havent played it...the only copy Ive seen in awhile is the one I sold to my friend![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Coincidentally, I finished playing my year-old copy of GX just Friday. smile.gif I would recommend it if you really like the Grandia style of character building, and if you really really like its fighting system. It's not something you play for the characters or story.

Back on topic! Next three RPGs, huh.

FFX2

Fire Emblem: Although I have a sneaking feeling it'll clean my clock like Advance Wars did (and very early on). No fog of war! Please oh please!

Mario and Luigi: I have fond memories of the other two Mario RPGs, and this one looks fun too.
  • David BoringDavid Boring Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Star Ocean 3.

I've actually never played any of the previous entries. I missed out on the second one for no good reason, and I can't get the original to play on the ZSNES, but I've always been interested in the series. The previous games were highly acclaimed and all of them look beautiful and appear to have interesting gameplay ideas.

Final Fantasy XI.

I'm not usually keen on the idea of MMOPRGs, but this being an entry in the Final Fantasy series, I'm willing to try it. I've gotten a few buddies, real and online, to agree to form our own party, so it should be fun. I dig the graphics, and hopefully the music should be good.

Final Fantasy X-2.

I was rather lukewarm on the original. I wasn't particularly fond of Tidus as a character although he grew on me a bit, and his voice was horrifying, but he's not a major part of this game (well, he is, but he's not actually in most of it). I wasn't a fan of the battle system from it either. I thought it had some good ideas, but I wasn't fond of the execution. I like the idea of having every character get into the battle, but it became rather tedious for me. Oh look, a flying character, better bring in Wakka. Eh, I appreciated the additional strategy, but in the end I prefer the ATB system, and I'm glad that's back with the addition of a job system, which I'm always a fan of, and combo attacks...
    edited October 2003
    Growlanser: I thought that was you! Yeah I'm the guy that hangs out on the Growlanser boards. Y's I and II are quite a bit better. They're still weird though. If you didn't like Y's III there's a good possibility that you won't like I and II either.
    edited October 2003
    Bhs: Its just that YS III was side scrolling action, and for me battling was a bit unbalanced and hard. Im always gettin whopped! Maybe the over head view would be a bit better...

David Boring: The SNES translation for Star Ocean 1 isn't even complete. With that, you need to extract the graphics pack in a specific way(Don't ask me how...Haven't played a ROM in awhile)

Star Ocean 2 was ok I guess...but missing out on it when it came out must suck for you because you probably won't want to play it now!

With FFXI...Im not to keen on the MMORPGs neither, but with FFXI I might possibly give it a try. I don't have an idea how to get it online, so Ill have to consult one of the guys at my local EB...hopefully you guys join me in my conquest in FFXI!
  • Shooter_McGunSmackShooter_McGunSmack Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Im gonna have to go with:
    1. FFXI

Pretty much the same reason, a lot of my friends are going to get the game. So, therefore we can have party and good times with the gameplay. Also, I have never really played an MMO before and I figure square is the best way to start.

2. FF:CC

Already have the game resevered at a local Gamestop near me. Im looking forward to the muliplayer format and the fun I will be having biggrin.gif. Although only 2 of my friends have GCs and GBAs sad.gif. So, I cant have 4 players but ill just suck it up.

3. Probably FFX-2 Not to sure on what im going to get as to my 3rd pick... still deciding.
  • magus3498magus3498 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Araya @ Oct. 27 2003,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Star Ocean 3
    -I really enjoyed SO2, not to mention ive been anticipating SO3's release for too long now.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Same for me.

Starocean 3:
    I've been waiting for it for a year now. I got really disappointed when it didn't come out september like i had heard it would. LOVED SO2 TO DEATH!!!

FFX-2:
    At first, I didn't want to get it at all. Now, I want to when I heard about all the features its goin to have.

Don't have anything planned after that.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Star Ocean 3- I kinda wanted to play this forever.....and it's been forever so let's have it!

Final Fantasy XI online- OK so MMORPGs really aren't my thing but this one has me stuck utill I get a way cool job and see the event sequences...

.Hack//(parts 3 and 4)- Ok so I've been broke...I just gotta see the rest of it!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • mindstormmindstorm New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    1. ffX-2
    2. fable
    3. elder scrolls 3 bloodmoon(this will be next one i get)
    4. deus ex invisable war(if you consider it an rpg, it's on this site though)
    5. ffcc
    6. star ocean 3
    7. ff11(a very small chance, but i really want it)
  • avalancheavalanche Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    1. Final Fantasy X-2.
    2. Suikoden IV.
    3. Star Ocean 3.
  • cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    All ones that might never see our shores, or even existence:
    Shenmue III
    Lunar 3
    Persona/SMT: Nocturne

I can hope, right?
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    FFX-2: A must, the FF series rules!

Dark Cloud 2: I missed out on this game, but it is still easy to find. I know this type of game can rack up a lot of hours to kill for an RPG cause you can do so much in this game.

Wild Arms 3: Another one I missed out on. My friend keeps raving about this series, he is a big fan of the first one, and definitely recommended this one to me.
    edited October 2003
    cj_iwakura: If they make Lunar 3, you know how different it would be. The series was defined by the way the last 2 were. If they were to make Lunar 3 there would have to be little changes.

Vampire Hunter V: I missed out on Dark Cloud 2 also, but Im not to keen on the gameplay, but thats maybe because I've never played it.

Wild ARMS 3, on the other hand, Ive played. You will be annoyed and fustrated greatly when playing this game, very very fustrated.
    edited October 2003
    cj_iwakura: I'm not sure if you're under the impression that Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne is a Persona game, but it isn't. Persona was a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei, but the two series are very different from each other.
    Also, if you have any interest in importing games (or if you do already), I highly recommend it. Its easily the best RPG I've played this year. It's pretty tricky though wink.gif